Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

so, i forgot to remove the tag off a new pair of jeans that i bought a couple of weeks ago. I’ve dropped from a 36 waist to 34, so i’m gradually getting ones that fit better. 

Today, i go into the same store wearing the pants that i previously bought (still with the store tag on them) and go in and buy two more pair. My brother is with me and he’s checking out at another register. I’ve already paid and am waiting for him at the register that he is at. The clerk that rang me up and calling for her manager and telling her to “hurry.”  Seems that she sees the tag on my jeans and must have thought that i was stealing them. 

The manager says to me, “is there a tag on your pants?”  Confused, i say, “what?"

My brother then says “Yes” and rips the tag off and shows me. The manager says “did you already pay for them?”  I say yes and she said “It’s always a good idea to remove the tags."

Can’t believe how close i came to being accused of shoplifting. Although, I found the receipt in my car from the last trip; and i’ll bet, with today’s technology, they can probably tell that the tag on those pants had already been scanned at the register, which would coincide with the date on the receipt in my car. 

I sure do need to pay attention.  when i put on those new pants, i was too preoccupied with finding a pair of 34 waist pants in my wardrobe. When i saw a pair of 34, i just put them on without noticing that they had never been worn and still had the store tag on it. 

the headache that this could have caused!   

I can’t blame the checkout girl for calling her manager; but, why would i steal a pair of pants and pay for two at the same time?  Surely, the security footage will show that i entered the store fully clothed and didn’t even enter a dressing room (thank God that i never try on clothes at the store). Also, i don’t steal and if I did, i surely wouldn’t stand around the store waiting for others to finish checking out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Can’t believe how close i came to being accused of shoplifting.

Uh, I think you were kind accused of shoplifting, she didn't call her manager because she thought were cute. :huh::P

So your the Minnie Pearl of jeans, your brother must just look at you and shake his head sometimes, only you. :unsure:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

She’s on fire!

Yes she is,  I see why you watch it, she's easy to watch. I kind of got hooked on curling during the Olympics, looks like it would be fun to play. They should have curling lanes like bowling.

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes she is,  I see why you watch it, she's easy to watch. I kind of got hooked on curling during the Olympics, looks like it would be fun to play. They should have curling lanes like bowling.

They do.  Just move to Duluth.

• Haha 1

Good morning,

Shocked to find not enough coffee already ground to make a full pot.  Rather than awaken the non-early risers, I made only 2 cups.  The Bunn carafe is graduated in 2 cup intervals from 4 - 10, but I need only 2.  Don’t tell those without potable water, but I filled it to 6, poured it in until down to 4, then dumped the rest. 

OBTW, what Bunn calls 2 cups did not fill my mugs, ceramic or flesh & blood.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

isn't ice cold?

I'll give it a miss. Ever try lawn bowls? Very similar. Except, the "target" can be moved. The balls aren't completely spherical. They have a flat spot that allows you to curve the throw.  I tried it while in Australia. It's kinda a game for the more sedate/older crowd.

Having to give this fishing thing a try, again, today.  Was all set yesterday, but for the lack of one item, and me not wanting to improvise.  A stringer. I have/had 4 or 5. Ya think I could find one? Took all day, and like most things around here ... By the time I find what I know I have, it would have been more cost effective to buy a new whatever "it" is ...

wife has this habit of deciding where things go ... even if she doesn't know what it is. And then its place moves periodically w/o notice

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

my vocab isn't sophisticated enough to comment w/o being censored

I'll respond with a simple "Uh huh!"

That’s why we have imaginations.  At my age, imagining is as far as it goes.

• Like 2

This talk of dreams reminds me of the time I was lunching with a group of attorneys from the prosecutor’s office.  One of the women commented that she dreamt she was in labor the night before.  To which I replied, “That’s funny, I dreamt I was in management.”

• Haha 3

We're getting a treat. Partly cloudy.  80`  Feels like spring is here.

My hyacinths are perfuming the house. Daffodils are in bloom. Narcissus, too.  We leave those outdoors. They pretty ... but stink.

Slight chance of rain Sunday. It's still sposed to be mid/high 70's. 

• Like 2

when I was in HI,

I was asked to ride herd on the night shift

No thank you. I have seen those guys in action. I choose to remain "just one of the crew".  There is something to be said for not having to sign off on everything. A lot less stress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1