Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks Mike.  I think I read/listened to all reviews prior to pulling the trigger.  They are sitting in my bedroom, covered, with a blanket, ready to make their debut.  My buds, bluesboy and Keith McGowan have also been making system changes so it should be fun comparing notes (even if it is by phone).

I have the solid state ATI @150wpc and the tubed Horn Monos @25wpc so one should sound magical.......

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

This week should be fun.  Painters are coming bright and early Monday morning to paint the music room.  Everything is pulled to the center of the room to access the walls.  Tuesday morning will be vacuuming, dusting, uncovering the gear and putting it into place.

Tuesday afternoon I will hook up the new to me ATI 1502 to the new to me Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers  (sounds like a Porsche huh).

Fiddle about with proper placement, mix a drink, and sit back and listen a bit.........

Sounds like fun.........all but the paint part.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

This week should be fun.  Painters are coming bright and early Monday morning to paint the music room.  Everything is pulled to the center of the room to access the walls.  Tuesday morning will be vacuuming, dusting, uncovering the gear and putting it into place.

Tuesday afternoon I will hook up the new to me ATI 1502 to the new to me Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers  (sounds like a Porsche huh).

Fiddle about with proper placement, mix a drink, and sit back and listen a bit.........

Remember a few golden rules:

Fiddle less, listen more!

Fiddle less, drink more!

Key is.....less  fiddle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks Mike.  I think I read/listened to all reviews prior to pulling the trigger.  They are sitting in my bedroom, covered, with a blanket, ready to make their debut.  My buds, bluesboy and Keith McGowan have also been making system changes so it should be fun comparing notes (even if it is by phone).

I have the solid state ATI @150wpc and the tubed Horn Monos @25wpc so one should sound magical.......

curiosity just killed the cat...

and I just informed myself..

of your new set-up....

and waiting for your personal review...

• Like 1

Now I know what you were up to!

Those Spatials are beauties @Tarheel, modern art.

Hope you enjoy the placement challenges of this different kind of speaker? Going three feet out like in the longer video?

Got an air compressor to keep the backsides clean?

• Like 1

The dedicated music room is 16'x 23'x9'.  The LS/Altecs are centered and slightly toe in on the long wall facing the sofa.  The RP-280 F's are centered on the short wall in front of the gear facing two comfy arm chairs.  The McIntosh ML-1Cs don't get play time but serves as end tables next to sofa.  The freebie EPI 202s have never been hooked up so of course I needed set #5😐

Thinking of putting the M3s where the 280Fs are and moving the 280s to the corners for now.  3' from the side walls.......10' apart.....and 10' from the comfy chairs.  Adjust as needed.

And yes Mike....A Man Needs a Maid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

also needed coffee

Hot-banner-5.png

ABOUT

WHAT IS STIFF BULL GOLD COFFEE?

Stiff Bull Gold Coffee contains a propriety blend of ingredients such as – Tongkat Ali, Maca Root, and Guarani.

These Herbs grow wild in the jungles of Malaysia and have been used for centuries by the people of Asia and South America to greatly improve sexual health, libido, and overall wellness.

The combination of these ingredients produces an awesome effect that can last up to 2 – 3 days.

• Like 2

Seen that script before Chuck, probably could use some right now.

It's nasty over here today, heavy wet snow started last night around 10:30 right before I went to bed, (was up since 3 am yesterday) but all the rain earlier in the day kept most of it from sticking plus it was too warm. Lots of sleet and freezing rain this morning, more of that stuck than the snow did. And it's been hovering right at and above freezing.

All told about four inches after three days of warning, WARNING, end of the world is coming Will Robinson. Ppffttt...... I looked at the radar maps and the surface analysis and knew we were getting slush yesterday morning `cause the moisture from the gulf was too close to us.

So it's been melting and the power went out for a couple of hours, we battened down, closed the interior doors cranked up the gas stove and were getting ready to play kangaroo rummy when the electrons started flowing again.

40s tomorrow Yeeaaah!

MVIMG-20181209-160411.jpg 

IMG-20181209-160335.jpg

Should have taken that pic hours ago, it's half gone now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

My aunt and uncle in Reidsville got about 10" of fine powder there he says, it was ending there about a half hour ago when I talked to them. Mostly sleet here this time.

Those speakers have a full bass sound in those videos I saw earlier that came across on my pc with the bookshelf speakers. You'll get the punch from your LS and the down low from those pretty Spatials!

• Like 3