Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yes it's all great fun my friend!

Well with no camera at hand I can't show you what I'm spinning.  Think it was my old bud Thebes that turned me on to the funk of Rickie Lee Jones so I'm listening to a CD I bought and never played "Balm in Gilead".  Before that I played some Mandolin Orange.  I have five of theirs and the sound is quality all the way.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

The Bartender @CECAA850

Klipsch Pilgrimage

Does some his best work wearing gloves. Told his parents he wanted to be a proctologist. They said he should temper his lofty dreams, strive for a place in life more attainable. He opted for the best of two worlds - slush maker and hanging with azzholes around here. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

Does some his best work wearing gloves. Told his parents he wanted to be a proctologist. They said he should temper his lofty dreams, strive for a place in life more attainable. He opted for the best of two worlds - slush maker and hanging with azzholes around here. 

Yes!

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Richie, tarheel, mookie and rockhound.  Founding fathers of the UMF club and patrons of the Sex without Partners society.

58 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You lost me Bill.

Sex Without Partners Society.....SWPS!

My attempt at humor, sometimes it's a reach!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

A blast from the past.  Where you been boy?

Just doing what I do... 

Luckily we've had work at the shop... (our state considers us "essential") .....actually quite busy when our state was 1st shut down. I thought we'd have no work. But customers just dropped off cars that they've been putting off repairs, they were not using their cars for work, I was surprised.

Changes coming...

The Boss and I are looking for another house. Want a smaller house with some land.. just looking for a few acres... enough to build a nice shop on. I finally convinced her that we don't need a five bedroom house, it's just me and her. 

We might not have a shop this time next year.... my landlord just passed two weeks ago. don't know what's gonna happen. just the property alone is worth a ton of coin. so his kids might just sell it off once the estate is settled. Don't Know if the use car guys next to my shop will buy the place, they have deep pockets. But they haven't been moving any cars. 

So the plan has been for us to relocate, build a shop and take my best customers with me, people that are just more that customers. People that have been coming to the shop for years, I've got some that I've known 20+ years...... So maybe get a part time gig.....something like trimming cannabis plants in a grow house and work on cars at my house part time.. This has kinda been the plan for some time, but the boss didn't want to sell the house. We were thinking about putting a building here but she's finally onboard with moving...it makes more sense. So plans have been moved up. 

So if you remember the boss's mom past couple years back and we still have stuff from their estate. The boss wasn't ready to get rid of things but we have a new plan....everything goes, we list crap on market place every day...I'm selling all kinds of stuff... I'm even unloading a bunch of my Klipsch and my JBL's might also be going. We have acquired quite a hoard over the years....and it can't come with us. 

But we're ok... we are strong. 

Since covid hit all we do is go to the shop and come home. We haven't been out to eat and will not do so until the "mask" thing is done. We've only got carry out food three times since covid hit....and this has nothing to do with the virus.. I'm just not spending money..

Anyway.... The Boss says Hi to all

I'll be back😉

MKP 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Since covid hit all we do is go to the shop and come home. We haven't been out to eat and will not do so until the "mask" thing is done. We've only got carry out food three times since covid hit....and this has nothing to do with the virus.. I'm just not spending money..

Stay well Buddy.  Good luck with the move. I'm right there with you .... I haven't eaten out for seven months and that's a world record for me. I do admit the cans of chili and cans of Chef Boyardee Raviolis are getting old. My sister in LA gets home delivery from restaurants most every night and they've not gotten sick. 

I'll venture out on Tuesday to get my flu shot and hopefully will be brave enough to hit the liquor store on the way home. Need some tequila and bourbon as I'm getting tired of beer & wine (which is all that is sold at grocery stores in this pathetic excuse for a state). I order my groceries on line and drive up and they put them in the back of the truck for me ... haven't been inside a store since March. 

was a bit discouraged earlier when the tv news came on before I could get a chance to change channels and they said that the virus cases are rising at an unprecedented rate. Sucks to think that after seven months, we're in no better position yet. 

Give Dawn my regards and you two stay well. 

Steve

• Like 2