Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Any damage?

not here....that I see Chuck..good for me.. but the news claimed there

was damage to  school in Schenevus. about 40 miles from here..

it not to far from Cooperstown..

• Like 2

• Moderators

OK Minermark, I did what you asked, I was checking Rodney's front porch and (I think) it was Friday a package showed up.

There were more people than just Klipsch people at the pilgrimage, some were from Cory's Klipsch facebook page, and others were Klipsch dealers and distributors from around the country.   I would go out to the car and load up my pockets and walk around giving them out to make sure the Klipsch group got them first.

Mark had 100 of these voltmeter things shipped to Rodney's to give to every forum member. I didn't take a picture of one yet but "borrowed" a pic from online.

I went to everyone, (I'm pretty sure) and gave them one and told them......do you know Minermark on the forum ? Most would say yes, so I told them he sent 100 of these voltmeters and asked me to give them out to all Klipsch forum people, and I told them he couldn't make it here even after being registered because something came up, and he wanted you to know he was thinking of everyone and wished he could have been here.  

Everyone was surprised and said wow that's cool, or that was very nice of him or something similar, most people looked shocked. I even gave one to each of the bosses from the Klipsch office in Indy that were there at the time, most were in charge of marketing, like Matt Sommers, Jill Escoll, Mark Casavant and Kayla.  It blew them away that someone would do something like this. I am sorry I know I spelled those names wrong, probably all of them. They were very surprised as everyone else was that someone would do something like that.

It was a very nice thing to do, so I will do as everyone asked,..... Thank You Mark that was very nice of you to do that. 

I have to say I tried one and it's a cool little thing, I plugged one in and would turn on and off other things on the same circuit and the meter would change voltages for a second as things were added to the line, it's instant. It would change by only a volt or two for just a second, they all seem to be 118v mostly, sometimes 117v to 119v changing. it's kind of addicting to plug it in in different places to see what it says. :blush:

Like everyone said, Thank You, it was very nice of you to do something like that !

A439_1_20140209457555422.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

OK Minermark, I did what you asked, I was checking Rodney's front porch and (I think) it was Friday a package showed up.

There were more people than just Klipsch people at the pilgrimage, some were from Cory's Klipsch facebook page, and others were Klipsch dealers and distributors from around the country.   I would go out to the car and load up my pockets and walk around giving them out to make sure the Klipsch group got them first.

Mark had 100 of these voltmeter things shipped to Rodney's to give to every forum member. I didn't take a picture of one yet but "borrowed" a pic from online.

I went to everyone, (I'm pretty sure) and gave them one and told them......do you know Minermark on the forum ? Most would say yes, so I told them he sent 100 of these voltmeters and asked me to give them out to all Klipsch forum people, and I told them he couldn't make it here even after being registered because something came up, and he wanted you to know he was thinking of everyone and wished he could have been here.  

Everyone was surprised and said wow that's cool, or that was very nice of him or something similar, most people looked shocked. I even gave one to each of the bosses from the Klipsch office in Indy that were there at the time, most were in charge of marketing, like Matt Sommers, Jill Escoll, Mark Casavant and Kayla.  It blew them away that someone would do something like this. I am sorry I know I spelled those names wrong, probably all of them. They were very surprised as everyone else was that someone would do something like that.

It was a very nice thing to do, so I will do as everyone asked,..... Thank You Mark that was very nice of you to do that. 

I have to say I tried one and it's a cool little thing, I plugged one in and would turn on and off other things on the same circuit and the meter would change voltages for a second as things were added to the line, it's instant. It would change by only a volt or two for just a second, they all seem to be 118v mostly, sometimes 117v to 119v changing. it's kind of addicting to plug it in in different places to see what it says. :blush:

Like everyone said, Thank You, it was very nice of you to do something like that !

A439_1_20140209457555422.jpg

And you did a fine job at that :emotion-21:

I bought my China guy out.

That, and him getting them to hope by the 27/28 was a gamble.

Who says money does not talk in china?

6 days they were there:emotion-21:

• Like 4

• Moderators

I would check the front porch of his house every evening, the house is on the property but over a mile away. There was one other package being sent which was 4 bottles of wine a man sent because he was flying, he name is "guy with wine".

So everyday i would go check and one day there was a package on the front porch but it was the wine. The next day Friday, I went to check and nothing, I thought I better check the back porch so I pulled around and there it was, this made me feel better. I was glad, after you going through all of that it would not be good for them to show up after everyone left, but we got lucky. 

Cool thing to do and I am sure many people were doing like me trying them in many different outlets just for fun. 

But really, I would have rather had you both there this week, but I completely understand why, have to take care of the boss. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Haven't had much time to catch up reading here, but will soon I hope. 

