Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

At least I refrained from a similar comment about such a p****y beverage...

Whaaa?

Strong coffee: 5 rounded tbsp 100% Jamaican Blue Mtn. for 32oz water.

Refuse to throw that pricey stuff out, so if there's any left add milk or ice cream since we don't normally keep cream here. 

suit yourself

I like it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It melts and looks kinda like one of those fancy-pants coffee shop lattes:P

Over the weekend I had a couple of those bulletproof coffees that included some MCT oil. One thing for sure it positively suppresses your appetite.  Been using MCT oil for about 3 weeks and it has helped me cut back on eating without being hungry, no more than 3 tsp per day of the oil. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if you add an equal amount of butter or better yet Ghee to your Bulletproof coffee you will find that you will become more alert sooner.The butter has some shorter chain triglycerides which enter the brain like the medium chain ones do as shorter chains they are broken down and used faster than the medioum chin MCT and so you get energy sooner. The Bulletproof coffee not only makes a fine breakfast replacement but if you make a hot milk with butter and MCT oil 30 minutes before bed time you will find that you not only sleep better but that you will remember your dreams much better. Your brain has a lot to do while you sleep and the energy provided by the oils is just what it needs. On top of all these benefits the oils set your body to burn stored fats (the short and medium chain triglycerides are not stored as fat but are converted and burned as glucose). This is a great way to enhance mental clarity but also to loose weight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I know your right because that's all the same as what I have read and felt. I didn't know about the effects at night, we have been also adding some ghee butter when at home, between the MCT oil and Ghee butter, to me it's better than any vitamin I have ever tried and is helping with appetite suppressant and losing weight. At the same time eliminating carbs, quit sugar a good while back.

With just these things I am feeling better, lost #13 in 3 weeks and it's nothing but adding to coffee or something else and no carbs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I know your right because that's all the same as what I have read and felt. I didn't know about the effects at night, we have been also adding some ghee butter when at home, between the MCT oil and Ghee butter, to me it's better than any vitamin I have ever tried and is helping with appetite suppressant and losing weight. At the same time eliminating carbs, quit sugar a good while back.

With just these things I am feeling better, lost #13 in 3 weeks and it's nothing but adding to coffee or something else and no carbs.

I have experience exactly the same appetite suppression that you mentioned, I can easily go 4 - 5  hours and not feel hungry after my morning Bulletproof coffee. Carbs are my mainstay but you need to eat complex carbs and not processed carbs (pasta bread white rice etc). Even rolled oats are far less complex than wholes ones cooked into oatmeal. good for you to find out about this excellent form of energy and fat burning. I have gotten back to eating a small Avocado most days and I try to get an apple in most days as well.

There is much new research on the benefits of temporary fasting all you have to do to get all the benefits is to reduce your intake for five days in a row and even if you do not change your diet for the remainder of the month you still get full health benefit. You would reduce your fasting intake to around 600 calories a day. I will look to find some links for you, the information is impressive to say the least.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dtel said:
6 hours ago, moray james said:

You would reduce your fasting intake to around 600 calories a day.

I haven't been fasting, on purpose anyway just alot less hungry so I just tend to eat less.

13063382_10153458190411524_1263029151233

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

To much h20....

With the bad stuff filtered out it takes less sugar, less coffee, less tea, less salt, hambones in cooking.

Plus the ratio I had is about a tbsp per 5oz.

You might like it too bud!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

With the bad stuff filtered out it takes less sugar, less coffee, less tea, less salt, hambones in cooking.

Plus the ratio I had is about a tbsp per 5oz.

You might like it too bud!

lmao I bet you never thought you would have to defend consuming a beverage on an audio forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

lmao I bet you never thought you would have to defend consuming a beverage on an audio forum.

D*mn Straight!

And if you had been right here when you uttered those fighting words... 💥

• Like 1
  • Haha 2