Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Elden @dtel -

Enjoyed this while partaking of first cup of mud.

I used to listen to Tea For The Tillerman on vinyl but now it, including this excellent song, is one of my favorite hi-res albums from HDtracks.  It’s exquisite in balanced mode from Pono through Class-D amp into Super Heresys with four iNuke powered Anarchy TH subs.  I can’t imagine needing anything more in my small space and with these old ears.

• Like 4

Bet it's been a month since I've seen the sun come up around here. Got to see it a few minutes ago!! It's cool out there but it will be nice if we ever dry out....even just a little.

Looking around soaking up my first cup before I pull up the game from last night. Got a doe out there hiding from the breeze in the back.

IMG-20190105-073839.jpg

IMG-20190105-075227.jpg

So nice to have good coffee again after getting stuck with a bag of stale beans for a week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

http://hendrixibsen.rocks

36087503_1852824775019287_11960280469523

21768863_1745971385704627_31620103416953

Potato Head Hong Kong

Though not strictly a record store, you can definitely get your fix of wax and caffeine here. The Music Room – located within Potato Head Hong Kong, designed by Japanese architect Sou Fujimoto – houses over 8,000 records, hand-picked by German DJ and producer Johnny Hiller and selection of renowned dealers. The high-spec sound system includes JBL Pro Blue series loudspeakers, Macintosh tube pre amps and amplifiers, a custom-made rotary mixer from Japan, vintage Klipschorn speakers and, of course, a pair of Technics SL-1200s. The space, which features wood panelling and mid-century inspired furniture, also encompasses a homeward store and a coffee bar, and restaurant.

44667492_2040040259620434_80325376017956

20689989_1426217354099098_71307465651414

http://blackgoldbrooklyn.com

10489898_709239055802225_448795861536830

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, richieb said:

=== well apparently it will be new Klipsch speakers for all my friends on the CC&C thread as I have received a very official looking email document from the Secretary of the Treasury, Mr. Steven Mnuchin, that the sum of $3,500,000.00(that’s right boys, three and one-half million big ones) has been appointed to me only awaiting my approval and signature.

So to make this fair and avoid the infighting free speakers might bring I thought it best to - 

- reserve the speaker of your choice 

- choose your finish

- using the price provided on the Klipsch web site forward that amount to me to “hold your reservation” 

- upon receipt of my $3.5M your reserve speakers will be ordered, shipped and deposit returned

- please allow 5-10 years to complete the process 

Gosh, what a great start to 2019

and Happy New Year to all you lucky guys and gals 

You lucky son of a gun. Congrats!

I am not a greedy person, so you go buy yourself something nice. I will take you old system. I'll even pick it up early to make room for your new gear! Pick a time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Elden @dtel -

Enjoyed this while partaking of first cup of mud.

I used to listen to Tea For The Tillerman on vinyl but now it, including this excellent song, is one of my favorite hi-res albums from HDtracks.  It’s exquisite in balanced mode from Pono through Class-D amp into Super Heresys with four iNuke powered Anarchy TH subs.  I can’t imagine needing anything more in my small space and with these old ears.

Back when I had LP's I had Tea For The Tillerman and one of his greatest hit's albums. Now I have nothing by him and ran across it by accident, it was the music in a video I was watching on Youtube, I stopped and looked it up to go listen, then looked at CD's online from him, I need to get some his music again.  

I bookmarked it to remind me to play it through the stereo instead of just headphones, they sound good but can't replace a room full of sound. Thanks

• Like 5

On 12/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, windashine said:

… o O (apples on a banana split) … o O (apples in pancakes) … o O (apple wine) … o O (apples & potato chip's)

… o O (sending apples An Applicable Practical Picture Loosely Enabling Sunday, to jimjimbo) - the 63 Fairlane....

63 Fairlane.jpg

• Like 1

=== edit.

I need to edit a previous post where I was purchasing Klipsch speakers for all CC&C members in light of the email I received announcing $3.5M was waiting my acceptance and sig. Well, I’m  happy to report another benefactor will soon deposit another $2.5M to my account. So if I continue with my new found 2019 generosity maybe new speaks for the entire Forum !?  I feel So lucky to think that for 2019 I am averaging $6M (Yes, Million) Per Week. See what leading a clean, honest life gains you — 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, windashine said:

… o O (I hope Klipsch market's some cool speaker cable's before your offer expires lol, along with some risers)

=== only paying for Klipsch speakers that have serious engineering behind them. Hocus Pocus is out of bounds - Sorry. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, windashine said:

… o O (I hope Klipsch market's some cool speaker cable's before your offer expires lol, along with some risers)

They've now confirmed with their AK6 Khorns what a lot of us already knew about AudioQuest cabling.

The solid copper AQ use makes a big difference.

I've invested in the Type 4 for the Heresy and the Type 8 vertical bi-wire (their name not mine... I know those words trigger some folks) that I had here waiting on my Fortes before I got them. Outstanding DEAD background, clarity, bass response intensified compared to the thirty year old 14G Monster OF cables that I promptly sent to the shed to tie stuff with.

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

to jimjimbo) - the 63 Fairlane....

That's a beauty.  

I have since found out that my original car was relatively rare, a 4 door 500 with the red and white interior in the very exciting "Prairie Tan" color......

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just wanted to show one of the places we use to go see concerts, it was a great place, a riverboat. It would sail up and down the river as the concert went on, unless it was really foggy. If it was foggy they would just pick up the ramps and stay tied to the dock but still no getting off or on. It was cheap to see a show usually between $8-$10 depending on who was playing.

If you scroll down the page in the link there is a complete list of everyone who played on the President, a great place to see a show. 

http://jerrygarciasbrokendownpalaces.blogspot.com/2012/05/riverboat-president-spanish-wharf-new.html

• Like 5