Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, dtel said:

BStewM I was thinking about you the other day while watching a sports show. They were talking about the Raiders, after all these years they have a good team doing well and what happens, the quarterback breaks his leg right at playoff time. :emotion-45:

People get their legs broke at every Raider game in Oakland -- it just usually happens in the parking lot.

I’m hoping they find a way to win still. Will be tough with little experience in the backup QB; but, would make a great story.

• Like 6

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you had me for a minute...i stopped at “What double post?” and looked and only saw one.  I thought i was losing my mind and was fixing to draft a public apology.

You must not be into the forum fame...by hiding the post you also hid the “like.”  I gave both a like.

Never an apology needed, and your right any kind of fame/attention freaks me out, perfectly happy to just be in the background. Likes or post could all start over as far as I care, just let me talk with my friends.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

People get their legs broke at every Raider game in Oakland -- it just usually happens in the parking lot.

I’m hoping they find a way to win still. Will be tough with little experience in the backup QB; but, would make a great story.

Yes it would be a great story, and yes to the parking lot "experience". I have watched every game that came on here, which is not alot but they really do have a greatly improved team, hope it carries over to next year. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, akdave said:

Happy Thursday CC&C!  -8 on the button all week in the morning - but no wind!  Bring it!  The coffee tastes better when it's cold outside! 

The CES product lineup looks great this year! (IMHO) They have been busy on the design side!

Hope you're all well! 

And i thought I had something to BI- 0tch about........Iv got nothing on that.

I think my old saying....it could be worse.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

It most certainly would make a great story.....As a long, long, long time Chargers fan, I have hated the Raiders for many years, however.....I was actually looking forward to them doing well in the playoffs this year due to their long absence from the deep postseason, the play of Derek Carr, and their head coach, whom I have always enjoyed for his passion and somewhat "rogue" attitude....I still hope they do well, but don't hold out a lot of hope for a long run....

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It doesn't matter who wins that game anyways.  The winner goes to New England after that and that will be the end of their season.

I'll bet the NFL trophy company is already chiseling New England on the Vince Lombardy Trophy:D

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Not quite sure about that but they'll definitely be in the AFC championship game.

I don't know who can beat them....Dallas? 

I know any team can beat anybody on any day, but the Patriots have been making teams look like high school teams all year. It's like Brady hardly has to work up a sweat. I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see someone different win it all. 

• Like 5

The way the Packers have been playing, I'm anticipating a New England/Green Bay Super Bowl.

My brother and his two sons are going up to Foxboro for the Patriots game next weekend.  We hope it's going to be cold and snowy and nasty, if only to make it more memorable....

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The way the Packers have been playing, I'm anticipating a New England/Green Bay Super Bowl.

They certainly heated up at the right time that's for sure.  It's amazing how Rogers is playing now compared to how he played at the beginning of the season.  You can't write off Atlanta either the way Ryan has been playing.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

1" of snow predicted....bread and milk flying off the shelves.  Oh the horror.  Send bread:o

It's amazing how much better bread taste when snow is predicted:D

I thought of you earlier today. I DVR a show called Aerial America, the last episode was about North Carolina, the Tarheel state. It's ironic, the even said the Tarheel state, but never mentioned what Tarheel meant, and I still don't know.  It was a great episode, lots of history in NC. The part about the battleship USS North Carolina and what it accomplished in WWll was awesome, gave me goosebumps. The DOD was going to destroy the ship for scrap metal, then the people of NC stepped in and said no, we will keep her. 

• Like 6