Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

it takes a rare breed to be able to handle it.  just yesterday, it was 55 degrees here--but you know, i still went out in it. you do crazy stuff like that when you’re hungry.

you could handle it--i’m sure of it.

55, I hope you were dressed for it, you just like to live dangerously. B)

I know I could handle it, but I would have to buy new clothes, my 2 pair of jeans and all the rest shorts would not cut it. I could make it but I would be bitchng like a little girl, ask my wife. :)

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Just checked the temp again.........right on 19 degrees...  :mellow:

Just checked, 38 right now and i'm not going back out, except to get more firewood off the patio.

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Got to single digit last night.  It makes the mid 20s seem balmy.

I doubt it has ever went to single digits here.  

• Like 6

• Moderators

I had no idea, looks like it has happened a few times, I must have been hiding ?

I bet the plumbers were busy replacing frozen pipes, houses are not really prepared for single digits here. I know in New Orleans most of the houses are raised and most have no insulation around the pipes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It's cold here, and going to be 21 tonight, things are just not right, my pepper plants froze last night,(here are some) well it's Jan knew it was going to happen sooner or later. :( 

yard-1.JPG

My comment was in reference to our low temp this morning...it was -2...or two below....Tupelo Ms:D

My wife thinks my humor is pretty cheesy also!

Sorry about your pepper plants...did you save them?

• Like 5

Nice and breezy here today after last night's cool rain. They think 28 tonight for a low and maybe another night of similar.

Yews, you do not want any trouble especially around here with frozen pipes. I could tell you war stories about that there.

Drinking a cuo o joe before I pop a top here...cheers...:emotion-46:

• Like 6

For sure @Tarheel...remember it well, as that year was a medical one for me. In the local hospital for 20 days, dangling my thumb...(foot)

There was something else was going to correct but, not going back now...Onward...we come too far to let a little blizzard stop us...;)

Besides, I will soon have a little de-icer in my veins...:emotion-46:

• Like 8

My place here in the city is for the most part on a slab . The bathroom however is raised a bit and for the last few evening have been hearing a cat that sounds like could be in the process of bearing or raising a litter. So there is a crawl space. Just heard the cat again as a reminder. Spoke to the cat before while hearing it. Do not mind the very occasional noise, especially as I like cats and it is a might cooler. The peace of mind I have is that the hotwater heaters are located at and very near where she/me are located for the complex. I will run some hot water for her tonight. Some Ferrell cats they say are around locally but, we all have to survive...Peace.

Almost forgot, a tree fell somewhere nearby while having my coffee early this morning. Went outside but did not see or hear anything more. Locals had quite some trees down during Hermine. City and county still working on it...:emotion-55:

• Like 8