Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

looks like it's been quiet around here. 

Friends in from out of town and have been busy doing nothing, and listening to music since it hot outside. 

• Like 5

• Moderators

Leaving next weekend for a friends wedding in Texas for 2 days. Back home for 1.5 days then leave for Florida for about a week, home for a few days and off to Hope to work on the museum.

I will miss being home, :sad: but all three will be fun . 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

No internet last 10 hours.  Tech came out and ran a new line but now you can't change channels on the remote🙄

It might be tough to get up . And 

change the channel yourself..

might spill your drink

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

That doesn't work either I'm afraid.  Technology can be a pain in the butt when it's acting up.

Very true about technology, and it seems more and more things need it.  In another 5 years if the wifi or internet service goes down at home you won't even be able to use the toilet or turn a light on. :sad:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Very true about technology, and it seems more and more things need it.  In another 5 years if the wifi or internet service goes down at home you won't even be able to use the toilet or turn a light on. :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

needs a toilet paper holder on the side.

I went to Tucson ... threw the big marble around. After bowling four games, I was still able to walk to the car.  I may not say that tomorrow. I expect my right butt cheek to be sore and my left hand stiff.

It still a bit warm out. Made 108` in Tucson... ~102` here.  It's down to 85`.  I watered the lawn ... it's nice/r out there. No mozzies, yet.

technology has gotten crazy. Washing machines that you can turn on via your eye-phone... refrigerators that you tap the door and it shows you what you still need to open the door the properly see, and , Hey VW has mood lighting in the Jetta. I can rant for a good/long on this. Cars that email you when maintenance is due. That position is filled, I have a wife to nag me...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

OK I'm full, cooked some Catfish, Shrimp, fries, oysters and Soft Shell crabs tonight, it was good. 5 pounds of fish the same amount of shrimp, one quart of oysters and 10 crabs. had 2 cast iron pots going, 2 bags of fries. 

Got a pic before it was gone, everyone seemed to like it.  Got a pic as the last 3 crabs were almost done, and the rest was mostly gone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Mega millions jackpot $500 million

Even I will buy a ticket.  It’s a relatively harmless vice; less expensive than a pack of cigarettes, and much healthier.  I know the long odds, but we all beat those odds at conception.

Someone will win eventually.  I sure hope it’s not me.  My wife would probably take her half and drop me like a hot rock. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Even I will buy a ticket.  It’s a relatively harmless vice; less expensive than a pack of cigarettes, and much healthier.  I know the long odds, but we all beat those odds at conception.

Someone will win eventually.  I sure hope it’s not me.  My wife would probably take her half and drop me like a hot rock. 😉

Thank God for small favors.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

That might be a good thing .

it depends on how you look at it ..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Back on topic, COFFEE.  As part of a kitchen remodel, the wife wants to get rid of our BUNN BXB Velocity Brew.  She feels it wastes coffee and is too hard to predictably make coffee that’s not too strong or too weak.  Being married to Goldilocks is not easy.  FWIW, we both like it black and strong.

Any suggestions regarding a replacement?  Anyone want the BUNN?  If so, it can be yours for the cost of shipping.

2FB0040F-6961-44F2-A276-043DED590C5F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1