Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Monday morning to all my CC&C peeps. Yeah been awhile.... I do check in but The BOSS and I have had our hands full with......... STUFF.... We all have our stuff to deal with but just got a good bit of it now. The BOSS's mom past a few weeks ago.... Some of you guys know of what's been going on for the past few years. Not hear to bring anybody down..... We are doing ok.... The BOSS is doing what needs to be done and I am there for her. 

Anyway, just checking in....

Chuck I did want to say how sorry I am for your loss..... You have been in my prayers....

Wishing all a great day.....

MKP :-)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Good Monday morning to all my CC&C peeps. Yeah been awhile.... I do check in but The BOSS and I have had our hands full with......... STUFF.... We all have our stuff to deal with but just got a good bit of it now. The BOSS's mom past a few weeks ago.... Some of you guys know of what's been going on for the past few years. Not hear to bring anybody down..... We are doing ok.... The BOSS is doing what needs to be done and I am there for her. 

Chuck I did want to say how sorry I am for your loss..... You have been in my prayers....

sorry for your loss Mark...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, billybob said:

Good afternoon :emotion-44:

LaScala are keepers Steve.

Will never forget Mardi Gras 71 and 72.

The stories I could tell but may have already.

Mobile, Al. had and may still have their celebration.(A trip)

Hoping the 6 weeks of winter still applies here.

Nice looking peppers.

I' would drink it Dave.

Purple azaleas are starting to bloom.

Hope all are well.:emotion-21:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Sorry to hear this Mark and family. Daughter and all had to have made a very large difference in the dear one's life. Thank You!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys I have a quick question and since everyone is here I thought I would ask.

A few days ago I comments on YouTube videos that have a tone of a certain frequency that I used to check how much I had lost.  And then Iater thought I would check the low end, and I could not hear anything.  I was starting to get worried, when I sat up and smacked myself in the head. I was listening on my computer.  Of course I could not hear 30 Hz. We have Amazon Smart TV, so I have YouTube on the TV, and I checked the tones with it.  I lost hearing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Hz, but that was not the fun part.  When I played, 20, 18, 16, 15 and 12, I could feel but hear it.  The funny thing is that when I played 16 Hz for some reason, everything in the room rattled and shook.  

Did not know if everyone has done this, but for me it was a blast.  I went down to 12 Hz and was still getting vibrations but not sure if that was real.  OK, back to what you were doing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Hey guys I have a quick question and since everyone is here I thought I would ask.

A few days ago I comments on YouTube videos that have a tone of a certain frequency that I used to check how much I had lost.  And then Iater thought I would check the low end, and I could not hear anything.  I was starting to get worried, when I sat up and smacked myself in the head. I was listening on my computer.  Of course I could not hear 30 Hz. We have Amazon Smart TV, so I have YouTube on the TV, and I checked the tones with it.  I lost hearing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Hz, but that was not the fun part.  When I played, 20, 18, 16, 15 and 12, I could feel but hear it.  The funny thing is that when I played 16 Hz for some reason, everything in the room rattled and shook.  

Did not know if everyone has done this, but for me it was a blast.  I went down to 12 Hz and was still getting vibrations but not sure if that was real.  OK, back to what you were doing.

Dude, whatever you are smoking, please keep it.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

We have Amazon Smart TV, so I have YouTube on the TV, and I checked the tones with it.  I lost hearing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Hz, but that was not the fun part.  When I played, 20, 18, 16, 15 and 12, I could feel but hear it.  The funny thing is that when I played 16 Hz for some reason, everything in the room rattled and shook.  

Simple, some low frequencies can not be heard only felt. And no matter how good your TV is it will not produce low frequencies like you talking about.
Slow down and take a breath your NOT DEAF you just don't know how some things work, it's part of the sub deal, and why you don't want it going as high as you originally wanted for some silly reason ?

You are funny, I really doubt you have hearing loss at 30 Hz, it's more like your TV can't reproduce it :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, dtel said:

You are funny, I really doubt you have hearing loss at 30 Hz, it's more like your TV can't reproduce it :lol:

No you don't get it. I was trying to get 30 Hz out of my laptop speaker.  One I ran it through the system everything was fine.  But then I played a 20 Hz sine wave and my subwoofer made the place shake but I could not hear it. It was just fun that have the subwoofer that low in isolation so it was the only thing going.  And I am not smoking anything at the moment.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

No seriously, have you ever felt pure 16 Hz bass? At least give it a try. How would you recognize it if you did not try?

Yes anyone who has ever had a decent sub knows.

It's always funny when people start finding out about this hobby and are surprised by things that are common knowledge.

Stick around and you will see it for yourself, new people  hear something for the first time and post about how shocked they are.

11 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

No you don't get it. I was trying to get 30 Hz out of my laptop speaker.  One I ran it through the system everything was fine.  But then I played a 20 Hz sine wave and my subwoofer made the place shake but I could not hear it. It was just fun that have the subwoofer that low in isolation so it was the only thing going.  And I am not smoking anything at the moment.

Your first line says the problem, your laptop speaker can not possibly play 30Hz or enough to even count. The rest of what you said is perfectly normal.

It can pass the frequencies to a stereo but not reproduce them itself. Part of why little tiny speakers like bose cubes suck so bad, it's like a TV or computer speaker trying to do what a real normal size driver can do.

Pretty cool what real speakers can do.

• Like 3

• Moderators

This is kind of what I was referring to the other day about your computer may not reproduce really high frequencies so don't use that as a hearing test, it could be the speaker not your ears. The laptop surely can not reproduce real bass. Even a good house speaker can not go real deep, it's why you need a sub to make up for that, with how much energy it takes to reproduce deep bass.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1