Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

Fur Rondy is coming Dave! I spent a couple months in Anchorage , well --- Spenard, from Christmas to the end of Feb.

 

nearly got blown off the hwy on/near the MatanuskaRiver in a white out.    fun

 

had avert a crisis

needed beans. A bag of Guatemala and some Kenya AB ought to last me a couple weeks

gotta love the general store here

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Fur Rondy is coming Dave!

Had to look that up, winter festival, once again, if your not local you have no idea. I would guess no wet t shirt contest and Rondy. :o That would hurt :blush:

 

Probably it's not good to type what I think sometimes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Fur Rondy is coming Dave! I spent a couple months in Anchorage , well --- Spenard, from Christmas to the end of Feb.

 

nearly got blown off the hwy on/near the MatanuskaRiver in a white out.    fun

 

had avert a crisis

needed beans. A bag of Guatemala and some Kenya AB ought to last me a couple weeks

gotta love the general store here

 

My general store is Costco --

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing the Kenya AB. Nice medium roast peaberry.

 

  some time back, the wife brought home a project for me...

don't get excited ... a Packard ..... piano

Needs a lot of attention.  It is pretty well dead

 

the wife wants it, though

any of you able to help me before I go into reverse engineering it? please and thanks

 

all kinds of fun , when I was there ... 35 years ago. downhill canoe races, a grand prix in downtown Anchorage .... and prolly more than a couple wet-t contests.  The end of Rondy starts the Ididarod  [spell check does not like that]

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Had to look that up, winter festival, once again, if your not local you have no idea. I would guess no wet t shirt contest and Rondy. :o That would hurt :blush:

 

Probably it's not good to type what I think sometimes.

 

I imagine a wet t-shirt contest during Rondy might require safety glasses - just sayin - ?!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

We are doing the Kenya AB. Nice medium roast peaberry.

 

  some time back, the wife brought home a project for me...

don't get excited ... a Packard ..... piano

Needs a lot of attention.  It is pretty well dead

 

the wife wants it, though

any of you able to help me before I go into reverse engineering it? please and thanks

 

all kinds of fun , when I was there ... 35 years ago. downhill canoe races, a grand prix in downtown Anchorage .... and prolly more than a couple wet-t contests.  The end of Rondy starts the Ididarod  [spell check does not like that]

 

 

You might want to talk with Tigerman (Gary) he hangs out over in the RTM thread.  I think he works on organs and perhaps pianos.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving in a little while heading to SW Louisiana, Lafayette for a few days, will try to check in. Just a few friends getting together eating, telling lies, music, the normal :pwk_bs:

Will try to remember to get a pic of what's going on.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

You might want to talk with Tigerman (Gary) he hangs out over in the RTM thread.  I think he works on organs and perhaps pianos.

no he plays with his organ....

 

Hammond b3

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Ididarod  [spell check does not like that]

 

Spell check likes Iditarod.;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DizRotus I don't think he meant Iditarod.  It was a spacing issue: I did a rod. I have never done a rod myself, but I hear that some people do, and, as they say, there's nothing wrong with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it kept spitting "polaroid" at me 

 

I have a love/hate relationship with the digital world. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Fur Rondy is coming Dave! I spent a couple months in Anchorage , well --- Spenard, from Christmas to the end of Feb.

 

nearly got blown off the hwy on/near the MatanuskaRiver in a white out.    fun

Yep - we're in the Shangri-La of the Matanuska Valley - wheee!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I was up there, '82 or '83,  Spenard was where the hookers and bikers lived.  my kinda folks  I had fun

My buddy's sis and bro-in-law lived in Wasilla

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spenard hasn't changed much sadly.  Wasilla however, is a completely different place since '82-'83.  The whole valley has a population of roughly 100,000 people now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, akdave said:

Spenard hasn't changed much sadly.  Wasilla however, is a completely different place since '82-'83.  The whole valley has a population of roughly 100,000 people now.

That must be a well populated area for Alaska , the whole state has less than 1 million. I would love to go there some day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The woodchuck saw his shadow ... if that means 6 more weeks of this weather, I'm all for it.  Been 70 - 80 almost all "winter'.

 

  I've been complaining to the wife, for some time,  about the invasive/intrusive nature of technology today....

...she will prolly think I've gone off my rocker when she starts seeing tube amps instead of SS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...