Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Very nice, I like Seadog, nice guy.............when you are talking ask him if that old raggedy boat he has still floating ? :o That will make him smile, his boat is a classic, not many left.

Forgot to ask him about the boat. We had a great meal at a seafood restaurant then he and I listened to music for several hours all while sipping a few adult beverages. I believe he's on his way back home now. It was a good time.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Sounds like fun and seafood is always good. :emotion-21: 

Just got back from daughters, pumped out the pool and removed about 20 5 gallon buckets of leaves, left a little black slop on the bottom. Will be going back tomorrow, had to get home because an old friend should be here before to long.

One thing as we drained the pool it really needs a new paint job so they went and got 8 gallons of pool paint, it was a bunch of shades of white/brown, but will be ocean blue according to the label at least.

• Like 2

Off to go help daughter and husband pump out and clean the pool at the house the bought. He wants to empty it completely,  but after looking at pictures of pools popping out the ground it may be best to empty it less than half way and try to clean it like that. Either way I told him I'm not responsible, bringing a 2" gas trash pump, we will see. 

Look to see if there is a sump crock by the pool anywhere. If not, you may get a floater...

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 3

replace dishwasher, check
replace fridge after 6 failures, check

replace a/c components (x3 or 4) check

replace clothes washer (x2) in one month check; last one today

now the frigging vacuum (Dyson DC25) trips the house breaker when tuned on!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have vodka left over from Hope in the freezer. Later, if I post, please excuse me, I apologize in advance.

• Like 6

replace dishwasher, check

replace fridge after 6 failures, check

replace a/c components (x3 or 4) check

replace clothes washer (x2) in one month check; last one today

now the frigging vacuum (Dyson DC25) trips the house breaker when tuned on!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have vodka left over from Hope in the freezer. Later, if I post, please excuse me, I apologize in advance.

What amps are you using?

• Like 3

How about going old school -

Wash dishes by hand

Get a true "ice box"

Lots of fans

Rocks by the stream or wash board

I have an old manual Bissell floor sweeper i can sell you, works fairly well. Still works sixty years later

All the above might be considered true character builders

But really - good luck.

• Like 4

Morning all, got out at sunrise and finally got the fence stained. Cooking up some biscuits and gravy. Wife and daughter headed to Korea for the summer so us boys will be hanging without adult supervision.

Your right Carl plus 3 garage door openers and septic pump

• Like 3

Is there any way you could be getting voltage spikes through the power lines causing all the failures?

Not according to my power conditioner monitors.

The only failures that I might suspect electrical source fault would be the garage door openers' circuit boards. All others were mechanical in nature; vacuum, who knows.

Door bell had a stuck switch contact (corrosion)

A/Cs mostly leaks (again corrosion here is very bad, surrounded on 3 sides by salt water)

Fridge air duct freeze up causing fan failure (gave up after 6 attempts to remedy that)

Washer bearing failure

Dishwasher water intrusion, short, burned board

Septic pump screen clog

Now there is that haunted thermostat but the ghost hasn't been around for a long time

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 3

• Moderators
Look to see if there is a sump crock by the pool anywhere. If not, you may get a floater...

That's exactly what I was worried about, he insisted we drain it, I asked if he had seen any of those pics online an he said yes but wanted to do it, I tried.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators
Your right Carl plus 3 garage door openers and septic pump

I think there was also freezer problems ? Not counting your tires being stolen off your truck.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Mchanic...ing! Got to love it.

Nope can't stand it, it's no fun for me anymore.

I only do it when I can understand the problem, and only because I am cheap.

Lol, I hear you. I admire anyone who takes on a challenge. Have time now to fiddle with things I never envisioned, and here lately diy'ing things that other's do not fix, like car window controls, door latches, sunroof, and the infamous car a/c. Just happy to have a few tools to take on some of these small projects. Not so much out of necessity as, I need to keep up my minor skillset. If we save a few hundred here or there, then so much the better.

Always plenty to do around here but, not always the right weather for it.

If I had your skillset dtel, I would be a happy man...:)

• Like 2

Last evening we went to the neighborhood gathering I mentioned yesterday.  The wife, Nancy, wanted to be the first there at 6pm so we wouldn't have to be introduced to everyone at once.  She also wanted to be among the first to leave.  Although we were the oldest there by at least 10 years, we were far from the first to leave at 10:30.  We had a pleasant evening.

Sitting around the fire pit with the men, all I could do was listen to discussions of the Guns & Roses concert on Friday at Ford Field.  Similarly, I had no opinion as to whether David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar was better in Van Halen.  Nonetheless it was an enjoyable evening.

The host had a speaker pointing outside through a screen door.  It sounded pretty good, so, naturally, I had to check it out.  It was a Sonos that looks like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014LFINIA/ref=s9_al_bw_g23_i1

What was especially neat was a Sonos app that let anyone with a digital music device send commands to the speaker.  It made the Sonos device the modern equivalent of a jukebox.  Each person put his/her music choices in the queue.  I know it used wi-fi and I suspect it also utilized Bluetooth.  Does anyone know whether a similar device is available for non-Sonos Bluetooth speakers?  My DIY Bluetooth boombox permits anyone with a Bluetooth player to program it, but one at a time.  It would be fun to allow several people to send simultaneous music commands without requiring an individual Bluetooth connection.  I'll also post this inquiry in the 2-channel forum.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4