Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

You have flipped off Kansas as you left the state with your Jayhawk law degree and now you're moving your criticism to the south, Texas and Alabama? It's obvious your degree didn't include courses in mediation. So tell us - what states do make your cut? And what lucky state has you as a resident?  Curious minds want to know - others probably don't give a shite.  

No state actually claims me.  I am in Seattle, Washington until they realize I am here.  With all due respect, I think others were on the Alabama/Texas bandwagon before I was, and my comments about those places were intended solely to bolster their self esteem.  I would hope that anyone who reads more than a paragraph of anything I write would realize that I do not take myself very seriously, and that my comments about places like Alabama and Texas are meant to be comic in some way. My mom was born in Alabama and she is the most amazing person I have ever met. Now Kansas is different because I lived there too long. but even then so many of the Kansans I met are wonderful people.  Different from me, but tremendous people.  If I actually had harsh or negative feelings about a person or place, I would never express them except directly and in private.  I would never intentionally be mean to anyone or hurt someone on purpose.  And if I have, then perhaps I should limit my participation to objective audio issues.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I need a number.

Fine.  Tonight is lasagna Friday in many parts of the country, so the number was high. 12. Yesterday, it was 4 and Wednesday it was 2.  I can already see that you are going to say that this is an an inconsequential number, but not to those kids.  As Bion of Borysthenes said, "Though boys throw stones at frogs in sport, yet the frogs do not die in sport but in earnest." Those precious children do not experience any less torment merely because they lack company. My Sicilian client/friend used to tell me, "If you have one friend, then you have one friend too many." If one child goes to bed with Ricotta cheese in his belly, that is one child too  many.

@CECAA850 You are going to make me run out of quotes and that is hard to do.  As Dick Cheney said, "If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response." It does not matter if we know the number or even if there are any. We have to respond as if there are millions because there could be, and even if there aren't there could be some day, and even if there couldn't, we still have to show that we cared enough to take action against illusory threats. Or do you want to go down as the guy who said let our children burn in Texas and Alabama?

16 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

@CECAA850 You are going to make me run out of quotes and that is hard to do.  As Dick Cheney said, "If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response." It does not matter if we know the number or even if there are any. We have to respond as if there are millions because there could be, and even if there aren't there could be some day, and even if there couldn't, we still have to show that we cared enough to take action against illusory threats. Or do you want to go down as the guy who said let our children burn in Texas and Alabama?

Here's Donald Rumsfeld's answer to the question regarding his favorite Klipsch speakers:

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

2 minutes ago, T2K said:

Here's Donald Rumsfeld's answer to the question regarding his favorite Klipsch speakers:

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Duuude,  That is Deep, very Deep. 

4 minutes ago, T2K said:

Yeah, for me they all seem to be everyone else knows but I don't.

Just now, vasubandu said:

There are two kinds of people in this world: those that divide people into two groups, and those that don't.

- now hold on there. This coming from someone who hates every state he's ever set foot in ?!

I just realized I need a break --- 

• Like 1