Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Got back home last night, it was really a good time with good food and fun people.

I accidently drank a little too much Sat night during and after the wedding, but I was far from alone. I normally do not drink much or any anymore, but i guess this was exception.  I was taking pictures for the wedding, after a certain point I set the camera to A, which I think is for Alcohol, well that's the story I used. It was a great setting for a wedding party, plenty room a fire pit, bar and a perouge full of beer. This is part of it, downstairs of the back yard, ot goes about another 100' to the right which has string lights and tables and chairs.

Just starting to set up in this pic.

ERL_9124.JPG

ERL_9126.JPG

!! EEK!! There's a little green man in this picture!!

Kevin and Lisa's place?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good thing for smart cameras. But only need that later in the night.

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hopefully everyone was joking.

Of course, somewhat, maby, it would be embarrassing to get a butt whipping from a senior citizen.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, babadono said:

!! EEK!! There's a little green man in this picture!!

Kevin and Lisa's place?

No it's his brothers, Brandon and his wife's Rae's place, they moved there 2-3 years ago. We didn't get to see Kevin this trip, he tied up in the middle of moving, he is moving to North Arkansas. 

There was a little green person, he was no trouble just hung out in the garden.

Behind me in the walkway pic is a big river, No one fell in the river or down the stairs, it was a good night. :emotion-21: 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, babadono said:

Come on guys...a senior citizen inflicting corporal punishment to a 33 yr. old man. Sounds like a bad idea to me @grasshopper. Probably will not work and may even be dangerous to the older gent.. Hopefully everyone was joking. Don't get me wrong 33 yr olds should be out on their own not soaking off Mommy and Daddy.

Your snark detection meter needs calibrating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

technical terminology...lol

as an ex-hoddy... all too familiar.

winter has arrived. No fire in the woodstove -- yet and we may "sweat" [a good oxymoron] out the next few days of cold weather. Sposed to be back around 90` by the weekend.

I am try to not feel like a failure.

been trying to teach a 33yr old responsibility, let him make mistakes AND keep him from hurting himself [badly] in the process.

But... since he has been living with us - gave him a house even... prolly the first big mistake...

he has not contributed anything to our welfare. Nothing toward food, electricity, internet, his car insurance, help with grunt labor....

Makes minimum wage and has a 6yr old daughter...

With his "extra" money he has bought a truck, horse trailer, guns, 2 motorcycles... the corker came when he decided he needed a Sportster and laid it down on his first excursion. He made about 10 miles before he dropped it.....

I want to scream !!! Said he wanted a bike to putt down dirt roads -- doesn't like riding on the road/in traffic. I suggested he get an enduro... but he likes the looks of a cafe racer....but he just graduated from E-bike... seriously. He DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

this is why I have been quiet lately. When I am upset, I try to not say things in "the heat of the moment.   Not saying I don't want to take a 2 X 4 to him...

@Ceptorman

Bill

I know you are a n enthusiast. Are these rider schools any good? I know the boy is not a good driver and don't expect a ridership course to improve that.

Yes, some of those schools are great, especially when they can adjust their teaching based on your experience level. ABATE can be a good source. He might even inquire locally about someone teaching a newbie some motorcycle skills. You're right about an enduro bike, if he's on gravel roads a lot. Some of those adventure bikes are pretty cool, they're more than a dirt bike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Got back home last night, it was really a good time with good food and fun people.

I accidently drank a little too much Sat night during and after the wedding, but I was far from alone. I normally do not drink much or any anymore, but i guess this was exception.  I was taking pictures for the wedding, after a certain point I set the camera to A, which I think is for Alcohol, well that's the story I used. It was a great setting for a wedding party, plenty room a fire pit, bar and a perouge full of beer. This is part of it, downstairs of the back yard, ot goes about another 100' to the right which has string lights and tables and chairs.

Just starting to set up in this pic.

ERL_9124.JPG

ERL_9126.JPG

1lonov.jpg

3ac8be992955fa4f36609fb49a6404f1.png

12o1lu.jpg

orangutan_2091683i.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

@grasshopper there are 7 ABATE locations in Arizona.

Is he somewhat cocky about motorcycles? They want you to leave your ego at home.

