Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang

Rest, rest and more rest.

Currently the west coast is orbiting 6" from the sun, no relief anytime soon.

News items consists of buckling road surfaces, trailer park campers are complaining they live in a microwave oven and want federal assistance.

Keep your critters cool, more news later when we rotate out of this orbit.

post-57941-0-09800000-1439814167.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I didn't do one productive thing on Sunday and it almost killed me.  I have to stay busy all the time for some reason. Relaxing is a chore.  Saturday however I got my starter rows down on the bedroom floor.  

20170617_113344.jpg

Nice Carl....is that old pine?  Gluing or nailing to the slab.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, minermark said:

9a97ffa4e7db1cbdfc438cce44601406.jpg

Coffee.......................................................

My wife and I walked around the house all day yesterday with mild headaches.  We really couldn't put our finger on the cause as neither of us had an inordinate amount to drink on Saturday.  Come to find out she had accidentally bought decaf beans and yesterday morning was the first time we had them.  LOL, we got it bad.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Come to find out she had accidentally bought decaf beans and yesterday morning was the first time we had them. 

Doctor scared me away from caffeine. Regular doctor and Cardiologist both told me that caffeine can trigger those heart rhythm issues i was having. (Thank God i haven’t had an episode in a few months--they were really getting old).  i don’t mind decaf coffee; but, then i don’t drink it everyday either. I’ll drink coffee when it’s cold outside. Today, got out of bed and grabbed an ice-cold 7-Up.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Thank God i haven’t had an episode in a few months--

That's great news.  If the DR ever told me to quit drinking coffee, I'd do it.  It's pretty much an enjoyable habit at this point but I could live without it if it affected my heart.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I didn't do one productive thing on Sunday and it almost killed me.  I have to stay busy all the time for some reason. Relaxing is a chore.  Saturday however I got my starter rows down on the bedroom floor.  

I hear ya Carl.....

I too can not sit still... I'm always doing something or thinking about doing something..... and if I have a lazy day on the weekend I feel bad that I didn't do anything:wacko:

Floors looking good Carl..

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's where we got our deck from... calibamboo 

MKP :-)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Gluing or nailing to the slab.

Glue down.  I had to clean all the drywall mud and paint that was on the slab from when the house was built.  Carpet had been hiding the mess, that took a while.  Next step was to put down a 2 part sealer as a moisture barrier.  The glue goes on top of that.  The glue is a Titebond  that the floor manufacturer recommends.  It has the consistency of thin peanut butter but is stringy like melted cheese.  It's a mess to deal with but 24 hours after you put it down, the floor is completely bonded to the concrete.

• Like 3

It could be a "Little Worse" Could live in Needles Calif......

EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ... 110-117 for the Las Vegas Valley and other lower desert areas, 120-127 for Death Valley, 112-122 along the Colorado River Valley  :o

Currently reading 105 here in NorCal.....Humidity @ 27

• Like 4

Afternoon gang

Current reading from outside is 115

Just pulled the trigger in an AC system for the ManCave, less than a Grand and will have it by next week.

Would have done the "Ductless" for twice the cost however Pro AC service was required for charging, scrw that.

ManCave has not had a Perk since the snowroof, in combo with that i should be "Stylin"  Cave is 80 currently @45 Humid.

18342366_1371717109583273_85853628618642672_n.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Glue down

Way back when this floor covering was just out, maybe 20+ years ago, i helped a guy do his kitchen.

This was over a foam sheeting, maybe an 1/8" thick, floating  i believe they called it at the time.

Never found out how it held up as he sold the house soon after.

I told him iv always glued it, he seemed ok with his method, i still wonder how it worked out...... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, minermark said:

Way back when this floor covering was just out, maybe 20+ years ago, i helped a guy do his kitchen.

This was over a foam sheeting, maybe an 1/8" thick, floating  i believe they called it at the time.

Never found out how it held up as he sold the house soon after.

I told him iv always glued it, he seemed ok with his method, i still wonder how it worked out...... 

Floating over a pad is the most common application for laminate.  Just about anyone can install it.  I don't care for the sound you make as you walk across it as it sounds very hollow.

• Like 2

Greetings C,C & Cers!  To say life has been busy lately wouldn't be accurate.  I read far more often than I post, but anyway - solstice was mentioned and I thought I'd share a pic from Sat night about 11:15pm.  Days start getting shorter from Thursday - we're at the time of year that I think that's ok!  We stay up Waaaayyy too late in the summer...

IMG_8912.thumb.JPG.07f35ea37deb27e5bd08f67e36168a8d.JPG

• Like 6