Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

Going back to Ar kan saw tomorrow sometime, a little museum work and to pick up a present.

Hate to think about the ride, she drives I ride, she says I sightsee to much, so I sleep off and on. I can't help falling asleep I have seen every tree 20 times between home and Hope. :sleep:

how long of a drive is it?

i’m going on a little road trip tomorrow. A buddy from SoCal is going to be a 3 1/5 hour drive from me -- he’s purchasing a classic car and is picking it up.  He was going to detour to see me; but, i told him that it would be easier for me to meet him somewhere. It would be a HUGE detour for him and he’s pulling a trailer so this way he can avoid the (mostly) the mountains. I’ll only see him for a few hours -- we’ll have dinner and hang out for a while. He’s got a long drive the following day. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how long of a drive is it?

7 hours on the same roads I have been on probably 25+ times in the last couple of years. One of our daughters lived in Monroe La untill  a few months ago, 5 hours from here right on the same route to Hope. So between her and Hope that route got old, but the other end of the trip is always good.

Good for you Steve, get away and take a break with a friend, see people do want to go out of their way to see you ! 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have no doubt, I am beginning to wonder because there is nothing you don't know.

I don't care about thunder, it's really a little embarrassing, but at the same time hard to say no. Which I did at first and the answer was well I will chose for you, the no answer was not one of the choices.

Well since you always seem to know what's going on I have a question I doubt you could answer ! :o:P

I start reading somewhere here and decide to post something, so I sign in and when it signs me in it goes back 2-3 pages from where I was on the same thread almost every time. Now, bet you don't know that one........something on the computer is messed up I guess.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good for you Steve, get away and take a break with a friend, see people do want to go out of their way to see you ! 

get this ... i even have visitors coming on Sunday too.  They are heading back to California from Vancouver.  Seems that I’m more popular since I moved.  :o

• Like 4

Poured a jelly jar full of bourbon and recorded a compilation tape on the R2R.   Headed to the NC mountains for some leaf looking tomorrow with LF.  Jake is staying at LF's place with fenced in yard and a sitter.  Going to stay with sister and bro-in-law.  Taking a half gallon of Tullamore Dew as he likes a nip or two like me. 

Have fun Steve.  Who knows you may become a social butterfly after all:) 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Have fun Steve.  Who knows you may become a social butterfly after all

Thanks Chuck. At this age, not sure if it will ever come naturally for me. For the most part, i’ve learned to fake it when I’m around others. 

You have a safe trip. The leaves changing colors sure is a wonderful sight. Such bright colors! Much different than the neon lights that i’m used to seeing.

When i lived in Michigan, our street was bordered by these huge trees that formed a tunnel. This time of year, when the leaves were red, orange, and gold it was quite a beautiful sight. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I have no doubt, I am beginning to wonder because there is nothing you don't know.

I don't care about thunder, it's really a little embarrassing, but at the same time hard to say no. Which I did at first and the answer was well I will chose for you, the no answer was not one of the choices.

Well since you always seem to know what's going on I have a question I doubt you could answer ! :o:P

I start reading somewhere here and decide to post something, so I sign in and when it signs me in it goes back 2-3 pages from where I was on the same thread almost every time. Now, bet you don't know that one........something on the computer is messed up I guess.

I only know secrets.   I.T. is Chads thing.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

get this ... i even have visitors coming on Sunday too.  They are heading back to California from Vancouver.  Seems that I’m more popular since I moved.  :o

You don't say, how long have we been telling you you're not quite as abbynormal as you thought, I did say not quite. :o:D

• Like 3