Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Anyone here drink Ginger Ale?  I love the stuff and think that you should always have some on hand -- it's just the right thing to do. Anyway, I just saw a commercial about Canada Dry Ginger Ale BOLD.  Wondering if it's any good?  Is the bold meaning that it has a bite?  Forum Member Ben S. (whose been gone from the forum for years and I hope that he is okay) turned me on to Blenheims (pink top) and it was so good.  A lovely burn as you drank it. 

Ben, if you're still out there ... say something. Miss you brother!  @Tarheel Chuck, any word from Ben? 

• Like 4

On 10/25/2020 at 8:21 AM, Shiva said:

LaScala demo from the same audio shop. 

I listened to the demo through the MacBook Pro speakers, then stopped to connect and put on headphones, then restarted the clip to hear it properly.  It was worth it.  Thanks.

Luckily, I keep the headphones beside me on the sofa for just such occasions.  Very handy!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

1lonov.jpg

3ac8be992955fa4f36609fb49a6404f1.png

12o1lu.jpg

orangutan_2091683i.jpg

I hope you realize that's a female leaning against the tree, and three males under "AND THEN SHE SAID".  The females have the breasts and the males have the big faces.

Or am I the one who's reading it wrong?  Never mind.

• Like 1

@BigStewMan don't know Ben but I know Blenheims

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/

It's not readily available here now except to order it. Or at delis downtown or the north side of town. 

& I tried the bold Canada Dry. Very slightly more dark flavor but that's not what I noticed the most about it. It's got the high fructose in it.

An hour later, you'll be smacking your tongue from the roof of your mouth because it dries you out and leaves your mouth sticky.

Had to get a 12 pack to try it out, gave it to my brother, his kids love that sweet-s#*t.

• Like 3

won't have to worry about boy riding the bike today...

it is 25` this AM... soaring all the way up to 60`.

Didn't light the fireplace... dug out the space heaters, though.

Wife called me on her way home from work

"My car has a low tire"

took out to meet her and assess the situation....

Turns out, the cold dropped the pressure enough to trigger the idiot light. All of the tires were down 3lb.

Dinner was potato soup.

@BigStewMan

I like ginger ale

Don't care for Schwepp's. Too sweet

CD is OK.  I did have some ... and I can't remember the brand, had that tingle/bite that you spoke of. I seem to recall it being ginger beer. It was an "off" brand.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Dinner was potato soup.

We had that this weekend and it was exceptional.  My wife used about a third of a finely chopped scorpion pepper as one ingredient.  It gave a really nice faint heat and you could also taste the subtle flavor of the pepper itself.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

Friend of mine (very experienced rider) dropped his Fat Boy, in a parking lot, doing about 5-10 mph. Nicked another bike. It fell over, crushed his GF's knee. Had it transported to the dealer... and they said the frame was bent too badly to repair, and the insurance was writing it off. It wasn't a happy day.

Your friend crashed at 5-10 mph, or barely over walking speed, and it bent the frame?  Doesn't that sound a bit odd?  It takes a lot of force to bend a frame, and the front end generally gets bent as well.  It should have got away with at most some scrapes, a broken mirror and turn signal, and maybe bent handlebars, if it was crashed at such a low speed.  Did it happen some time ago?  If it isn't settled yet, I'd be taking it to a second dealer, unless the shop was able to show the owner exactly where and which way the frame was bent.

Was the Fat Boy too damaged to ride away from the crash?  I've ridden away from quite a few crashes, especially on the racetrack.  At least two involved crashes at around 100 mph, and the bikes were not only rideable after, but raceable, too.  One was about 18 hours into a 24 hour race, and the bike finished the race, taking 2nd in its class, Middleweight Superbike.  It was a year-old RZ500.  I had a slightly broken ankle, though.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Your friend crashed at 5-10 mph, or barely over walking speed, and it bent the frame?  Doesn't that sound a bit odd?  It takes a lot of force to bend a frame, and the front end generally gets bent as well.  It should have got away with at most some scrapes, a broken mirror and turn signal, and maybe bent handlebars, if it was crashed at such a low speed.  Did it happen some time ago?  If it isn't settled yet, I'd be taking it to a second dealer, unless the shop was able to show the owner exactly where and which way the frame was bent.

Was the Fat Boy too damaged to ride away from the crash?  I've ridden away from quite a few crashes, especially on the racetrack.  At least two involved crashes at around 100 mph, and the bikes were not only rideable after, but raceable, too.  One was about 18 hours into a 24 hour race, and the bike finished the race, taking 2nd in its class, Middleweight Superbike.  It was a year-old RZ500.  I had a slightly broken ankle, though.

It was a Harley....so! They just don't crash well. They have occasional recalls from their frame welds, usually around the kickstand area.

