Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

BSM-

Does this remind you of another time? @BigStewMan

The United States Coast Guard icebreaker Mackinaw is tied up in upper St. Mary’s River on Monday, March 20, 2017, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.  The heavy icebreaker will lead two other small ships in opening shipping channels for the upcoming 2017-2018 season, which begins at midnight March 24th. John L. Russell, Special to Detroit News

636259741253196448-mackinaw-001.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

BSM-

Does this remind you of another time? @BigStewMan

The United States Coast Guard icebreaker Mackinaw is tied up in upper St. Mary’s River on Monday, March 20, 2017, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.  The heavy icebreaker will lead two other small ships in opening shipping channels for the upcoming 2017-2018 season, which begins at midnight March 24th. John L. Russell, Special to Detroit News

636259741253196448-mackinaw-001.JPG

sure does Neil; but, i’m what they called “Old Guard,” so you have to go back further in time. I was on THIS Mackinaw ...

th.jpeg

• Like 5

Morning gents

Coffee should be Perked by now.

Sorry Dirt, i dont see most pic's, dont know why, or care anymore.

Software, Win7, Server, website, Web, ???

My pics post most of the time, sometimes they dont.

This "New" Forum is not all it's cracked up to be.

I have Zero problems on every other website.

16602699_739270416242109_7328851309887398412_n.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Mike do you know the price of the Technics SB 1000 originally?  If you run across a pair let me know.  Most likely can't afford them though.

so far I haven't found the msrp...

but the used market...   is @ 20k +. 

Pioneer exclusive are the other Japanese horns

http://www.itishifi.com/search/label/pioneer exclusive

some used prices http://www.gelorabaru.com/pioneer-exclusive-2402

model2401twin.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Mike do you know the price of the Technics SB 1000 originally?  If you run across a pair let me know.  Most likely can't afford them though.

• SB-10000 Loudspeaker. Top of the line Technics speaker at a cost of $12,000 USD. They featured a tweeter made of Boron. A used pair sold for $32,050 USD around 2010 in Germany.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
  • SB-10000 Loudspeaker. Top of the line Technics speaker at a cost of $12,000 USD. They featured a tweeter made of Boron. A used pair sold for $32,050 USD around 2010 in Germany.

Thanks Mike.  Some beautiful speakers in those links.  Put a pair of Pioneer Exclusive in my cart for $8900 then saw they are in Indonesia.

• Like 2

Good Gawd these are some exotics for sure. The "skunk works" of the Japanese Big Boys. And they have known the value of horns for a long, long time but knew the consumer market wasn't going for it.

Come on 'Heel, pen the check! People in the know tell me you can't take it with you ---

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Good Gawd these are some exotics for sure. The "skunk works" of the Japanese Big Boys. And they have known the value of horns for a long, long time but knew the consumer market wasn't going for it.

Come on 'Heel, pen the check! People in the know tell me you can't take it with you ---

For $8900 maybe.  Shipping from Indonesia?  Says nothing about the condition.  On another pair they refer to blemishes as bruises.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

so far I haven't found the msrp...

but the used market...   is @ 20k +. 

Pioneer exclusive are the other Japanese horns

http://www.itishifi.com/search/label/pioneer exclusive

some used prices http://www.gelorabaru.com/pioneer-exclusive-2402

model2401twin.JPG

I'd cut off Carl's little finger with a butter knife for a pair of those.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, richieb said:

it was the height of the hifi wars..only with the American nit wits during the hifi wars...the Asian market has been hoarding are vintage gear for decades...  

• Like 2