Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, jason str said:

Not sure about the "TA"  term but the Trans Am used both the Pontiac and the Oldsmobile engines depending on how it was ordered and year it was made.

Were you asking about the size difference between the Olds & Pontiac 6.6 liter ? This i never measured.

The 1978 Trans Am had a badge on the hood scoop that read TA 6.6 ltr. The 1979 Trans Am said 6.6 ltr on the scoop. I was 16 at the time, but did drive both cars, and the 1978 was MUCH quicker. The 78 had a much better looking front end.

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hello friends.....................ok, since we are back to talking about cars and engines.........here is what my SHO sounds like on the dyno.  This one belongs to Paul, a member of the SHO club here in MA.  It sounds like NASCAR !, and, it is only 3.4 liters ! 

Sounds good Gary, a real sleeper!

• Like 2

Just watched a youtube video of a V8 engine swap into a Honda S2000.  The customer supplied a remanufactured LS1 engine and LHT Performance in Florida did the installation.  They are known for supercharging the S2000 and have done about 50 last count.  That much torque in a 2800 pound car would be a hoot. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just watched a youtube video of a V8 engine swap into a Honda S2000.  The customer supplied a remanufactured LS1 engine and LHT Performance in Florida did the installation.  They are known for supercharging the S2000 and have done about 50 last count.  That much torque in a 2800 pound car would be a hoot. 

what are you waiting for...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My Dad has a place just north of PCB. He would bring a huge cooler with 40 lbs of grouper back to Indiana every spring. We would have a family fish fry, that was the best

One of our favorites here(grouper). Yes PCB still billed as Worlds Most Beautiful Beaches. Lived there briefly awhile back. Nan and me like all the coastal haunts looking for seafood.ST. George, Cape San Blas Mexico Beach, Panacea...:emotion-21: We both need a beach vacation, as we used to recharge our battery.

• Like 2

Coffee? Check! Cables? Check!

If you look really close you can see the red marking for my new tone arm rewire. I'm typically an espresso only guy but if in the afternoon I go with a milk drink. I've been meaning to get in on this thread. Cocktails next!

Japanese wax while I sip.

IMG_20171018_154419293.thumb.jpg.6c8fab363dc105d6d59537c2694f8a31.jpg

• Like 4

So my nephew (my deceased sister's son) is coming to visit us next week on Monday. I have not seen him for 20 -21 years. Last time was at his wedding which he says was 1997. Then I lost touch with him for like 15 years(I know -- BAD uncle). I periodically would search for him on this here internet thingy and low and behold about 5 years ago I finally made contact. I kept urging him to come and visit and now its happening. Should be good times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Got a bunch of blues CDs from amazon today.  Four Keb Mo and Van Morrison (Roll With The Punches).  Morrison has returned more to his blues roots on this one.

Where be all those Texas boys, Carl, Luther, Oldtimer, drunkattorney?

At the post office trying to track down the toaster deliveries.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1