Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i had a rough night as well ... my heart started tripping out real bad at 1:10am -- at one point, i honestly started thinking that i was about to have a heart attack.  So, i got up and took an Ativan (anxiety pill), said a prayer and then went to sleep. I figured that if i was going to have a heart attack, i’d rather it happen when i’m asleep and hopefully i just wouldn’t wake up.  I agree with what Woody Allen said, “I’m not afraid of dying, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.”   I get a cardiac monitor Tuesday, so they’ll be able to tell how often my heart rhythm is off and if anything needs to be done.  So far, cardiologist has said it’s benign; but, it’s been two years since my heart has been checked out, so we’re checking to ensure that the condition hasn’t progressed to something requiring attention.  I take medicine for it; but, perhaps the meds don’t work anymore?

Good luck, and let us know...

• Like 4

y'all make me feel sorta, like healthy..

My back isn't life endangering.... just bloody inconvenient.   If it goes real sour, I'm just crawling around the house. I carry a stick/cane. Don't tease about the sarong ... I'll kneecap ya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Carl...tell me about performance tuning chips.  Worth while?

It depends.  Some can tear a motor up and the ones that are done right work well.  Turbo motors benefit the most but gains can be had from NA motors as well, just not as much.  PM me or post a link to which one you're looking at.  I've also found that vehicle specific forums are a great source of information.  You have people with no vested interest (normally) that try products and report results. I put software in my car when I first bought it about 6 years ago.  It has a performance setting and economy setting.  Both settings work well and the performance setting gives a very noticeable bump in HP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being in NC you should have plenty of specialty engine tuners in the vicinity, 'Heel. The right guys can be wizards manipulating the cars stock computer. My stepsons best friend works at Pro Charger here in KC and is one of these wizards. He performs the final tune parameters for various Pro Charger installs. People come from all around for him to tune their motors. Works especially well with overhead cam motors that have the ability to electronically adjust cam timings. (variable valve timing) He can make a Ford Coyote 5 Liter perform over its manufacturing head. Although my car is an old fashioned push rod engine, no variable valve timing, there are ways in increase timing, torque, HP curves, etc. And while my need for more power is questioable I asked if would perform some magic with my car. All I got was a blank stare and a chuckle ---- ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the newer cars will benefit more than the older ones is in the transmission. The tuner can change shift points also to benefit with the HP increase.

Carl's suggestion about your specific car forum is probably the best route for info. A local speed shop that depends on happy customers is a good way to go if you don't want to do the work yourself.

@Tarheel.....is this for your Bubble or the Bimmer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The only chips in the car in my avatar were of the potato variety, which meant the Buick 3.5L aluminum V8 had two types of carbs available; one from Carter and others from Lays..

Should we assume the Buick V8 used a Lays 4-barrel ?? Atop a Cheetos hi-rise ?!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Well weed abatement chores got started this past weekend. Next 2 to 3 months spraying, whacking, hoeing, pulling... whatever it takes. I get the pilgrimage weekend off though:P

As you know Rodney has plenty of weeds and such to practice with -- hate to see you lose your stroke - ?!?

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Well weed abatement chores got started this past weekend. Next 2 to 3 months spraying, whacking, hoeing, pulling... whatever it takes. I get the pilgrimage weekend off though:P

Sounds like alot of work, I only spray every couple of weeks no way I'm going to pull them, to far to bend over.

• Haha 1