Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

First pot of Real stuff brewing, ill let the wife and Cat sleep in a wile, nothing planned but an oil change today.

Inquiring minds want to know, the wife or cat, at least you let them sleep before the procedure?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Sunday mornings the 50 year old HK receiver gets some play time pushing 40 year old McIntosh ML1C speakers.

Note to self.....buy coffee today or go without tomorrow!

Cheers gents :emotion-44:

The wife and I will be lucky to get home today WITHOUT tar on our heels !

( I grew up in Newport beach Ca, so I know where your name comes from)

• Like 1

What do Newport Beach (been there) & the name Tarheel have in common?

Hey Tarheel ! explain this would ya ?

After the civil war tar,pitch, and turpentine where some of the largest exports from the vast pine forest here. A derogatory name at first it was later accepted. During the war troops from the Tar heel state would stick their ground because of the tar on their heels.

Not much tar on the beaches here thankfully.

• Like 1

110% Irish on this end, and only just proven by my wacko cousin paying for a family DNA test.

It seems it must come from a male member of the family, because females introduce change throughout the chain, males do not.

Male DNA stays the same, passed down throughout history, unless of course you work at Fukishima.

As far as drinkin, well, got me Duggans and coffee going for the last hour......

• Like 3

110% Irish on this end, and only just proven by my wacko cousin paying for a family DNA test.

It seems it must come from a male member of the family, because females introduce change throughout the chain, males do not.

Male DNA stays the same, passed down throughout history, unless of course you work at Fukishima.

As far as drinkin, well, got me Duggans and coffee going for the last hour......

On St. Patrick's Day.... there's a "wee bit of Irish in us all.......

• Like 1