Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

29 minutes ago, babadono said:

Got the first course of the wall done today, YEA! In the misty, rainy coldness. Mist and rain all day long on and off in So CAL. In October?  Its global warming I tell ya!

Pics to follow.

I like that you called it a "course"....most call it a row.

• Haha 2

technical terminology...lol

as an ex-hoddy... all too familiar.

winter has arrived. No fire in the woodstove -- yet and we may "sweat" [a good oxymoron] out the next few days of cold weather. Sposed to be back around 90` by the weekend.

I am try to not feel like a failure.

been trying to teach a 33yr old responsibility, let him make mistakes AND keep him from hurting himself [badly] in the process.

But... since he has been living with us - gave him a house even... prolly the first big mistake...

he has not contributed anything to our welfare. Nothing toward food, electricity, internet, his car insurance, help with grunt labor....

Makes minimum wage and has a 6yr old daughter...

With his "extra" money he has bought a truck, horse trailer, guns, 2 motorcycles... the corker came when he decided he needed a Sportster and laid it down on his first excursion. He made about 10 miles before he dropped it.....

I want to scream !!! Said he wanted a bike to putt down dirt roads -- doesn't like riding on the road/in traffic. I suggested he get an enduro... but he likes the looks of a cafe racer....but he just graduated from E-bike... seriously. He DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

this is why I have been quiet lately. When I am upset, I try to not say things in "the heat of the moment.   Not saying I don't want to take a 2 X 4 to him...

@Ceptorman

Bill

I know you are a n enthusiast. Are these rider schools any good? I know the boy is not a good driver and don't expect a ridership course to improve that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

technical terminology...lol

as an ex-hoddy... all too familiar.

winter has arrived. No fire in the woodstove -- yet and we may "sweat" [a good oxymoron] out the next few days of cold weather. Sposed to be back around 90` by the weekend.

I am try to not feel like a failure.

been trying to teach a 33yrold responsibility, let him make mistakes AND keep him from hurting himself [badly] in the process.

But... since he has been living with us - gave him a house even... prolly the first big mistake...

he has not contributed anything to our welfare. Nothing toward food, electricity, internet, his car insurance, help with grunt labor....

Makes minimum wage and has a 6yr old daughter...

With his "extra" money he has bought a truck, horse trailer, guns, 2 motorcycles... the corker came when he decided he needed a Sportster and laid it down on his first excursion. He made about 10 miles before he dropped it.....

I want to scream !!! Said he wanted a bike to putt down dirt roads -- doesn't like riding on the road/in traffic. I suggested he get an enduro... but he likes the looks of a cafe racer....but he just graduated from E-bike... seriously. He DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

this is why I have been quiet lately. When I am upset, I try to not say things in "the heat of the moment.   Not saying I don't want to take a 2 X 4 to him...

Sounds like you have a good heart but unfortunately you're enabling him.  Time for some tough love.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I like that you called it a "course"....most call it a row.

Of course a course is a course of course:)

Had to step down the footing 4 times by the end, so basically a 2 foot drop in elevation. Sure looks flatter than that to these uneducated eyes. Great for drainage away from the house I suppose. Anyway next is a french drain behind the first courses and then just stack it up and backfill. Going to be great to use up lots of accumulated rock and soil behind this wall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well there is always that option if others don't work out.

Start with a 1 x 2 and work your way up! (I have three boys)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

Got back home last night, it was really a good time with good food and fun people.

I accidently drank a little too much Sat night during and after the wedding, but I was far from alone. I normally do not drink much or any anymore, but i guess this was exception.  I was taking pictures for the wedding, after a certain point I set the camera to A, which I think is for Alcohol, well that's the story I used. It was a great setting for a wedding party, plenty room a fire pit, bar and a perouge full of beer. This is part of it, downstairs of the back yard, ot goes about another 100' to the right which has string lights and tables and chairs.

Just starting to set up in this pic.

ERL_9124.JPG

ERL_9126.JPG

• Like 4

Come on guys...a senior citizen inflicting corporal punishment to a 33 yr. old man. Sounds like a bad idea to me @grasshopper. Probably will not work and may even be dangerous to the older gent.. Hopefully everyone was joking. Don't get me wrong 33 yr olds should be out on their own not soaking off Mommy and Daddy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1