Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

weather turned crap for DizRotus. Hope they had indoor activities for today. Overcast and mid 70's. Rained a few drops here.

Rain forced the wedding inside at Skyline Country Club.  Spirits were not dampened 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Decisions decisions 

20180310_082407.jpg

Just get some of each. No problem

I have to agree with Oldtimer, though. A premium Kona is hard to beat. That why it's $40/lb. Lappert's Kona was $25/lb 20 years ago. Wonderful coffee.

• Like 1

I'm not sure who has been snapping up all of the Kona peaberry, but I have not seen any for a while.  every now and then World Market would have some, but they closed their in town store and I haven't been in one since.  They did usually have an African peaberry, of course I can't remember from exactly where, but it was good, if not as good as the Kona.

• Like 2

It blowin' by, north of here ... SanDiego is a better indicator of our chances during the winter.

The clouds broke and it's a nice day.  Just got off the roof, plunging the chimney before it too warm to wear the clothing I prefer when doing that.  I don't much care for cutting wood when it's warm, either.

rule of thumb for the "bush" here

it bites, stings, impales or is otherwise poisonous

....  It nice to comfortably wear protective gear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Decisions decisions 

They sure are proud of there coffee, a little high for not passing thru a cat first. :lol:

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Rain forced the wedding inside at Skyline Country Club.  Spirits were not dampened 

So they didn't water down the drinks. :emotion-21:

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

A premium Kona is hard to beat.

Had some before, it was hairy and purple, gold, yellow and bright green, even had it's own smell.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

It blowin' by, north of here ... SanDiego is a better indicator of our chances during the winter.

Yea I'm only about 5 miles from San Diego county line as the crow flies. And same in another direction to Orange county line.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Everything is more expensive there.  Whatever you pay here, triple it, unless it's real estate, then it's way worse.

it's seems like things are cheaper

in HI

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/kau/msg/d/vintage-klipsch-stereo/6508907575.html

Vintage Klipsch Stereo Speakers - $175 (Kalihiwai) hide this posting

image 1 of 4

00S0S_4z0i8PMnhmE_600x450.jpg

00w0w_g40QBlHSL3S_600x450.jpg

00b0b_7ow7FacoSwZ_600x450.jpg

3577.png3577.png3576.png3576.png3578.png3578.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

condition: good 
make / manufacturer: Klipsch 
size / dimensions: 21"x15.5"x13" 

Vintage Klipsch Stereo Reference Monitors. The best sounding stereo speakers you will ever hear. Been in my possession for over 25 years and in storage for most of that due to space constraints. Moving my home and recording studio so must sell. For audiofiles only. Still kicks *** with great highs, clear mids and clean punchy bass response. Very heavy weight-wise. Walnut cabinets could use fresh coat of paint. Black Bamboo Studios. 

+ $25 for stools
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I did get beater chorus IIs for 200 just up the valley.  But a few hundred dollars hardly compensates.  did thebes ever tell you about the time I could get 4 laScalas for 800?  I had no room at the time to put them anywhere, nor transport to get them.  Your reference is even worse because it is on kauaii, where few people live and shipping inter-island takes it way past a deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well sheeeeeee-it

I dinna know PWK was from Elkhart IN. My mom's family is from the area and I was born/raised there. All the music I knew about from there was Conn, Artley.......... the band instruments.

My dad gave up traveling jazz musician to raise kids and worked at Artley/Conn/CoinArt.  Never gave up playing. Had a house band, dixieland, at a steakhouse in Tucson for 25years

Oldtimer

not everything is/was expensive when I lived on Kauai. Stay away from the grocery. Eat rice. Forget about spuds, unless you are feeling flush. Eat local. Bananas, papayas, oranges, mango, avos are free. Fish is cheap.  I spent a LOT of time at the beach.  Usually with a fishing pole in hand. Whipping the shorebreak with light freshwater gear and 6lb test. I was bluewater once a week as I got to know folks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Bananas, papayas, oranges, mango, avos are free. Fish is cheap. 

Not in Honolulu.  Knowing a local fisherman is definitely a good thing.  beware though because sewage spills into the ocean are a regular occurrence these days.  I'm tellin ya, it's not like it used to be.  I've been there for the last 30 years, it's not the same as it was then.

• Sad 1