Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Just got home, we came home early because of weather, we had a bunch get together at kevin's house in Lafayette, we left Thursday and got home a couple hours ago. We did get to see everybody for a couple days anyway, listening to music and eating, except for the :pwk_bs: which is pretty steady it's about all we do.

We called kevin from the road about an hour after we left, he sounded confused, he thought we were still in the bedroom sleeping, he didn't know we left already. :biggrin: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Anybody need some rain ?

ECI8.JPG

Hope it goes well for you. At least it's not the hi powered wind storms of lately.

We need rain, and Nate might bring us some. We are -5" for the last 3 months, but +6" for the year....shows how much we had in the spring.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Hope it goes well for you. At least it's not the hi powered wind storms of lately.

We need rain, and Nate might bring us some. We are -5" for the last 3 months, but +6" for the year....shows how much we had in the spring.

There will be some pretty good wind but I would think it will be over a small area, fine with me because that area looks like it will not be here. :emotion-21: They keep saying it will turn, but it looks like they forgot to inform the storm. We will be fine, we have no problem with whatever rain we get, just didn't want winds that could cause problems. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know we were on the good side of the storm (west), and I know it turned away from us right before coming on land but this was a tiny storm and a complete dud for us. About 1'' of rain and very little wind, completely still most of the time, a little disappointing really, didn't want any damage but a little wind would have been nice. 

This storm gave hurricanes a bad name, even my wife who usually panics with these things was disappointed, she even said a little wind would have been nice.  

And I took down the hanging ferns and windchimes for this.:huh: 

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well, I lived most of my life in Los Angeles. People talked of this thing called rain; but, i didn’t believe them.

What you said there would have been part of the problem if I lived in LA.  

It's the illusion of of living. 

Some people love the city life, to me that's a good thing because someone has to live there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know we were on the good side of the storm (west), and I know it turned away from us right before coming on land but this was a tiny storm and a complete dud for us. About 1'' of rain and very little wind, completely still most of the time, a little disappointing really, didn't want any damage but a little wind would have been nice. 

This storm gave hurricanes a bad name, even my wife who usually panics with these things was disappointed, she even said a little wind would have been nice.  

And I took down the hanging ferns and windchimes for this.:huh: 

After seeing the damage in Houston and Florida I would think saying Nate was a "dud" is a good thing? For me, when the forecasters (guessers) predict tornadoes in and around the area a dud is acceptable. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

You're right it is a good thing, it was just after watching it to see if we needed to come home it was disappointing, but in a good way.

If it would have continued straight over us as it was heading at one point plus increased to a 2 I would have had to convince the wife to even stay home.

So I'll take a dud every time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

What you said there would have been part of the problem if I lived in LA.  

It's the illusion of of living. 

Some people love the city life, to me that's a good thing because someone has to live there. 

never asked you ... where did you grow up?  I can understand a person that always lived in the mountains or country would not like the city. I’ve always lived either in the city or close to a big city. Currently, i’m the furthest away from a big city than i’ve ever lived before. It’s a three hour drive for me now. I’m not accustomed to not having all of the options that a city offers. 

I think my problem is that i like too many things. I like the mountains. I like the country. I like the city. I like solitude. I like the lights of the city. Problem is that want them all, so when i’m in the city, i miss the country; when i’m in the country, i miss the city. 

This experiment has taught me one thing though -- i prefer the country to the mountains. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

never asked you ... where did you grow up?  I can understand a person that always lived in the mountains or country would not like the city. I’ve always lived either in the city or close to a big city.

On the edge of New Orleans, they call it the 9th ward, we moved from there when I was 10 or 11. When I was around 10 we moved about 20 miles away to what was the country back then. 

What really changed me was about 25 years ago we moved out of a subdivision to 18 acres, being an adult it was really the first time out away from a city, and i like it. Never lived in or around mountains, but we have thought about it. 

• Like 1