Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

56 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

started packing up my stuff.  So far, found $1,400 in bills, and 38 POUNDS of coin.  They’re gonna love me at the bank in the morning.

Steve need this. !   sounds like $350 +/-  in change..

IMG_20161002_094751.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Finally home from Hope and ready to resume my normal snark.  I may be a little off my game for a while as i wait for the fog to lift from my brain.  There's a few brain cells that will never function again which is scary as there was barely enough to go around to begin with. I hope all the other travelers returning home from Arkansas make it safely back to their respective families.  I miss my Klipsch brothers and sisters already.  Sigh.

ELIMINATEALLERGIES.jpg

13062170_1281143038581504_110984179157884108_n-300x300.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Mike!

Hot and humid already.  Walked Jake, washed the Volvo and the front porch and its not even 9 yet.  Hopefully the pollen is done.  Chilling now and about to fix that second cup. 

Going to watch This Old House in a few minutes and see what Tom, Norm, and the gang are working on in Detroit.

Have a great Sunday Gents!

here we go if anybody missed this old house 

http://www.pbs.org/show/old-house/     

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNgRpRuWGs

• Like 3

Syracuse lacrosse falls short after monster comeback against North Carolina 

Syracuse lacrosse falls short after monster comeback against North Carolina

-23b247568eba9d6a.jpg

-cdec8fcac6772937.jpg

-73df542aed1e3984.jpg

-4b500e622332cdbe.jpg

-d88ee67e96201139.jpg

-23b247568eba9d6a.jpg
-cdec8fcac6772937.jpg
-73df542aed1e3984.jpg
-15e8e112a4ca4cfd.jpg
-1f6eb01edab1c9f1.jpg
-03ce28140dfe399b.jpg
-ee6e9a520b33f3b0.jpg
-2780e6d8f8b0aee2.jpg
-251643a4f2b5acc4.jpg
-ba807887cefb1b40.jpg
-a43f4419977dde75.jpg
-731bdd3c5c9bf313.jpg
-1ba13f5bed34c9f5.jpg
-56650777fec1006f.jpg
-4030d5d02412a176.jpg
-4b500e622332cdbe.jpg
-d88ee67e96201139.jpg

1 / 17

North Carolina celebrates their win over Syracuse to advance to the finals during the 2017 ACC Men's Lacrosse Semifinals in Durham, N.C., Friday, April 28, 2017. (Photo by Sara D. Davis, the ACC.com)

Special to syracuse.comBy Special to syracuse.com 
on April 28, 2017 at 8:17 PM, updated April 28, 2017 at 9:19 PM

53shares

By Tom Shanahan | Contributing Writer

Durham, N.C. -- Two weeks ago North Carolina came within a couple minutes of upsetting No. 1-ranked Syracuse and preventing the Orange from clinching the ACC regular-season title in Chapel Hill.

This time at another Tobacco Road site, the Tar Heels played 60 full minutes to halt Syracuse from winning the ACC Tournament crown. The fourth-seeded Tar Heels defeated No. 1-ranked Syracuse 16-15 in the first game of the ACC semifinals Friday at Duke's Koskinen Stadium.

Notre Dame and Duke play in the nightcap with the winner advancing to face North Carolina in the Sunday final. It's the first time in four years the Orange hasn't played in the ACC Tournament final.

When Syracuse beat North Carolina 12-11 in overtime two weeks ago, the Orange overcame an 11-7 deficit in the fourth quarter.  It was one of four victories overcoming a four-goal deficit for the season.

But this time Syracuse trailed 13-4 at halftime. The Orange was staggered by North Carolina's second-quarter blitz. North Carolina controlled the ball at Syracuse's defensive end as the Tar Heels patiently passed the ball around until finding scoring opportunities.

At halftime, the defending national champions led Syracuse in shots, 26-16, and face-offs, 13-5. Syracuse had a slight lead in ground balls at 11-8, but it was a meaningless stat with the amount of time the Orange was on defense.

But there was no panic in Syracuse locker room.

"Our guys came in at halftime like we normally do whether we're winning or losing," Syracuse coach John Desko said. "They were fired up. They were focused on what we had to do in the second half. We put ourselves in position that could have won it. I'm not sure how many teams could have come back from as far down as we were."

