The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

I was half contemplating making the trip.  Things are a little chaotic around here. 

Wife is still working. We have the kid on weekends. For 3 weeks... this is.   Wife get off work in a couple weeks. Just a little too late....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Had to dip into the “In case of emergency break glass” stash.  The boutique 1850 Black Gold by Folgers is OK.  Seems more marketing than product.  FYI, the soup can vase is a decoration from the wife’s book club, where the protagonist in the subject book put flowers in soup cans.

Last night we went to Stars On Ice at the new Little Caesars Arena.  The tickets were complimentary from our son who works at LCA.  Watching figure skating is not my favorite Saturday night pastime, but the wife enjoyed it, and seeing the new LCA, with a tour guided by our son, who could take us anywhere, was fun.  Seeing the behind the scenes Detroit Redwings facilities was a treat, and, actually the skating was entertaining. Watching top level athletes, even in sports you don’t follow, can be entertaining.  Could use some barrel jumping, though to maintain interest.  :rolleyes:

On a note pertinent to this forum, the sound was abysmal.  Way too much boomy bass, coupled with an inability to understand the dialogue.  The music accompaniments were poor also.

I wonder what the sound quality is like for the concerts.  Perhaps I’ll find out next month, as the wife wants to go to Hall & Oates.  I guess that would be better than figure skating . . . even without barrel jumping.

D1532544-45F7-4228-942E-EEA3134E586D.jpeg

• Like 3

With any luck it will sound better, most bands bring there own sound people. But it will still be a tossup, some arenas sound good and some can not be helped it seems. The one that sounds good here is oval shaped, the super dome being somewhat round is terrible, even the stones music people couldn't make it sound good.

The bigger old theaters here have a good sound with balcony's but being made for theater maby a little care was used for acoustics ?

Classic vase

• Like 1

Kentucky Derby and Cinco De Mayo fall on the same date:mellow:  May have to wear a big Mexican hat loaded with flowers and bows at LF's little throw down.  Her sister lives in Saratoga Springs and is placing bets for the five couples coming over.  I will be bar tending and fixing Mint Juleps for 12.

After that I think I'll give my liver a break for a bit.........

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I'm not good with Spanish,  is this it ?

cinco-de-mayo-funny-pics5.jpg

• Haha 4

On 4/27/2018 at 3:23 PM, richieb said:

--- and boots - the shite will be deep at Rodney's --- 

Only been once, last year. I don't get it, what am I missing?:huh:

• Confused 2

Just catching up today...was off work (well at least from my paying job) on Friday and working around the homestead. Mainly incommunicado. The good news is over the last couple days I got the Jubilees hooked up and making sound:D. They are not in their final positions and the cabling is still a jumble but at least progress.  Man o man those 402 horns sure have beautiful sound to them and such a big soundstage. I'll post some pics in a different thread. Later.

Anyway just reading over the last couple days posts and I want to say the better half and I will be arriving in Texarkana Wednesday evening and should be in Hope noonish on Thursday. @dtel's wife, @dtel, @CECAA850 we will be available to help in anyway we can.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, dtel said:

I'm not good with Spanish,  is this it ?

cinco-de-mayo-funny-pics5.jpg

--- Yikes! That ain't even Mayo ?! and with you being a good southerner isn't a bottle of Dukes more appropriate ?!?

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, babadono said:

Only been once, last year. I don't get it, what am I missing?:huh:

-- spend more time around Jimbo, you'll understand -??!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, babadono said:

Just catching up today...was off work (well at least from my paying job) on Friday and working around the homestead. Mainly incommunicado. The good news is over the last couple days I got the Jubilees hooked up and making sound:D. They are not in their final positions and the cabling is still a jumble but at least progress.  Man o man those 402 horns sure have beautiful sound to them and such a big soundstage. I'll post some pics in a different thread. Later.

Anyway just reading over the last couple days posts and I want to say the better half and I will be arriving in Texarkana Wednesday evening and should be in Hope noonish on Thursday. @dtel's wife, @dtel, @CECAA850 we will be available to help in anyway we can.

I hear Carl needs help with his slushies:mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

That's ur bailiwick:)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Correct.  Supply and demand principal.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So did we come up with volunteers for the martini bar @CECAA850  That bar is now world famous. I know of at least a few people that are anxiously awaiting one of those famous drinks!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richieb said:

-- Yikes! That ain't even Mayo ?! and with you being a good southerner isn't a bottle of Dukes more appropriate ?!?

Every day of the week, Miracle Whip is not mayo it's nasty, closer to sandwich lube with all the flavor of Pennzoil.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

So did we come up with volunteers for the martini bar @CECAA850  That bar is now world famous. I know of at least a few people that are anxiously awaiting one of those famous drinks!  

No one has stepped up as far as I know.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Maby one of these, or the second picture the redneck version.

th.jpg

th,.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No one has stepped up as far as I know.

When the well dries up they will be willing to shake.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

Every day of the week, Miracle Whip is not mayo it's nasty, closer to sandwich lube with all the flavor of Pennzoil.

-- not doubting your taste in motor oil, all kidding aside, I have known more than one gearhead that actually do taste motor oil. You know the old commercial - a little dab'll do ya ?! They would put a drop on their finger to see if a new formulation was actually that - new. 

• Like 1

Never was that big of a gearhead, never thought of tasting it, although it might be better than Miracle whip, wouldn't take much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Your school principal had principles. Damn auto-correct strikes again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1