Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Stopped going to barber shops when a teenager. Found and usually kept beauticians and trained them about my hair.. Had one shag type cut in 72 in Kansas City,Ka. Looked like a hoople and was far easier to manage. Even had a straightener put in one time for some reason. 

Fast forward to for the last oh, 25 years, a DIY'er with the help of women.(I trust women with my hair). LF at times past was always willing to help with the length and the ever growing neck hair. Lately, she has been falling down on the job so, looks like the only way I can get my neck hair done is to grow it out long and put it in my tail. BTW, the ponytail is my secret to the "bob" cut. Just one cut across just below the hairband and I am good to go, for abit anyway. And, since my move to Tally for a short while, got back into some beard, goatee, stache and those other below the lower lip V hair styles I first remember seeing on Zappa and, in Texas. So, have not mastered the mirror cut from the front to back but, guess LF is fed up with the hair thing. Time

to give her a verbal haircut.(kidding)

LOLOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One time Tarheel, I was on back of an older Panasonic receiver and accidentally(or on purpose )hooked the phonos to the MC instead of the MM and found a whole lot of volume there. Mismatched impedence yet, it was surprising to my novel experiences.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

consider yourself lucky -- i got 20% in one ear and about 35% in the other. good thing my amp goes to 11.

And I'm not really complaining too much.  The old gents (my age) that I eat breakfast with every Friday morning can't hear a thing.  I'm fortunate.  I would like to have a hearing test though to see how much I have lost with time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

When i got my hearing aids (2012), i’d been hard of hearing for a decade.  My boss asked me, “why didn’t you get them sooner?”  I told him, “I’ve never met anyone that i cared what they had to say.”   But, within the first two weeks of getting them, I met both Rhona Mitra and Brian May (not together; but events one week apart) and was able to carry on a conversation with each of them.  I told myself that i would never complain about how much they cost after that. 

that's the only thing that gets hard....

when you get old.....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

when you get old.....

i think they made an error on my birth certificate ... no way that i feel my age ... or act my age.  My crowning achievement in life thus far ... that I’ve never grown up. 

Maturity is overrated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i think they made an error on my birth certificate ... no way that i feel my age ... or act my age.  My crowning achievement in life thus far ... that I’ve never grown up. 

Maturity is overrated.

The Curious Case of Bigstewman 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks billybob.  Been listening to some vinyl (Tom Waits-One From The Heart) great recording and then a Randy Travis album.  One CD Keb Mo-Keep It Simple.  Sounding good even with 90% hearing in one ear.

Always seems strange that I turn the volume to "9" on the CD player and to "20" on the phono.  Different output I guess:mellow:

I remember seeing a feature, I believe they called an attenuater [?] where you change the input sensitivity to lessen that. My cd player is much louder that the tv input.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Maturity is overrated.

Like a brother from another mother.:emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I actually have that disease.  I didn’t see the movie so i’m not sure how I’m going to end up.

We are going to all end up the same way, nobody gets out alive.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I usually never say things are impossible, people always surprise me, not always in a good way but I have seen some amazing things.

I surely wouldn't say if you said hold my beer, that rarely works out well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2