Syracuse outscored the Tar Heels 8-0 in the third quarter to trim the deficit to 13-12 entering the final 15 minutes.

"Being down that much, you need to trust each other," said Syracuse's Jordan Evans, who posted a career-high six assists and scored one goal. "That' what we harp on all season. You saw it. We were full go in the third quarter. We moved the ball and trusted one more pass."

Sergio Salcido and Nick Mariano led the Orange with three goals each. Jamie Trimboli and Brendan Bobmerry added two each.

Syracuse (11-2) has a final regular-season game May 6 at Colgate before the NCAA Tournament field is announced. The game meant more to earning an NCAA Tournament bid to the defending national champions. North Carolina entered the match with a sub.-500 record at 6-7. Syracuse, of course, is a lock for a bid.

"We'll watch the film of ourselves like always do," Sergio Salcido said. "We have another game against Colgate, so we have another week to get better. We'll change some things in practice. You learn from losing. We lost to Army (14-13 on March 5), and then we didn't lose for a nine-game stretch. We have to keep pushing and keep up the intensity."

North Carolina's Chris Cloutier led the Tar Heels with three goals. Luke Goldstock, Michael Tagliaferri, Tanner Cook and Jack Lambert added two each.

Syracuse opened the fourth quarter on an 8-0 run, but Cook scored 4:02 into the fourth period to bump the Tar Heels' lead back to two goals, 14-12.

Matt Lane scored for Syracuse to again make it a one-goal match, but North Carolina didn't give into a "here-we-go-again" attitude. Cloutier and Goldstock scored for a 16-13 lead with 5:21 to play.

Goals from Salcido with 4:11 left and Bomberry with 27 seconds to play gave Syracuse a final chance, but North Carolina's defense broke up a final Orange attempt to run a play as time expired.

"Syracuse is No. 1 for a reason," North Carolina coach Joe Breschi said. "They're a great team, but I'm so proud of how we battled to the end. We had our ups and downs this season, but now we have an opportunity to play for a championship."

• Like 2

Morning gang

1st day of May and we are going to 90+

My Hammer/Drill works great.........However there turns out to be far more flashing than predicted.

So, for our first day of 90+ i will be renting a mobile Demo compressor/hammer. Carl would love to hear one of those right about now eh?

20+ years since i played with one of thoseB)

Coffee should be perked by now.

c75f5d57857279adfe46361fd866e97c.jpg

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

You guys type quietly....Carl has a way big head this morning-_-

That would have been Saturday morning.  We started drinking early and didn't eat supper till 9 or so.  There was a bunch of tore up folks that night.

• Like 5

Wish me luck. I have a job interview this afternoon. Hopefully the good vibes I experienced in Hope/Bodcaw have influenced my entire life. It was great to see everyone and spend time with like minded audio enthusiasts.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Wish me luck. I have a job interview this afternoon. Hopefully the good vibes I experienced in Hope/Bodcaw have influenced my entire life. It was great to see everyone and spend time with like minded audio enthusiasts.

GOOD LUCK LUTHER!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, richieb said:

How 'bout a shout out to MinerMark for his generous AC Digital Voltage Meter care package as a substitute for not being able to attend. Thanks Miner! 

Currently 123V and holding ----

Mine showed 119v at the house.  I'm going to call the power company and demand a refund for all the years they've been cheating me out of that last volt.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

How 'bout a shout out to MinerMark for his generous AC Digital Voltage Meter care package as a substitute for not being able to attend. Thanks Miner! 

Thank You!  Rockin' 122 here.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, richieb said:

Yes thanks @minermark. Would liked to have met you instead, perhaps next time?

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, richieb said:

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Mine showed 119v at the house.  I'm going to call the power company and demand a refund for all the years they've been cheating me out of that last volt.

17 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Thank You!  Rockin' 122 here.

119 V here myself

In the months ahead, you will find them usefull when you start running the AC and Tunes.

Makes a nice night lite Too.

And the Forum is quite welcome.......:wub2:

Ps: these volt Meters can be found on the bay, if anyone needs more.

I bought my China guy out at 95Pcs.

• Like 4