Ego?????

just a little

he thinks with his gonads....

I think [hope] his dropping the Harley woke him up... a little

He can't afford to fix it, if he seriously breaks it. He just broke a mirror and scraped off his front turn /marker light when he dropped it...got a few bruises, too.

I keep telling him it is waiting for ANY opportunity to ride him. 

We [wife and I] were none to happy about this last purchase. There are many more episodes of poor judgement recently too. 

He really needs to learn to live w/i his means. He decided he wanted this Harley more than having 4 good tires on his car that he drives every day. If he gets a flat and there won't be much sympathy from me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ugh.. we have 14 of our group homes (out of 25) under quarantine. It doesn't mean someone is infected, but that someone who has been to a house has tested positive. So all are quarantined until all test negative show no symptoms after 14 days (I think I have that right).

Bruce

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

He can't afford to fix it, if he seriously breaks it. He just broke a mirror and scraped off his front turn /marker light when he dropped it...got a few bruises, too.

Friend of mine (very experienced rider) dropped his Fat Boy, in a parking lot, doing about 5-10 mph. Nicked another bike. It fell over, crushed his GF's knee. Had it transported to the dealer... and they said the frame was bent too badly to repair, and the insurance was writing it off. It wasn't a happy day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

There are so many horror stories involving bikes, I have a permanent limp from a busted up knee 44 years ago, I was a headstrong 23 year old.

Heard a story about a guy that didn't ride much, but wanted this new bright red sexy Ducati. He wrote a check for it, started to ride off at the dealership, hit a curb in the parking lot  and died from a head injury.

@grasshopper you should tell him to ride on a race track.....it's WAY safer there.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Ego?????

just a little

he thinks with his gonads....

I think [hope] his dropping the Harley woke him up... a little

I keep telling him it is waiting for ANY opportunity to ride him. 

We [wife and I] were none to happy about this last purchase. There are many more episodes of poor judgement recently too. 

He really needs to learn to live w/i his means. He decided he wanted this Harley more than having 4 good tires on his car that he drives every day. If he gets a flat and there won't be much sympathy from me.

But he's just a 'kid'. C'mon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

With his "extra" money he has bought a truck, horse trailer, guns, 2 motorcycles... the corker came when he decided he needed a Sportster and laid it down on his first excursion. He made about 10 miles before he dropped it.....

I want to scream !!! Said he wanted a bike to putt down dirt roads -- doesn't like riding on the road/in traffic. I suggested he get an enduro... but he likes the looks of a cafe racer....but he just graduated from E-bike... seriously. He DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

this is why I have been quiet lately. When I am upset, I try to not say things in "the heat of the moment.   Not saying I don't want to take a 2 X 4 to him...

@Ceptorman

Bill

I know you are a n enthusiast. Are these rider schools any good? I know the boy is not a good driver and don't expect a ridership course to improve that.

I hope it was a used one. Dang, Get someone that rides to impart to him that "You DO NOT push yourself past the limits of your abilities" when you start riding. I'm glad he's ok, probably not his pride right now.

And slow the f down for pine needles when your turning or even going straight down the road. I almost lost it across from the Rockefeller mansion in Daytona, I was 155# of muscle & bike was 545# of hp.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

One in each maybe is that Kermit's bright green head in the second?

I had to go look, you have good eyes, that's 2 sprite bottles lined up to go in the bar. If I am seeing the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

@grasshopper there are 7 ABATE locations in Arizona.

Is he somewhat cocky about motorcycles? They want you to leave your ego at home.

Never had a street bike but a dirtbike, what I found which is the same for 4 wheelers, when you think your getting good with is when you get in trouble.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never had a street bike but a dirtbike, what I found which is the same for 4 wheelers, when you think your getting good with is when you get in trouble.

my first vehicle was a 1977 Ford F-150 FWD.  Offroading is good if you are a mechanic ... those trucks sure take a beating -- at least they way I drove. I recall once, on the way home, my brother in law, tells me that I should pull over and let him drive because I obviously had too much to drink because I was swerving.  So I did. he didn't do any better. Turns out that I had bent the steering stabilizer bar (or whatever it is called) so it was very hard to drive straight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1