The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

22 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Clocks in and goes to make a pot of coffee...  

… o O (squeegee is ready, commence..)

wave-3095170__480.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, dtel said:

I have no idea, it was just an engine in the shop he and my uncle had, I was pretty young. It was an aircraft repair shop, small planes, and helicopters and when things were slow they built frames for dragsters.  This was so long ago it was when you sat behind the engine with your legs around the bellhousing pretty much. 

He kept this engine for years for some reason, he asked me later if I wanted it. I was very young and was playing with Volkswagens and 2 seater sports cars, right at the perfect time for muscle cars and with all the help I could have wanted, I messed up badly. But they did help me with my little cars. 

Chev's 409 would be an expensive engine to build and run. They didn't make many as it was not a big block like the later 396, nor a small block like the existing Chevrolet small block developed originally for the Corvette. With twisty roads 2 seater sports cars are more fun to drive fast too.

Wb

• Like 2

They were just more fun to drive to me. My first car was a bug, my dad got 4-5 and a van from a friend and told me if I wanted a car make one from these. The painter from the airport painted it for me I picked Corvette blue metallic from the paint book, it later caught on fire from a loose fuel line and then painted bright yellow, don't know why ?

At 16 it was a great deal but later I went over to the 2 seaters after buying a girlfriend's dads car, he raced in SCCA and I was hooked.

Now I don't care what we have as long as it gets me where we're going, but if I had a fun car to drive it might be different. 

• Like 2

My first car was a Triumph TR-3.  It was slow but it didn't handle well😐

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

They were just more fun to drive to me. My first car was a bug, my dad got 4-5 and a van from a friend and told me if I wanted a car make one from these. The painter from the airport painted it for me I picked Corvette blue metallic from the paint book, it later caught on fire from a loose fuel line and then painted bright yellow, don't know why ?

At 16 it was a great deal but later I went over to the 2 seaters after buying a girlfriend's dads car, he raced in SCCA and I was hooked.

Now I don't care what we have as long as it gets me where we're going, but if I had a fun car to drive it might be different. 

I still haven't lost the desire to straighten out some of our fabulous Rocky Mountain roads. My go-cart awaits the coming of Spring and the departure of the snow blower:

NECURVE.jpg

• Like 4

Dirtmudd, I think you need  LF, at least for the holidays, even a rental would work. :lol: 

• Haha 3

Got another turkey in that blasted oven, watching it like a hawk, it wants to do 350 and I want 325.

Is Dacor any good?, their 27" is less than Viking more than Thermador.

Don't know who to trust, I grew up trusting sears for appliances, even after the diehard debacle of the early 80s.

Now I trust Interstate batteries, whirl-cesspool is banned from this house after the awful gas stovetop and latest oven. LG has the laundry and refrigeration now 🤞 hope they stay good for at least a decade. Ha!

• Like 3

IMG-20181219-213318.jpg

Something for my brother, they're coming up today.  

Supposed higher Scoville rating than the regular green ja--p---s but these ripe ones are sweet like a red bell pepper, not as hot as regular ****. They're good with white sharp cheddar, probably in cornbread too.

**** and serranos done right are as far as I go with the scoville scale. Took a bite out of a tiny orange pumpkin a friend brought to me at work one day, it was on a bet, I got the $20 but needed lots of salt and it burned the next morning. Hab-free zone here!

++ We just made some quesadillas for dessert and not sure how but these are hotter than even the green with a carrot and onion slice in them!

Must have had a few duds at the top of the jar when I opened it yesterday 

Edited by JohnJ
++
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Dirtmudd, I think you need  LF, at least for the holidays, even a rental would work. :lol: 

• Haha 4

can't say I've seen red jalapenos... The ones we get, typically turn black when they are mature/ripe.

them little orange pumpkins are good... but not to take a big ol' bite of... I nibble on them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When certain peoples demand things they get them.

There are more foreigners here than there are originals, so it makes sense I'm seeing the international aisle get bigger.

Now the raw fish and the seaweed...... they can keep that!

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, dtel said:

I think you need  LF, 

if I can get her back.... I dearly miss

my dog ! aka the four legged ho...

she loved everyone !

IMG_20181223_110452.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

There are more foreigners here than there are originals, so it makes sense I'm seeing the international aisle get bigger.

Now the raw fish and the seaweed...... they can keep that!

My sushi/seaweed remembers are from HI...

I spose you aren't keen on oysters on the half shell? those are fairly raw

tbh

cooking does not improve the flavor of a lot of things. Texture, yes.

• Like 2

wife requested "big meat" for Christmas dinner.  

Does a 20lb rib roast qualify?

• Like 3