Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, minermark said:

All tough these would likely out do any Bose, there would be NO compair, with McMs, or the EAW stacks.

I was thinking four of these cute lil things might be great in the boat.

with cost for 4 of those cute little things you can have these 

both were made to get wet...

l_7179c70f5a82b8ecf9ace0bc281f8432.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, akdave said:

Even this Alaska boy has been to Cooper's!  It's the real deal!  My Texan buddy said you know it's real when you spend $36 on it and it's served on wax paper.  I'm almost ruined on BBQ now bc it just doesn't measure up to that place!  Two thumbs up, go check it out if you're within 1,000 miles or so! 

Well, $36 bucks is about right. Wife and I took a quick ride to Llano from Fredericksberg to sample the "famous" Coopers.

Maybe we hit on a bad day but that was about the worst BBQ I've sampled in a long time. Sucked -- 

• Like 1

ATOMIC KITTENS 

Czech nuclear power station sparks fury after holding bizarre BIKINI contest to choose their new intern

Dboule Temelin Nuclear Power Station, near Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic, was forced to apologise after a backlash

By Tom Michael
26th June 2017, 4:30 pm

A CZECH nuclear power plant has been forced to apologise after holding a bikini contest to choose its new female intern.

Dboule Temelin Nuclear Power Station, located near the city of Ceske Budejovice in the South Bohemian Region in South-western Czech Republic, sparked a backlash with its bizarre recruitment policy.

A Czech nuclear power plant held a bikini contest to choose a new intern

A Czech nuclear power plant held a bikini contest to choose a new intern

Temelin, the largest energy producer in the Czech Republic, opened up the “competition” for an intern position online, asking pretty young things to step forward.

Administrators then selected ten female candidates from those that put themselves forward.

They then organised a photoshoot with the scantily-clad hopefuls in one of the station’s cooling towers to decide who would get the position.

The sexy snaps were posted on the company website, with fans asked to vote for the hottest to secure the internship job.

The story has since hit headlines around the world and sparked outrage among many.

The recruitment process was branded “sexist” and “scandalous” by critics, with power station bosses forced into a grovelling apology.

Two of the girls featured in the Czech bikini contest pose for the camera

Two of the girls featured in the Czech bikini contest pose for the camera

Dboule Temelin Nuclear Power Station sparked fury with its recruitment policy

Dboule Temelin Nuclear Power Station sparked fury with its recruitment policy

Representatives of Temelin said the bikini contest was only one part of a beauty pageant among school graduates, adding that they were “trying to make technical education more popular”.

Bosses have expressed regret for any upset caused but said the campaign was “misunderstood”.

But netizens online have not been impressed by the organisers’ excuses.

Energy firm Temelin organised the shoot in one of the station's cooling towers

CEN
Temelin organised the shoot in one of the station’s cooling towers

The power plant was forced to apologise for causing offence with the policy

The power plant was forced to apologise for causing offence with the policy

• Like 1

If that's the first part of the internship selection process, I wonder what the second is?  Looks like this company has chosen some sound fundamentals to work with.  I have dibs on being the recruiter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACV92 said:

If that's the first part of the internship selection process, I wonder what the second is?  Looks like this company has chosen some sound fundamentals to work with.  I have dibs on being the recruiter.

You got it; I'll interview and have hiring manager rights

• Like 2