Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Happy Saturday all.  I'm spending the weekend at my daughter's helping my son in law birth another Cinema F-20.  Took the day off of work to see how far we can get on this project.  I'm just cutting panels now and will check in later.

20180216_152823.jpg

While you're at it make 1 or 2 for me:) Do they live across the international date line?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

MMMM....the Cherohala Skyway, Hwy129 (Tail of the Dragon) Hwy28.....that car was made for those roads.

Ceptor- if you haven't had the opportunity you really need to spend several days riding in Arkansas. I've ridden all the above, Texas Hill country, Colorado Rockies, Black Hills, etc. and the roads in AR are every bit as satisfying as any of those. Every bit. And in some cases better overall. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

@CECAA850 nice saw. The other day an interior trim carpenter had a Festool mitre saw and a fancy Festool stand. I asked him if I could cut a piece of trim with it. That thing was smooth. I didn't ask how much. Good luck on the speaker build.

Thanks.  Son in law always wondered why Festool was so expensive as he does some wood working as well.  After about 20 minutes he said "you get what you pay for" lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Ceptor- if you haven't had the opportunity you really need to spend several days riding in Arkansas. I've ridden all the above, Texas Hill country, Colorado Rockies, Black Hills, etc. and the roads in AR are every bit as satisfying as any of those. Every bit. And in some cases better overall. 

I would love to try some of those. I have ridden Kentucky and Tennessee quite a bit, both beautiful states. The older I get, the more I'm thinking about a sport touring style bike. I can't quite get into the adventure style though. I believe you have a BMW that would work nicely!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I would love to try some of those. I have ridden Kentucky and Tennessee quite a bit, both beautiful states. The older I get, the more I'm thinking about a sport touring style bike. I can't quite get into the adventure style though. I believe you have a BMW that would work nicely!

Yes I do. A great bike for two-up riding. They call it a touring bike but in reality it's a large sport bike, sport touring  if you will. But what's really needed for shredding AR23, AR7, AR21, etc. you already own. You will have a ball on the RC. For years I had read how great the ride in Texas Hill country west of Austin. After a 700 mile ride getting there and a couple days of riding a few of the popular roads I came away disappointed. I can be to AR in about 4 hours and far superior riding. But the Hill country can now be - "been there, done that". 

One day you need to get to Hope with bike in tow. We then need to head N, where the roads are. Hope is kinda in no mans land and the topography flattens out the further S you go. Keep Hot Springs as your southern most point for riding.

• Like 3

an Olympics moment

I don't recall whether it was a skiing or skating event. The commentators were saying of a particular contestant, "They are very good, but, they fall down a lot"

dumb question

In the figure skating events, what happens to the flowers that are thrown, after the girls in pink dresses, collect them up?

I was guessing they went back to the vendors to be resold and thrown again

• Like 2

17 hours ago, richieb said:

Yes I do. A great bike for two-up riding. They call it a touring bike but in reality it's a large sport bike, sport touring  if you will. But what's really needed for shredding AR23, AR7, AR21, etc. you already own. You will have a ball on the RC. For years I had read how great the ride in Texas Hill country west of Austin. After a 700 mile ride getting there and a couple days of riding a few of the popular roads I came away disappointed. I can be to AR in about 4 hours and far superior riding. But the Hill country can now be - "been there, done that". 

One day you need to get to Hope with bike in tow. We then need to head N, where the roads are. Hope is kinda in no mans land and the topography flattens out the further S you go. Keep Hot Springs as your southern most point for riding.

I was in the Austin area for a couple weeks last year, I didn't see or hear anything about nice bike riding areas. It looked like all of Texas was flat. 

I'd love to ride some different areas. 

• Like 2