Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

And Jimbo would know.  Heck he even likes slushies!

Honestly, I think the last time I had any MD 20/20 was probably 1972.  After that, moved on to the much higher quality Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

gotta leave the property today. A big adventure.  GreenValley. Walmart... Much rather go to the Safeway. The clientele are easier to take.

Well Walmart, better put on your best sarong :lol: If you do you might end up that website, people of walmart.

Better get a better coffee pot, it will shock the wife when she gets normal coffee for a change.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Honestly, I think the last time I had any MD 20/20 was probably 1972.  After that, moved on to the much higher quality Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

--- oh Wow - we will have a Master Sommelier at Rodney's ?! But please, at least wear a tie with your Arkansas tuxedo (overalls) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Made the trip. Wind is howling

they had a couple machine to pick from...

Black and Decker

CoffeeNinja

Cuisinart

This sipper pot is a B&D. Pass on their food oriented machine. Maybe a drill or... not food related items

Coffee Ninja spent tooo much money selling their product

Cuisinart came home.  

whata ya expect from wally

Aside from it being cool, I wore my bib overalls.I opted away from the sarong.

Being known among weirdos of walmart on TV is not my aim in life.   I'm shooting way higher..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Being known among weirdos of walmart on TV is not my aim in life.   I'm shooting way higher..

Yes, Save your  15 minutes of fame for somewhere else. I am...

What's the word?

Thunderbird!

What's the price?

One dollar twice!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- oh Wow - we will have a Master Sommelier at Rodney's ?! But please, at least wear a tie with your Arkansas tuxedo (overalls) 

Closer than you might think......

I'll bet you had to look up the spelling of that.....

• Like 2

There was bottles of Mardi Gras Pineapple wine back then for $2 per bottle...not bad.

It was Ripple and Boones Farm as well for the times were popular all over. Chianti

won out at times with dinner. Oh, the good old days of summer. Crazy lazy days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Good ole Mad Dog, I was more of a Strawberry Hill guy myself.

• Like 4

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

This sipper pot is a B&D. Pass on their food oriented machine. Maybe a drill or... not food related items

You did good, even there tools are junk, they we OK at one time and went downhill.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Smart, save the sarong for when you want to really stand out, it's hard to stand out in walmart with the normal crazies.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, billybob said:

There was bottles of Mardi Gras Pineapple wine back then for $2 per bottle...not bad.

It was Ripple and Boones Farm as well for the times were popular all over. Chianti

won out at times with dinner. Oh, the good old days of summer. Crazy lazy days.

I remember Sangria, there was a place we liked that sold it by the pitcher with oranges and other fruit in it, pretty good really.

35 minutes ago, billybob said:

Never seen that but would have tried it.

Tried some Pineapple shine last week with chunks of Pineapple in it, very good, the fruit alone would be enough to do you in.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I remember Sangria, there was a place we liked that sold it by the pitcher with oranges and other fruit in it, pretty good really.

Well made Sangria is actually very popular these days, and it can definitely sneak up on you if you're not careful....

• Like 2

Yes it 

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never seen that but would have tried it.

Tried some Pineapple shine last week with chunks of Pineapple in it, very good, the fruit alone would be enough to do you in.

Lol,  a sister in law or two when together watching us around the fire with a beer would drink some Sangria. Like the taste alright. When older got into drinking some finer wine with the in-laws. It was expensive French he bought by the case. Got into drinking French Champagne and collecting the bottles as they were quite attractive to me. Name brands. Wife at the time was good for 1 glass. I was good for the rest. Cannot recall the brands now from a California(sparkling maker(Schramsberg) which was quite excellent. Read extensively about the region around Paris. Collected tulip and saucer glasses. Went to the Wine&Cheese Cellar local and on and etc...Still remember quite a lot. Like a good Amontillado fairly recently for our vacations, beach trips.

Guess the truth is, I started drinking wine and loving it more and more. Times changed and went back to beer, all beer, cheap, high priced, homebrew.

Fact is, have said more than intended and am not too proud to drink anything with anyone who were to offer as, I can relate to all people, anywhere, I have ever been. Educated or otherwise. Rich or poor. Have had a good life and do not wish to offend anyone whose paths I should cross. Not going to cull any friendly invites.

Now as to shine. I like it with a beer chaser. Have had it on a few occasions.Was surprised to find it legal in some places when I went to the mountains for vacations for a couple of recent years. in the summertime for the 4th. Was amazed at all the flavors. Just absolutely love the weather at high elevations. Pineapple....mmm sounds gooooood.

Nowadays, less is more for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had a Cuisiart for 8 years and it was used when I got it -- no carafe.

Then I got the GE and it lasted lasted 2.

2 yr might be the new planned obsolescence time now. Part of the throw away ...

I'll just stop before I go bye bye on a rant

@billybob

sounds like you ran similar circles to me. Sangria... Let's see ... "JungleJuice" parties

2 cans of HawaiianPunch in a garbage can mixed with whatever came in the door

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Closer than you might think......

I'll bet you had to look up the spelling of that.....

--- wrong - start out s-o m-m-e-l and spell check takes care of the rest ---  

and I won several spelling bees in the second and third grade - so there --- 

• Like 3

WillyBob, I was starting to go on a tangent again. Yes punch like *Elden was describing, it sounded like. And then someone would spike it with Everclear, lol.

Was  thinking, age and location although different, people are the same all over. Generalization...Did I mention I like corn, rye, scotch good whiskey, gin, vodka and a good aperitif ...lol! Well I won't mention it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

After 18 months buy another one as the life expectancy is around 2 years, at least it was for the last 2 I had.

this "system" lasts forever, and is wayyyyyy better, and wayyyyy cheaper....

melitta_2_back.jpg

• Like 3