Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

We got maybe, maybe, an inch of snow, but it's damn cold here in NW Indiana.  11 degrees right now, and the wind is howling.

No snow here yet, and it's  a heat wave compared to your 11° it's  hanging at 28° here.

Ahhhhhh The BOSS just brought me a nice hot afternoon coffee. Decaf for me in the afternoon..

MKP :-)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Closing up shop here @ 70*. Leave zero dark in the morning for the Mom move (30 miles east of Paris) and Khorn pickup. Looks like the packing, loading, moving will be fun. Eye 2 old fo' da cold!

Weather.JPG

Good luck with all the moving. At least they're new and in the factory boxes, that will help.

• Like 5

Good afternoon gang

Took the wife unit out for current dental evaluation , and then a Pub visit was in order.

Day was going fine till........Upon arriving home, i see a lot of trucks/cars @ richcard's place next door, he had passed i was told.

I ask when?

5 day's ago, making that Sat the 31st

SO, all of the traffic iv seen on my CCTV coverage for the last five days, has been people cleaning him out :huh:

REAL FNKin nice generation we have raised here:excl2:

He said more than once his kids were worthless.

Iv lived here 10 years, everyone im seeing here, iv NEVER seen before, NO ONE came for his birthday(s) or Xmas, ever.

Ruthless POS is what im seeing, 

When you see Chit like this, WTF?

Where is your god?

Where is the love?

Ruthless people and nothing more, that is what you leave behind, iv just seen it.

And you wonder why people leave millions to their Cat.

• Like 4

Mark, I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure he deserved better. 

About 20 years ago my Dad's neighbor that lived 5 houses from him, asked my Dad if he wanted to buy his house. He was moving into a retirement center with his wife. My Dad replied maybe, what do you want for your home? He said you have been a good neighbor and a great friend for 40 years, how about 15k. My Dad was shocked. My Dad said we both know you house is worth 10 times that amount, why so cheap? The neighbor said all I have left is two grandsons and all they want  from me is my money, and I know you won't sell it for a profit, probably will rent it out cheap to help someone else. My Dad suggested a couple larger sums, but the neighbor said no...15k is all I want. My Dad wrote him a check for 15k. He started renting it out for $350 a month to a single mother that needed help. My Dad sold it about 8 years ago to a friend of my brother's that needed to get his family out of the city, for 60k. It was worth probably 100k or so. Treat people right, and it will come back to you.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

About 20 years ago my Dad's neighbor that lived 5 houses from him, asked my Dad if he wanted to buy his house. He was moving into a retirement center with his wife. My Dad replied maybe, what do you want for your home? He said you have been a good neighbor and a great friend for 40 years, how about 15k. My Dad was shocked. My Dad said we both know you house is worth 10 times that amount, why so cheap? The neighbor said all I have left is two grandsons and all they want  from me is my money, and I know you won't sell it for a profit, probably will rent it out cheap to help someone else. My Dad suggested a couple larger sums, but the neighbor said no...15k is all I want. My Dad wrote him a check for 15k. He started renting it out for $350 a month to a single mother that needed help. My Dad sold it about 8 years ago to a friend of my brother's that needed to get his family out of the city, for 60k. It was worth probably 100k or so. Treat people right, and it will come back to you.

And THAT Sir is what it is supposed to be about, i know no other way, i am NOT a product of this generation.

I spoke to someone everyday next door, NOT one would tell me anything, they were there for one thing, and it was not for richards health.

Just pizzis me off.

• Like 2

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, minermark said:

He said more than once his kids were worthless.

Iv lived here 10 years, everyone im seeing here, iv NEVER seen before, NO ONE came for his birthday(s) or Xmas, ever.

Ruthless POS is what im seeing, 

That's sad but true in many cases. bunch of dirtbags, I hope they get little or nothing.  

• Like 4

Both my folks died when i was barely eight years old -- i have VERY few items that belonged to them. Every once in a while a relative will ask me if i want a certain item and they’ll tell me it belonged to my Mom or Dad.  I don’t remember much; but, what little i do when i’ve asked what happened to such and such -- i always got an “i don’t know."

Being still pretty little when this all went down, i don’t even have many memories. 

i did get adopted later though.

• Like 5

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I don't blame him one bit, stories like this make me dislike many younger people with there all about me attitude. Good for your Dad.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Just now, BigStewMan said:

There goes Elden, fishing for “likes” again with the double posts :D

I love fishing but don't care about likes, you can't eat them. 

What double post ?

But really, I hid it, originally I hit post and nothing happened so I hit it again and nothing, I went somewhere else on the forum and came back to find a double post. I don't know what's worse my computer or me, we both mess up alot. 

• Like 4

Just now, BigStewMan said:

There goes Elden, fishing for “likes” again with the double posts :D

Well... HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im thinkin Drinkin AND FIRING UP THE DUAL SYSTEM FROM HELL!

I mean WTF?

Anyone wanting to know what iv built now can look back to last Fri/Sat and see, system Two completed, but i also could NOT fire it up.

Because i knew richard was going south, and out of respect, iv not turned on an Amp since last week........:ph34r:HUmmmmm

• Like 4

you had me for a minute...i stopped at “What double post?” and looked and only saw one.  I thought i was losing my mind and was fixing to draft a public apology.

You must not be into the forum fame...by hiding the post you also hid the “like.”  I gave both a like.

• Like 4

• Moderators

BStewM I was thinking about you the other day while watching a sports show. They were talking about the Raiders, after all these years they have a good team doing well and what happens, the quarterback breaks his leg right at playoff time. :emotion-45:

• Like 4

Happy Thursday CC&C!  -8 on the button all week in the morning - but no wind!  Bring it!  The coffee tastes better when it's cold outside! 

The CES product lineup looks great this year! (IMHO) They have been busy on the design side!

Hope you're all well! 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, minermark said:

I mean WTF?

Anyone wanting to know what iv built now can look back to last Fri/Sat and see, system Two completed, but i also could NOT fire it up.

Because i knew richard was going south, and out of respect, iv not turned on an Amp since last week........:ph34r:HUmmmmm

Hey Mark -- it stopped raining here in the OC and i have my sliding door open--crank your system up and let me listen with you.

• Like 6

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, minermark said:

I mean WTF?

Why not, if the losers are still next door be sure to play something to aggravate them, they deserve it. 

Very nice of you to not bother the old man, crank it up, the old guy will probably smile. 

• Like 6