I first posted pictures here because everyone who could not make wants pictures, I would think there will be more pics.

Then I need to make a post to Mark telling him what happened with the voltmeters, well I actually slept for like 10 hours first and made some real coffee......

Shockingly I only had 4 cups of coffee the whole week, Roy gave me two, I made one cup in Kevins bus and a very nice lady seen me wandering around looking really rough,  rougher than normal and went and made me a big cup of coffee, after that I had a new name for her, it was the coffee angel.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, dtel said:

Haven't had much time to catch up reading here, but will soon I hope. 

I first posted pictures here because everyone who could not make wants pictures, I would think there will be more pics.

Then I need to make a post to Mark telling him what happened with the voltmeters, well I actually slept for like 10 hours first and made some real coffee......

Shockingly I only had 4 cups of coffee the whole week, Roy gave me two, I made one cup in Kevins bus and a very nice lady seen me wandering around looking really rough,  rougher than normal and went and made me a big cup of coffee, after that I had a new name for her, it was the coffee angel.  

coffee_angel_by_radicallypoetic.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Any damage?

Violent microburst Monday evening

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 5:15 pm EDT by Bill Kardas
13771234_G.png

Parts of Central New York had extensive severe weather damage from powerful thunderstorms that rolled through on Monday night. Over 5,000 people were without power in Chenango and Otsego Counties. Widespread tree damage closed several roads as crews worked to clean up the damage.

A large tree crushed a mobile home in Norwich. The owner was home at the time and was lucky not to be injured.

The National Weather Service was in the area during Tuesday surveying the damage. A violent microburst with 90-100mph winds caused massive tree damage in a forest along route 23 outside of Norwich. The primary cause of wind damage was determined to be from a line of violent thunderstorms. Wind speeds were in excess of 70-80mph.

• Like 3

Quite the generous man ol MM is, very cool move.

Mark (MKP) glad to see you here, has your business picked up? I think spring/summer is finally here.

Eldon, you and Christy create an atmosphere around here that people just want to join in and help any way they can.

• Like 4

Evening gents

Looks like im down with a tad bit of heat exhaustion.

Jackhammer work beat me into shape, mind was ready, body was not.

8Pm and it's 83 and dam dry.

Detel is at a 12 hour Nap eh?

got ya beat at 15 last night.

Feel like doing that again right about now.......;)

szdUfLo.gif

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Violent microburst Monday evening

This is the time of year again, hot and cold mixing.  It's easy to see here, when the clouds are out of the South from the gulf moving North quickly someone is going to get bad weather with all that moisture.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Quite the generous man ol MM is, very cool move.

Yes it was,he had to think about it a week before. Very Nice 

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Mark (MKP) glad to see you here, has your business picked up? I think spring/summer is finally here. 

I was wondering the same thing.

Eldon, you and Christy create an atmosphere around here that people just want to join in and help any way they can.

Not really, it's everyone else. I went to hang some signs in the front, not saying a word to anyone. I climb up a 12' ladder to tie off some rope and looked down and there were 4 people holding the ladder. I was shocked when I looked down, I have never had a safer ladder before, not used to that. 

The talk started inside with Paul Jacobs, I thought it would be a good time to put up a few more., Carl May helped me put up 4 more signs, I never asked he just grabbed them and started running rope through the grommets and thying them off.

I get up Sunday morning after sleeping 2.5 hours and went to take them down, and when I walk out there Otis and I can't remember who (sorry) has taken down the biggest one and has rolled it up perfectly. This was great, I didn't feel like wrestling that sign, it's 6'7" tall and 26' long, heavy plastic.

This is the kind of things that happened all week, it's everyone. 

• Like 4

Any brick masons here?  LF has brick steps at the front of her place and some of the mortar has disappeared.  She met with a guy that does small masonry jobs and he could not promise that if he tuck pointed the brick that it would be a perfect match.  I have seen walls on houses that have settled and the mortar has been replaced and the repair is like a magnet to your eyes.

Since this is the front entrance and a focal point I am concerned.

Suggestions?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Any brick masons here?  LF has brick steps at the front of her place and some of the mortar has disappeared.  She met with a guy that does small masonry jobs and he could not promise that if he tuck pointed the brick that it would be a perfect match.  I have seen walls on houses that have settled and the mortar has been replaced and the repair is like a magnet to your eyes.

Since this is the front entrance and a focal point I am concerned.

Suggestions?

Im watching youtube videos to get me through my concrete work.

Trust me grouting/pointing is in my future.

I had a couple trowels laying around for 20+ years, hit the swap meet for a couple items and bought the rest at HD.

Will be posting pics of my on-going, (keep me at home) project.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4