Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll be going Wednesday with my wife and daughter so we can help get ready. 

One thing we can do for sure is figure out where to hang some banners, it's up to us Rodney does not care. (I bring rope for this)

Also maby sticking the cards in the badges on the lanyards, if the printer is late getting them to us and maby little things like that?

I know I also have a couple dozen plaques to hang in the museum also, talked with Jim last week and he showed me where they will go, I left it up to him, he's a little particular about that building and I didn't care as long as they were somewhere.

No way of knowing if Rodney will need any help until we get there, you just never know with Rodney but the place was in good shape last week.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

One thing we can do for sure is figure out where to hang some banners, it's up to us Rodney does not care. (I bring rope for this)

Also maby sticking the cards in the badges on the lanyards, if the printer is late getting them to us and maby little things like that?

We'll do whatever you need.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We'll do whatever you need.

I was going to say the same thing :lol: Well thank you, we will see when we get there but those were the only things I could think of, but i'm sure they will be something.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Nice to see such a cooperative effort to making this get together happen.  Y'all are a good bunch. 

Don't tell anyone it will give us a good reputation.

Really when this thing is going on everyone is willing to do whatever is needed.  It's a very friendly group and easy to walk up to anyone and talk with them. But a little strange because everyone you talk with has at least one common hobby, normally it's hard to find people with this hobby in everyday life.

For anyone going for the first time the biggest surprise is no one looks like you imagine, well except the ones you have seen a pic of, duh. :lol: But everyone will have a lanyard with there forum name and real name, you talk to someone then look down and see there name, then you get it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, dtel said:

. . . normally it's hard to find people with this hobby in everyday life.

Ain’t that the truth.  How many times has someone asked you a question about audio, causing you to misunderstand and think they might actually be interested in your answer, only to watch their eyes glaze over?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I bet you [all] would recognize me ... an unwound q-tip wearing a sarong...

and it can't be un-seen

I've been to a few "gatherings"...  Had a meet-n-greet in Australia with my R/C friends.  A bunch of half potted "drone" pilots...  

"Hey, Watch this!" 

wish I was able to attend. This sounds like a hoot!.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I bet you [all] would recognize me ... an unwound q-tip wearing a sarong...

and it can't be un-seen

I've been to a few "gatherings"...  Had a meet-n-greet in Australia with my R/C friends.  A bunch of half potted "drone" pilots...  

"Hey, Watch this!" 

wish I was able to attend. This sounds like a hoot!.

Wish you could also I would bet money there would only be ONE person in a sarong, I can see it now, you go to sit down and everyone quickly looks the other way. :o:D

• Like 2

I'm not that tall and it ain't that short. I do a certain amt of modesty ... or used to

One day  a gal was asking how I had it wound to stay up ... I took it off ... she about croaked before she noticed I was wearing a swimsuit under it... 

• Haha 2