Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

when I tell folks I am weeding, they ask, "Putting or taking?"

Back in the day I always wondered why so many were pre-occupied with keeping ditches weed free?! Not only was that well before the environmental movement but they always seems to have a supply of Zig Zags' close at hand --?!?!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Too much of a fire hazard here to just let things go. It is what it is.

Seems you Left Coasters can't win. Keep the brush trimmed back to minimize the fire hazard that then leaves the ground bare for mud slides? All kidding aside, that kind of leaves you between a rock and hard place -- 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

regular doc didn’t say ... i think, since the PVCs were diagnosed elsewhere and a few years ago, they want to reevaluate the situation to see if this is still the common benign PVC or if it has progressed into something requiring attention, thus the referral to cardiology for an evaluation. 

PVCs, more than 6 in a minute, got me rejected at a Red Cross double reds donation.  A bicycle stress test seemed to satisfy the docs.  The PVCs went away during exercise, which was what they wanted to see.

A bicycle stress test was needed due to a 70s waterskiing accident that resulted in complete perineal nerve palsy from the right knee down.  But for a posterior tibial tendon transfer, I would have 100% foot drop.  Treadmills and I don’t get along.

Good luck with your PVCs Steve.  Let’s compare notes at Tip-A-Few this summer.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

When the land goes away there is nothing to build on.

Conversely, when the lava flows over the land, most aren't foolish enough to build again.

.... but

we are talking about California.  Common sense is not a hot commodity there. Those folks will challenge the laws of physics.

• Haha 1

Good morning from Southeast Michigan on a rainy spring day.

Chuck @Tarheel posted this in my NCAA basketball thread.  I emailed it to my internist, who is a Stooges fan and Wolverine alum and fan.  He loved it.  If you don’t have a doctor you can share this sort of thing with, find another doctor.

81B38777-2C26-47CC-8E8F-FC48A01F4043.jpeg

• Like 4