Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Saturday to all...

What a great weekend this is gonna be... weather wise...

Got a few friends coming over this evening for a back yard fire. But not just any fire..... a Disk Fire!!  That's right a Disk Fire... what is a disk fire you say???? I am proclaiming my self inventor of this "Disk Fire". It came too me a few weeks back when I built the 1st one. I got a small Oak tree taken down that was next to the house. The tree was dead big time... The tree guys left the wood for me. It had a maybe a 10" dia. at the base. So again not real big. 

So it just came to me... what if I cut the the logs into disks about two inches thick or so..... stack the disks into a circle for the base and just work my way up... making it smaller as I go up... like a cone shape. The inside of this cone is hollow so I filled up the inside with all the sawdust from the disks I cut up. I put some other wood inside also. Once complete I soaked the top with lighter fluid and set it on fire. It took alittle while for it to get going.... but once it did it burned great... as it burns the disks just fall into the center and burn. My friends that came over that night were quite impressed with this Disk Fire. 

I'll put some pics up later of the Disk Fire.... gotta get out and start cutting some disks.... the tree that i had taken down is gone. So last week I took the old Ford down the road next to the shop into the woods and cut down a few old dead trees. 

Later... 

MKP :-)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I'll put some pics up later of the Disk Fire.... gotta get out and start cutting some disks.... the tree that i had taken down is gone. So last week I took the old Ford down the road next to the shop into the woods and cut down a few old dead trees. 

Later... 

MKP

Yes would like to see that Mark. Got some burning to do here when just a little cooler...:emotion-21:

Enjoy the weather too...:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

17 hours ago, USNRET said:

Well some cables and cocktails
Spending the empty house time rebuilding the home network.
Ubiquiti gateway, 16 port switch, Cloud Key and access points. Learning is a good thing but I am slow. Terminating new cat6 cables to custom lengths is a PIA.
Darn good thing the wifey is at her Mom's for  month as this mess would not pass for more than a few minutes....might be days.

I spy a heresy being abused..

and not used and put in a corner .

No you do not

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

do you know what time it is ?

Coffee !

Why yes it is! Just back from a short 3day bike trip and will wait for a full pot in the morning. So I broke out the small Bialetti expresso maker for a couple small cups. Tastes pretty dadgum good! You enjoy now ----

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Why yes it is! Just back from a short 3day bike trip and will wait for a full pot in the morning. So I broke out the small Bialetti expresso maker for a couple small cups. Tastes pretty dadgum good! You enjoy now ----

I vintage nos stove top models...

a 12 cup and a single...

IMG_20171021_195256_hdr.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Very cool. Yep, mine is stove top model too, just like your small aluminum model. With the amount of Joe you consume you must keep those little guys very busy?! But probably just use for a quick brew like I do ---?

I have yet to use them....I found

the receipt for them ..dated back

to 69... with a bunch of other items...

my grandfather was a salesman..

sold Italian products and wares...

I also have the boxes for those too..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rplace said:

After a few cocktails during the UofM PSU game last night I need some coffee. Sadly, like Michigan's, loss this is the end of this bag. Hank Mobley on my cables.

IMG_20171022_075326.thumb.jpg.d6ed8ea2a29fbf92fff69b5b3343eba0.jpg

Fitting packaging for the season

IMG_20171022_075212.thumb.jpg.0703d3e3a15575cb05e58c03af2996c8.jpg

nice grinder with built in scale...

does it double as kief grinder..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, no scale just the standard Vario. What a difference a nice grinder makes. I do use a scale, not time, for espresso. Funny that a good grinder can cost more than a middle-of-the-road espresso machine.

Ha, @dirtmudd I had to look up kief. So no. You learn something new everyday so I guess I'm already done for today. I do use my old grinder for spices. Might need a 3rd now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rplace said:

Thanks, no scale just the standard Vario. What a difference a nice grinder makes. I do use a scale, not time, for espresso. Funny that a good grinder can cost more than a middle-of-the-roadVario espresso machine.

nice machine !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

Thanks, no scale just the standard Vario. What a difference a nice grinder makes. I do use a scale, not time, for espresso. Funny that a good grinder can cost more than a middle-of-the-roadVario espresso machine.

so it's not the w with the scale ?

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/baratza-vario-burr-grinder-with-metal-portaholder?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrbG9hZ2E1wIVhUCGCh2XdwIxEAQYAyABEgL90PD_BwE.  

https://clivecoffee.com/product/baratza-vario-w-coffee-grinder/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6rrh0piE1wIVRECGCh2u3QhMEAQYBCABEgIdMfD_BwE

• Like 2

Funny that you linked to the Sylvia comparison. Those are the two machines I had it narrowed down to. Could not swing the extra $$$ given I really wanted that grinder. I ended up modding the Gaggia by installing the Silvia steam wand. 

• Like 3