The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

32 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

bag of organic Mexican

• Like 1

Due to in progress kitchen remodel, the BUNN is in a spare bedroom and water comes from the bath.  Cooking is confined to a toaster oven and microwave.  This indoor camping is getting old.

When I start feeling putout by the temporary lack of a kitchen sink, I’m reminded of those whose access to clean potable water is much more arduous.

B6F64701-F2B1-4166-9A8A-FB3CA388F0F4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== speak English, please —

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wow. Thunder and lightning(and rain of course) last night. First time in a while around these parts. Still intermittent drizzle this AM, like we're living in a cloud:) Doesn't look like we had much damage Thank God. The more work we do around the homestead the better we fare.:emotion-44:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Bless your heart.

Thank you sir, I invested $32 on the last bottle they had... I hope it's the correct issue... now thinking, what can I make with this, besides spiked hash browns.... tomorrow, of course... when 5:00 rolled around a little while ago, it was time to pull the dang red wrapper off a bottle of Makers Mark and put 4 oz in a glass full of ice...

DSC01880.JPG

• Like 3

23 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Cooking is confined to a toaster oven and microwave.

No grill or smoker?  That seems extremely confusing.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No grill or smoker?  That seems extremely confusing.

Couldn't handle THAT.

Finishing off the pot o' Joe awaiting the sun so I can finish the painting chore. With possible re-location coming up the wife demanded a fresh interior and carpet.Took a week off to do her bidding. While replacing the a/c vents I found one flexible duct with what might be mold or mildew (coldest / dampest outlet); we'll see after a $750 test is performed Tuesday. I just can't wait to see price of remediation if positive for bad stuff.

Underwent a 2 hour inquisition on Thursday related to the position in Greece. Losing out on the Hazelwood Act (150 hours tuition and fees free) for my son's college if I depart Tejas will be costly so the employer would have to dip into the bank to make it worthwhile.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, windashine said:

Thank you sir, I invested $32 on the last bottle they had... I hope it's the correct issue... now thinking, what can I make with this, besides spiked hash browns.... tomorrow, of course... when 5:00 rolled around a little while ago, it was time to pull the dang red wrapper off a bottle of Makers Mark and put 4 oz in a glass full of ice...

I'll probably open mine tonight.  Yesterday was beer at an Octoberfest then outside tunes and bourbon once we got home.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, windashine said:

DSC01880.JPG

Interesting Khorn top hats!

* Is the wooden horn from the 50s?  or a Volti setup?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The folks not at church realized I like to get funky sometimes today.

Air was cool, couple of windows open to get the flounder smell out and Rufus came on:

@320 Mbps (McIntosh channel) it got cranked UP!

Memories..... She could belt it out, and the funk is heavy in this song!!

• Like 4

Wife doesn't like Tarkus .... but does like KarnEvil9

She does enjoy Keith Emerson on piano... for the most part.

• Like 3

Mine likes Tarkus.  We listened to it on our first date.  That was my first big clue she was a keeper.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The folks not at church realized I like to get funky sometimes today.

Air was cool, couple of windows open to get the flounder smell out and Rufus came on:

@320 Mbps (McIntosh channel) it got cranked UP!

Memories..... She could belt it out, and the funk is heavy in this song!!

If you want true respect crank out the Pfunk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don't need nuttin' but beef & potatos, coffee and shelter!

Actually saw them once when they had that spaceship show setup. George was a force.

Not the whole show but a good part of it back when the schools had been segregated for a while but most of life wasn't.

Folks were nice and the couple of songs I recognized they knew I couldn't dance worth a crap but I was diggin' it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2