Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good news, at the rate I drink coffee I should never have a problem. Cigarettes are another subject I don't want to talk about trying to quit. :mellow:

Cigarettes "Suck Pond Water"  "a term I heard from someone a long time ago....Sucks Pond Water is another way of saying No ******* Chit"

Started when I was 13, I'm 54, I've tried quitting quite a few times...

I've always found my way back to the damn things....

For you Non-Smokers, you will never know, "Keep It That Way"

For the Folks that have busted this horrible habit...."Keep It That Way"

For the rest of us....."Think Control"  What or Who has it???"

• Like 5

• Moderators

It's a little rare to find a good online company, usually I am happy if they ship and what arrives is what I ordered.  

Just wanted to say the online company Sweetwater operates as I would want it if I owned it.

It's a company out of Indiana who sells about anything you could want as a musician or DJ or anything to do with sound.  I had to order something and they had the same price as everybody plus a better warranty and free shipping, 2 year warranty on almost everything they sell. They ship fast and even sent an email a few day's later and even called after that to make sure everything was shipped without damage and we were happy with what we ordered. I have never see a company do all of this to make sure the customer is happy, it's a nice change. 

http://www.sweetwater.com/

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Cigarettes "Suck Pond Water"  "a term I heard from someone a long time ago....Sucks Pond Water is another way of saying No ******* Chit"

Started when I was 13, I'm 54, I've tried quitting quite a few times...

I've always found my way back to the damn things....

For you Non-Smokers, you will never know, "Keep It That Way"

For the Folks that have busted this horrible habit...."Keep It That Way"

For the rest of us....."Think Control"  What or Who has it???"

Steve, both my BIL and SIL quit smoking after smoking for 30 years by using Chantix. My SIL had some freaky weird dreams but my BIL had no ill effects. Both have now been smoke free for about eight years. Might be worth a try!

Tim

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, teaman said:

Steve, both my BIL and SIL quit smoking after smoking for 30 years by using Chantix. My SIL had some freaky weird dreams but my BIL had no ill effects. Both have now been smoke free for about eight years. Might be worth a try!

Tim

Thanks My Friend....I've done Chantix....It worked the first time I took it .... I stopped for about 3 years, and this is not an excuse for starting back up, but I went through a divorce....

The second time I used Chantix, Didn't work.....

• Like 4

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Cigarettes "Suck Pond Water

Very true

I switched to a e cigarette but still cheat, at least I cut back alot, your right it sucks. I did quit once for months and at a party was drinking and bummed one from someone, it was like I never quit, I was right back. :emotion-45:

I love when people try to explain to me that it's bad for me, no sheet, how stupid would you have to be to not know that ? Next time I should look surprised and just say your kidding right, are you sure ?  I have never a problem with being addicted to anything (excluding women and fun) but smoking is a very serious addiction.

• Like 5

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, teaman said:

Steve, both my BIL and SIL quit smoking after smoking for 30 years by using Chantix.

I have heard that it works, but have heard some horror stories that made smoking sound like an easy choice. One story was from someone I completely trust, he also said it gave him bad dreams and even worse mad him think crazy things while awake, like wanting to cause serious harm to people close to him, really bad............but he did quit smoking and did not have to go to prison. :o 

• Like 4

Cooling as I type. 90 degrees electronic dry bulb temp 3' from outside unit with 67 degrees at bedroom register. Tech not satisfied with return line temp and will return in a couple of days to see how it equalizes. I can't speak highly enough about how these guys went about their business for 7 hours in the attic and in spotty showers; they cleaned up a lot of original builder's contractor junk, hours sealing air leaks.

Hint I was given: turn off outside unit (pull the disconnect) while weed eating / mowing nearby so debris is not sucked into condenser coil.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

Very true

I switched to a e cigarette but still cheat, at least I cut back alot, your right it sucks. I did quit once for months and at a party was drinking and bummed one from someone, it was like I never quit, I was right back. :emotion-45:

I love when people try to explain to me that it's bad for me, no sheet, how stupid would you have to be to not know that ? Next time I should look surprised and just say your kidding right, are you sure ?  I have never a problem with being addicted to anything (excluding women and fun) but smoking is a very serious addiction.

dtel...Absolutely I get what you are saying,,,,

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have heard that it works, but have heard some horror stories that made smoking sound like an easy choice. One story was from someone I completely trust, he also said it gave him bad dreams and even worse mad him think crazy things while awake, like wanting to cause serious harm to people close to him, really bad............but he did quit smoking and did not have to go to prison. :o 

I left the weird Chantix experience out....

Lets just say this....I've done a lot of Chit....

Chantix is a trip no one whats to go down....I'm a "don't kill kinda person"

The Dreams with Chantix "for me" will make that differ....

• Like 5

• Moderators
5 hours ago, USNRET said:

Cooling as I type. 90 degrees electronic dry bulb temp 3' from outside unit with 67 degrees at bedroom register. Tech not satisfied with return line temp and will return in a couple of days to see how it equalizes. I can't speak highly enough about how these guys went about their business for 7 hours in the attic and in spotty showers; they cleaned up a lot of original builder's contractor junk, hours sealing air leaks.

Really glad to hear this, you have had a string of bad luck, hope this ends all of that :pwk_bs:

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

i still smoke; but, only when i’m on fire.

That's about the only good reason.

Reminds me of an old joke. One lady asked another, do you smoke after sex, the surprised friend said, I never looked ! :huh:

• Like 5

Good Sunday morning everyone :emotion-44:

Just went through all the postings (last 25!)  I see smoking / coffee and tea topics etc.

dtel, who is your 'Sales Tech' ?   Both of my latest Hammond Organs came from them...   I have spend some good coin in keyboards and accessories with them and have been very happy...........I especially like the Smarties and Red Hots they through into the box :lol:

Lots to do today, get ready for our trip....!

I'll check in later..

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hey there Pete, and since you asked, YES, Chris and I have been to Biltmore!   We go down to N.C. every year about this time, and in fact, are leaving Monday, on the road at 4am, and drive straight through (about 13.5 hours if no construction).   Did you note the wine tasting at the estate ??   OR, the performance stage?   We STILL have some wines from the boutique and Bruce Hornsby was the performing artist.  What a scene..

Hope you have a great trip!  Denise doesn't really drink but we did the wine tasting while we were there and there was a nice Riesling and one other one that I really liked, but there's no evidence left that I purchased a bottle.:o  The day that we were there, Rick Springfield was performing that night with Night Ranger and the Romantics, but I had no desire to see it, now Bruce Hornsby, I would have for sure.  Planning another trip down around Christmas and would like to spend a couple of days on the property to explore things a lot more in depth. 

Time for the next 20 oz cup of DD 

• Like 5