Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Lol, sounds like funtime to me. Sounds like you were the soundman :emotion-21: Some of the best music have heard was RTR...somebody was a DJ then playing 2 turntables at party.

Yes sound man, for weeks before the wedding my friend getting married would come over at night and we would record what he wanted on the RTR for the wedding.

I have to say the only thing I have ever heard that was even close to vinyl was a LP recorded to a RTR. I gave away that Akai and all the reels to a relative many years later because it was never used anymore, along with the Sansui. I could kick myself now for doing that. :angry2: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes sound man, for weeks before the wedding my friend getting married would come over at night and we would record what he wanted on the RTR for the wedding.

I have to say the only thing I have ever heard that was even close to vinyl was a LP recorded to a RTR. I gave away that Akai and all the reels to a relative many years later because it was never used anymore, along with the Sansui. I could kick myself now for doing that. :angry2: 

Lol, yes that Sansui was a keeper alright...:lol: Live and learn. Got a H/K TD-202 cassete player that is sounding pretty nice at the moment. Now to find where I put a lot of the cassettes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

That's OK I believe you, back then I did a little DJ stuff, mostly friends wedding or parties. I met my wife at my best friends wedding, she was his cousin and he introduced us. He is dead now, no I didn't kill him for doing that. :o:lol:

But when you playing music back then you had to have all the disco type music, it's what they all asked for. I hauled around milk crates full of LP's, disco and rock, 2 turntables a pair of Cornwall replicas, a RTR and a Sansui 8080. I would play vinyl and when I wanted to take a break and go get a drink I would let the RTR play, it was fun, you would be surprised how big of a place filled with people some Cornwall's could fill, and sound good.

This was 40 years ago when we met, I couldn't do that anymore I refuse to buy play or listen to rap and I know some would want to hear it. Plus now you would be expected to talk, back then you just played music.

Eldon,

We must compare notes some day. I did similar DJ duty in mid-70s with two turntables and four Klipschorn replicas (Speakerlab), but I didn’t meet Christy, nor did I meet my wife.  My only souvenir of those DJ days is a loss of high frequency hearing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Any time is a cool time to live there.  I just hated traffic during any of the race/bike/speed weeks.

Yes traffic was a hassle at times like that and the 500/400 races I attended over the years. Was my go to place for events/vacations. Last 400 in 85 had motel to avoid traffic. Petty's last win...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes traffic was a hassle at times like that and the 500/400 races I attended over the years. Was my go to place for events/vacations. Last 400 in 85 had motel to avoid traffic. Petty's last win...

I lived in Daytona from 64 to 68 and then again from 76 to 78.  It's unbelievable how much the city has grown and changed over the years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I lived in Daytona from 64 to 68 and then again from 76 to 78.  It's unbelievable how much the city has grown and changed over the years.

My earliest and later memories are back then, you could drive along the beach. That was fun but, some got stuck.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

That would have been a cool time to live there. Called it a Disco but maybe not correct. Had a ball though. lol...

But was it a disco ball ?:)

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

My only souvenir of those DJ days is a loss of high frequency hearing.

I surely did not have 4 Khorn replicas, that would have cool. An yes I probably left some hearing back then I am sure.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
5 hours ago, babadono said:

Uh....OK:)

Year before last someone had a small laser display that they ran outside while the 600s were playing.

Uh that was me, :blush: the guy doing the sound was supposed to bring lights but never so we used the laser thing and two little spinning lights Rodney had.

It's this one

laser.jpg

7 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

ash Wednesday....Gia received

her ashes for the first time....

told her I could do the same thing..

by rubbing my finger across the exhaust ....on the snowblower.....

she told me no....I want too go to 

church....to get my ashes

IMG_20180214_191006.jpg

Good for you Gia...

• Like 1