The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

I need to watch for that, thanks

I did see a documentary on Bob M once but it's been a long time, don't remember much of it.

Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer formed the band that later  Bob Marley joined and helped make famous. 

All the Tosh and Bunny stuff covered in the show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rplace said:

The Catch a Fire 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rplace said:

All the Tosh and Bunny stuff covered in the show.

I would like a disc of that, need to look for it. Thanks

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

I need to watch for that, thanks

I did see a documentary on Bob M once but it's been a long time, don't remember much of it.

Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer formed the band that later  Bob Marley joined and helped make famous. 

The Bob Marley documentary Who Shot the Sherrif is on Netflix right now, it's very good.

Very good background into Jamaica during the 70s, politics, etc.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2018 at 9:30 AM, Ceptorman said:

Whatsup Mark?

Just doing my thing...

The BOSS and I are wrapping her parents estate. It's been very tough on her. I feel helpless at times. So much red tape and :pwk_bs:... but we do have a fantastic real estate agent... never seen an agent do eveything she has done to help us.

got our 1st cord of wood delivered yesterday. Our neighbors( The young couple) hook us up for wood.

Yea it's getting cold.. 

Trying to get back into training and working on my Honda CRX....

Check back later...

MKP 🙂

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Check back later...

Good to see you posting regularly again Mark.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Just doing my thing...

The BOSS and I are wrapping her parents estate. It's been very tough on her. I feel helpless at times. So much red tape and :pwk_bs:... but we do have a fantastic real estate agent... never seen an agent do eveything she has done to help us.

got our 1st cord of wood delivered yesterday. Our neighbors( The young couple) hook us up for wood.

Yea it's getting cold.. 

Check back later...

MKP 🙂

Yep....ole man winter will be here soon. 

When I first read your post I thought it said working on my CBX, I thought cool bike, then I noticed CRX.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Just doing my thing...

Yea it's getting cold.. 

Check back later...

MKP 🙂

Tell the Boss were thinking about you two, it's alot to go through, losing her than all the BS that comes afterward.

Need to get more wood here also, in the next few weeks anyway, you get colder quicker than we do for sure. Wood burning heater, It's the only heat we have but plenty enough to run you out of here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

cb7b30bf6216833dce2eba6fd17b0376--friday-memes-funny-friday.jpg

What so happy about it...

just in from work... 14 hours 

Now I'm having coffee..!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

just in from work... 14 hours 

Now I'm having coffee..!

That's what is happy about it, it's alot better than just going to work for 14 hours even with coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

that sounds like my wife. She WANTS a cup of coffee when she gets home. She claims the Folgr's is OK ... but, appreciates some good mud at home.

Been toying around with placement of the Scalas.. Any "static" settings for how far apart they should be,when the listening position is roughly 6 feet in front of the plane of the speaker fronts? Toe in plays into the equation, too. I can get them as close as 3 feet from a "corner" on a 25 foot wall. The room is narrow. 12 feet X 25 feet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

The room is narrow. 12 feet X 25 feet.

Sooooo, you're sitting 6' in front of them now and wanting slammed into the rear wall, which is 19' away?  Turn it UP and get back to us with the results!  Personally I think you can travel that far IF ya get a lil air current movin in that direction.  Just say NO to "wind shears!"  Remember though w/o pictures it didn't happen!  :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Just say NO to "wind shears!

Funny you said that it reminded me of playing the yard speakers outside. I cranked it up and walked out to see how far I could go and still hear everything. I got to the side of the property which is 500' from where the speakers were and it sounded fine, you could hear everything.

Then the wind blew and 90% of the sound went away leaving only a little bass, I had never experienced this before. It was cool in a way, I guess the wind blew the sound waves off to the side or just disrupted them to leave no sound.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dtel said:

Then the wind blew and 90% of the sound went away leaving only a little bass, I had never experienced this before. It was cool in a way, I guess the wind blew the sound waves off to the side or just disrupted them to leave no sound.

ALWAYS remember SAFETY FIRST in a 12' wide room!!!  😭 😂

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

ALWAYS remember SAFETY FIRST in a 12' wide room!!!  😭 😂

And whatever you do don't slip with the volume knob, you really can scare yourself when not expecting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

HaHaHa

I pushed it up to 1 o'clock.  That was plenty 

I think we will do that when the wife isn't around ... or for NewYears, 4th of July

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

HaHaHa

I pushed it up to 1 o'clock.  That was plenty 

I think we will do that when the wife isn't around ... or for NewYears, 4th of July

Use Pink Floyd time... When you need to wake up your wife...

Turn it up to 2o'clock......

no it's time for some coffee

• Like 3
  • Haha 1