Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You don't have "the touch"?

Our granddaughter won't touch her food until I have "fixed" it. I don't know why. 

Still trying to figure her out.  She fights everyone but me.  I mean screaming fight you. I ask/tell her to do something ... done. No problem   ?????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Our granddaughter won't touch her food until I have "fixed" it. I don't know why. 

Still trying to figure her out.  She fights everyone but me.  I mean screaming fight you. I ask/tell her to do something ... done. No problem   ?????

there's issues that are going on...

but it has nothing to do with me..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Big difference.  Thought she was younger.

Looks like I will be making a grand tour in Sept. Tucson to Michiana. Elkhart to NC and return. Might be able to do some shopping/buying along the way. 

going to visit your sister ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Sounds like you have the touch.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Big difference.  Thought she was younger.

Looks like I will be making a grand tour in Sept. Tucson to Michiana. Elkhart to NC and return. Might be able to do some shopping/buying along the way. 

Are you driving for this trip? Awesome time of the year for a drive, especially in the midwest when the leaves are changing.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Carl, why not just veneer over the screws? The glue is strong enough to hold it all together? What size driver and amp?

Oops, sorry, I just saw this.

Son in law will be doing the veneering and finishing the project up.  I just wanted to get the box built for him.  We didn't recess the screw heads so veneering over them wouldn't work.  Even if we had recessed them they would still have to be filled so that it would be flat under the veneer.  The box uses a 15" Dayton driver and he'll use a 500 watt plate amp in a separate box.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Oops, sorry, I just saw this.

Son in law will be doing the veneering and finishing the project up.  I just wanted to get the box built for him.  We didn't recess the screw heads so veneering over them wouldn't work.  Even if we had recessed them they would still have to be filled so that it would be flat under the veneer.  The box uses a 15" Dayton driver and he'll use a 500 watt plate amp in a separate box.

That box must be bigger than I thought, the hole looks more like a 12" driver size. I would like to hear one of these sometimes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That box must be bigger than I thought, the hole looks more like a 12" driver size. I would like to hear one of these sometimes.

It's about 5 ft tall and a little over a ft and a half wide.  You'll need just over 2 sheets of plywood (4'x8') to build one.  My son in law was in awe over how big it was but I couldn't help but think how small it looked compared to the Lil Wrecker I built.  The F-20 is 20 cu ft and the Lil Wrecker is about 29 cu ft and 6' tall.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

very nice work

Thanks.  Between my track saw and son in laws table saw, everything fit together perfectly.  When we had all the baffles in place, you could put a straight edge across every one and not see daylight under any of them.

• Like 4

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It's about 5 ft tall and a little over a ft and a half wide.  You'll need just over 2 sheets of plywood (4'x8') to build one.  My son in law was in awe over how big it was but I couldn't help but think how small it looked compared to the Lil Wrecker I built.  The F-20 is 20 cu ft and the Lil Wrecker is about 29 cu ft and 6' tall.

Good looking work.

So it's your 3rd to build like that but your son in law's 1st F20, If he impressed with the size wait until he hears it. :lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

morning coffee...with sponge Bob..

and Gia being miserable....

throwing things around....

and the only comment from her....

hmm...hmmmmm. hmm...

just asked her what's wrong....

all I get is hmm hmmm and a pouty

face..

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Nothing personal they are just training for later when they get married. :huh::lol::ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Correct.  Dave Mallette has one and Michael Ray has the other.

Bet he is excited, I think  I would have to try it out and make it pretty later.

One good thing his wife can't really complain about how big it is or where it's going, look who helped make it happen! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2