Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, dtel said:

I know, it's what held me back. :mellow:

Always wanted one :huh:, I do have a 4 color laser light projector and a smoke machine but no disco ball :(:o My son in law had them and gave them to me, kind of wild looking. I should bring it to Hope for when the bands play.

you have to pull up with your bus...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Further_(bus)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

But was it a disco ball ?:)

I surely did not have 4 Khorn replicas, that would have cool. An yes I probably left some hearing back then I am sure.

I was closer to @dtel setup than Diz, I had the same, two turntables and a RTR with Cornwall knockoff (they were Speakerlab  7's).  It was late 70's and disco was still big (ughhh) No mirror ball or smoke machine though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I was closer to @dtel setup than Diz, I had the same, two turntables and a RTR with Cornwall knockoff (they were Speakerlab  7's).  It was late 70's and disco was still big (ughhh) No mirror ball or smoke machine though.

@MookieStl would love to see you in Hope, AR in May. Well, would love to see all of you in Hope, AR this year in May. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

That's OK I believe you, back then I did a little DJ stuff, mostly friends wedding or parties. I met my wife at my best friends wedding, she was his cousin and he introduced us. He is dead now, no I didn't kill him for doing that. :o:lol:

But when you playing music back then you had to have all the disco type music, it's what they all asked for. I hauled around milk crates full of LP's, disco and rock, 2 turntables a pair of Cornwall replicas, a RTR and a Sansui 8080. I would play vinyl and when I wanted to take a break and go get a drink I would let the RTR play, it was fun, you would be surprised how big of a place filled with people some Cornwall's could fill, and sound good.

This was 40 years ago when we met, I couldn't do that anymore I refuse to buy play or listen to rap and I know some would want to hear it. Plus now you would be expected to talk, back then you just played music.

20 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

There's a destination a little up the road
From the habitations and the towns we know
A place we saw the lights turn low
Jig-saw jazz and the get-fresh flow

Pulling out jives and jamboree handouts
Two turntables and a microphone
Bottles and cans and just clap your hands and just clap your hands

Where it's at
I got two turntables and a microphone
Where it's at
Where it's at
Where it's at

Take me home in my elevator bones!
That was a good drum break

Pick yourself up off the side of the road
With your elevator bones and your whip-flash tones
Members only, hyponotizers
Move through the room like ambulance drivers
Shine your shoes with your microphone blues
Hirsutes with your parachute flutes
Passing the dutchie from coast to coast
Let the man DTEL or MOOKIESTL rock the most

Where it's at
Where it's at

What about those who swing both ways: AC-DC's

Where it's at
Where it's at

Oh, dear me. Make Out City is a two-horse town
That's beautiful, Dad
Get my microphone

There's a destination a little up the road
From the habitations and the towns we know
A place we saw the lights turn low
Jig-saw jazz and the get-fresh flow
Pulling out jives and jamboree handouts
Bottles and cans and just clap your hands and just clap your hands

Where it's at
Where it's at

I got plastic on my mind
Telephone plastic baby

• Like 4

I had a mic, but I didn’t use it much.  The music was non-stop as the songs overlapped.  The kids would use the mic more than I did.

Rather than RTR, I used a Sony TC 161-SD cassette deck.  It was seldom used, but essentially each night ended with Stairway To Heaven while the turntables were packed up.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

I'm not sure but I don't think it's quite the same. 

all I have to do ....is hold my hands

up in the air...and make the sign of the cross.....

and ask for money.....

I am not going to pretend to be religious and say anything, with my record I am afraid a lightning bolt will come through the computer screen and toast me if I did that.

you have to pull up with your bus...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Further_(bus)

I wish, looks cool to me.

40 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

No mirror ball or smoke machine though.

That didn't come until a couple of years ago :blush:

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

No microphone back then, but some killer sunglasses!

That's funny

23 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

read the modified lyrics...

Let the man DTEL or MOOKIESTL rock the most

I didn't read down far enough to see that, your just not right, guess that's why you fit in. :)

14 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I had a mic, but I didn’t use it much.  

I did not have a mic, my knees start to shake if I have to use one. I found this out when out of nowhere I was once asked to make a speech at a wedding, not fun.

• Like 1

Good morning all! Been a few pages. This thread gets some heavy use. Coffee this morning but tomorrow morning at 11 AM beer for breakfast.

Anyone like Belgian beers?  They are my favorite, so much history and innovation. And no Blue Moon does not count! If interested check out the literally 100s of drafts and bottles for this 3-day event. http://maxs.com/ scroll down to "Event: Max's 14th Annual Belgian Beer Fest" and make sure you expand the list. Way too many to copy and paste here unless I was Mike @dirtmudd :P

They have a web cam, look for me tomorrow....I'll be the one with the glass in my hand.:emotion-22:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

morning guys.  I don't often check in here , just ... because.  hope everyone is getting their day going & beginning well.

I'm traveling for work for a couple days, so I "get" to enjoy the hotel life one more time doing this gig I do.

so how often do you hear really good, or cool music on the system in a public place?  I've been up for an hr +.  I walk down to the lobby for another cup as I begin to get ready & head out.

so I walk out the door of my room, I immediately recognize Bowie's "Let's Dance" !  I wish I was in charge of the music - I'd be waking EVERYBODY up with that stuff!  nice.  gives me something to bob my head to while I shower & whatnot.

I like it.  you folks enjoy.  have a great day today.  I guess I gotta get going.  I know there are things I should be doing   :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1