Cool racing story. 24 hour endurance, that sounds like fun! How many riders, 3? I've always wanted to ride a 2 stroke on the track, but never did. I was passed by a TZ250 once while I was on a CBR600, on my first lap of my first ever track day, it was awesome!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@BigStewMan don't know Ben but I know Blenheims

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/

It's not readily available here now except to order it. Or at delis downtown or the north side of town. 

& I tried the bold Canada Dry. Very slightly more dark flavor but that's not what I noticed the most about it. It's got the high fructose in it.

An hour later, you'll be smacking your tongue from the roof of your mouth because it dries you out and leaves your mouth sticky.

Had to get a 12 pack to try it out, gave it to my brother, his kids love that sweet-s#*t.

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

won't have to worry about boy riding the bike today...

it is 25` this AM... soaring all the way up to 60`.

Didn't light the fireplace... dug out the space heaters, though.

Wife called me on her way home from work

"My car has a low tire"

took out to meet her and assess the situation....

Turns out, the cold dropped the pressure enough to trigger the idiot light. All of the tires were down 3lb.

Dinner was potato soup.

@BigStewMan

I like ginger ale

Don't care for Schwepp's. Too sweet

CD is OK.  I did have some ... and I can't remember the brand, had that tingle/bite that you spoke of. I seem to recall it being ginger beer. It was an "off" brand.

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Anyone here drink Ginger Ale?  I love the stuff and think that you should always have some on hand -- it's just the right thing to do. Anyway, I just saw a commercial about Canada Dry Ginger Ale BOLD.  Wondering if it's any good?  Is the bold meaning that it has a bite?  Forum Member Ben S. (whose been gone from the forum for years and I hope that he is okay) turned me on to Blenheims (pink top) and it was so good.  A lovely burn as you drank it. 

Ben, if you're still out there ... say something. Miss you brother!  @Tarheel Chuck, any word from Ben? 

large_431e226c-6605-47e3-a3d6-114d0720fa

• Like 4

On 10/26/2020 at 11:37 AM, grasshopper said:

have been trying to convince his mother

you can do that by raising the 6 year old grand-daughter before she  gets influenced , wrongly ,your wife will see that , and that will turn her around ,    I would take the Girl in asap  , and raise her  proper ,  you have to , unfortunately as a bad apple can taint over , and 6 years old is already  smart enough to understand the difference , kids need a strong person to teach them  to fend for themselves rather than spoiling them rotten --

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

They were in a parking lot. I agree, and the dealer was actually surprised by it as well. I don't know if he rode it home or not. I'm thinking not, or they brought it back on a trailer so he could stay with the GF. They were in Atlanta, and live just north of Chattanooga. It was over five years ago... The insurance company was willing to write it off and he got another. They said it would cost too much to strip it and repair it.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

Friend of mine (very experienced rider) dropped his Fat Boy, in a parking lot, doing about 5-10 mph. Nicked another bike. It fell over, crushed his GF's knee. Had it transported to the dealer... and they said the frame was bent too badly to repair, and the insurance was writing it off. It wasn't a happy day.

Harley's should all have twin discs up front , Softail Fatboys have a single disc , very lousy brakes ----------the only way to go is buy the Harley catalogue parts to fit a 2nd disc upfront or add Performance Machine brand calipers and discs  just like in the  Mean Softail  in the movie  , HD and Marlboro Man -

Performance Machine Four-Piston Differential-Bore Front Caliper For Harley

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

you can do that by raising the 6 year old grand-daughter before she  gets influenced , wrongly ,your wife will see that , and that will turn her around ,    I would take the Girl in asap  , and raise her  proper ,  you have to , unfortunately as a bad apple can taint over , and 6 years old is already  smart enough to understand the difference , kids need a strong person to teach them  to fend for themselves rather than spoiling them rotten --

Being a grandparent is sposed to be all about spoiling the kid rotten and sending them home wired on Mt.Dew and chocolate, but, given her situation we are parenting her already. All of her stuff is here... not at her dad's. She only sleeps at his place.

I am amazed how much influence I have on her already. She listens to me.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
13 hours ago, Islander said:

I hope you realize that's a female leaning against the tree, and three males under "AND THEN SHE SAID".  The females have the breasts and the males have the big faces.

I'm sure dtel knew it.

Besides that the females are never wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Heard from one of my kids today. they were evacuated from their home yesterday due to one of the SoCal fires.  They were already packed up and ready to go the in-laws place when the evacuation order took effect. 

I hope they are able to return home soon as trying to carry on with the normal responsibilities of life while crashing at someone else's house is a challenge. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Being a grandparent is sposed to be all about spoiling the kid rotten and sending them home wired on Mt.Dew and chocolate, but, given her situation we are parenting her already. All of her stuff is here... not at her dad's. She only sleeps at his place.

I am amazed how much influence I have on her already. She listens to me.

That little girl would be better off with you, she has to have some stability.

• Like 2