Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Its the little things that keep us smiling :) found a 55 gallon steel drum and set it up as a burn barrel today, first small burn proved productive plenty of air intake with the 6 X 1/2" holes around the bottom, I can even toss some wood in it and cook some dogs or burgers as my Webber grill grate fits perfectly inside the barrel

Gotta drill 4 holes for some 1/8" X 1" bolts to set the grate on....................Getting Dark out now so tomorrow is another day

You can easily turn it into an ugly drum smoker. Yoh just need a lid and a charcoal basket.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 6

Good evening my friends!   Just finished reading through 3 back pages of the forum........WOW, all kinds of subjects are covered...

Colons OH MY!!:  Had my first inspection 6 years or so ago......nothing found, so every 10 years for this guy.  

All around Steve, it was a pleasant experience outside of the prep for it, which I started a day earlier then required...   :) 

Chuck, I am here, just very busy with our work of tuning organs for the Christmas concert season....   ALSO, as Steve said, working on music for our last two Christmas shows of this year.  Only thing is,  my fellow keyboardist who was doing such an excellent job just quit !!  So, we have contacted another keyboardist but he will not be ready to work with us until January, so, the next two shows, I will be the ONLY keyboardist, and our percussionist will be away as well, so we are down to seven players (our of nine)!   Well, we shall get through it..

At any rate, Chris and I will be attending our usual dinner with friends for the holiday......the group is down in numbers this year to only 16 persons. It has been as high as 26 !

Chris special ordered a large bowl of root veggie salad from Whole Foods and that will be our dish to add to the feast...   I will have my iPad and will take photos once again this year and send them along as it happens....   As usual, it always ends with a PIANO concert by our hosts and some of the guest faculty from YALE !!  (yeah, it is always a big who's who of music professors from various colleges!) 

Enjoy your evening and I will catch up with you during Thanksgiving day  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-21:

...........Gary

• Like 8

• Moderators
You can easily turn it into an ugly drum smoker.

Made one for a nephew, works great, yes used Thesmokering.com for ideas. Also used that site to build 2 smokers and there pit calculator works great. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Elden, you’re a man of many talents...i’m not so skilled.  I did build a fence, refinish hard wood floors, and cut a huge opening in a wall--those jobs turned out well. The tile walkway not so easy--didn’t turn out horrible; but not as nice as i wanted.  i think i’m best at paying others to do things for me.

• Like 6

Morning gang

Turkey day has arrived.

Iv exhausted my supply of Snickerdoodles, however i do not believe i should be asking

the wife for another batch anytime soon.

33 and bone dry.

Coffee should be done, and likely the only thing that gets done today.

< :emotion-44::emotion-46::emotion-44: >

The Duggans is waiting.........

post-57941-0-25740000-1448546020_thumb.j

• Like 5

Its the little things that keep us smiling :) found a 55 gallon steel drum and set it up as a burn barrel today, first small burn proved productive plenty of air intake with the 6 X 1/2" holes around the bottom, I can even toss some wood in it and cook some dogs or burgers as my Webber grill grate fits perfectly inside the barrel

Gotta drill 4 holes for some 1/8" X 1" bolts to set the grate on....................Getting Dark out now so tomorrow is another day

You can easily turn it into an ugly drum smoker. Yoh just need a lid and a charcoal basket.

Built 1 last year and had to leave it when moved to NC, But as it happens my Webber Kettle lid fits the drum perfectly  :D  I found last year using charcoal as the main means of heat got rather expensive.  I looked at an alternative heat source like hot plates etc... but found the ones made today wont maintain a temp.  They make burners expressly for electric smokers but I have not got 1 to test out yet,  I thought about using mainly wood with only enough coal to start the burn process but thought that would be to much smoke................I will be playing around with it some more I am sure. Meantime the webber kettle does a great job smoking  using the snake method  :D

• Like 6

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here on CC&C  ^_^

Chuck, very nice plated presentation for Jake there, but it looks like that didn't matter for long  :) ...

Ok, just lounging around here in my robe, but will be snapping into action soon for the travel to our friend's home for the big dinner/get together/music festival............oh, and wine, wine, and MORE wine  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-19:  (Chris is driving, oh but wait, I got to go back to worker bee mode tomorrow for one more day..........sigh..... :wacko2: ......)

........Gary

PS.  Again, I will upload some photos from the dinner.....         .........later

• Like 6

Happy Turkey friends.

Jake ... Baxter woofs greetings and is jealous of your feast. Sez he'll try to top it.

We have a mob coming. About 10 people and a standard poodle. (The poodle should stay home but what the hell ... it's going home eventually). Will crank up the HT with football in our lower level so there's a place to bail out.

Gonna get the smoker cranked up in a bit and do about 2 hours of pecan smoke on the bird before I hand it off to Better Half Unit to finish in the oven. It's just a ***** to smoke a 20 plus lb bird to finish at our altitude in cold temps and not gonna go there this year. (We have snow on the ground and more on the way).

Blessings to all.

• Like 5

Morning my coffee buds....

A happy turkey day to ya all......

A quick post to say hey.....cuz the wife will have me doing all kinds of chitt today...

Got a few coming over today...

Should be in the 60's this afternoon...

Chuck that looked like a fine meal for Jake and I think I would need a bed after that...

OK gang gotta help the wife...a good day to all...I'll check-in later..

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Happy Thanksgiving friends.  Not much going on here, heading to the in-laws for turkey dinner, then to moms for pie.  One of my good friends is in town, so we might meat up for drinks later this evening.  No work for me tomorrow, I am quit spoiled at my job.   Chuck, Jake looks comfy on that bed on patio.  If the weather was nice here, I would get drunk and pass out on a bed like that on the patio, of course not by choice.  

Have a good one folks.

• Like 5

70 degrees here.  Back from a nice bike ride with the LF.  A beautiful day :) Figured with a long ride I could eat a little more later :wacko:

Jake still recuperating :mellow: Little does he know that his later feeding is steak again.  Think I want to come back as Tarheel's dog :P

• Like 8

70 degrees here.  Back from a nice bike ride with the LF.  A beautiful day :) Figured with a long ride I could eat a little more later :wacko:

Jake still recuperating :mellow: Little does he know that his later feeding is steak again.  Think I want to come back as Tarheel's dog :P

70? wth?

Im at 43, dam man :o

• Like 6