The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

On the bright side, the dark-eyed juncos (slate group) are here.  They are a joy to watch being such beautiful birds. 

we have grackles... not so much fun

51 minutes ago, babadono said:

Happens out here in the desert almost everyday year round.

every day all year...

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

She can't stand to have Italian more than twice a month, I don't mind it twice a day anyday.

my wife doesn't like spaghetti. I asked what she does not like. ...

She does not like the sauce....or the pasta

now it gets confusing....   She likes mine. It traditional style in my family.

I really don't know what to think. Maybe I should have her secretary tell me whether it is good/authentic or not. She is a professional chef.

I am thinking of offering my service as a sous chef for her when she goes to Kona over the holidays. She has folks pay her to cook for them there. Yes, they do pay her air fare, too

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Italian is way more than pasta.  Grackles are annoying when they flock---loud and messy, but at least are native birds.  Now in Honolulu, you don't see any native birds anymore.  Parakeets, pigeons, bulbuls, and ring necked doves are the majority, and it's not all that cool.  There are the seasonal golden plovers still, but less and less.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I love Italian food, but after marrying a Filipina I switched to rice for my starches. Lost weight and feel a lot healthier. Been around 148-150 for the past 10 years.

It's 76 here this morning... supposed to hit 87 today. Have to go buy some new floor tiles, a bunch popped loose and have broken. They have some crazy ideas on technique here. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In Italy, pasta is a small first dish.  I eat both, and potatoes.  It's not the choice of starch, it is the balance of the diet.

• Like 5

Well, we do potatoes too, plus a lot of diff veggies. A fair amount of pork, bbut it gets boiled before cooking in whatever dish is being prepared.

• Like 4

Yeah, with my experience in Hawaii I am no stranger to their food.  It is good, and even better with hot sauce.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Spam sounds tasty....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spam isn't Filipino.  I'm not sure it is really all that tasty either.  The origination was in the survival food nature from history.  It became a part of the culture post war time.  I don't mind it in small amounts in a fried rice, but seriously?  It is shelf stable in the can, but priced what a sirloin steak is on the mainland per pound.  So it is not even cheap considering the quality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My hot sauce however goes a long way to restoring the balance of the universe when paired with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How expensive is Spam on the islands? It's about $2.64 at home and the equiv. here in the Phils.

It's definitely a culture thing here from WWII. I love Spam and eggs... put turmeric on the eggs while cooking and hot sauce on everything when eating.

• Like 4

1.99 on sale is as low as it gets.  That's for 8 ounces I think.

• Like 2

I NEVER tried hot sauce on eggs or really anything else.  Always thought it would just mess things up.  Lately it's been mushroom/cheese with egg in the morning for breakfast THEN I though WHY the heck not?  Yup, the addiction is REAL!    😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

I NEVER tried hot sauce on eggs or really anything else. 

:o So there really is someone, I didn't think it was true. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

:o So there really is someone, I didn't think it was true. 

Always the exception to the rule..  Always  :)

• Haha 2

Spam. Walmart. Zip 78418. $0.22 per oz / 12 oz can. 

Rather have fried garlic bologna; can't get it here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Rather have fried garlic bologna

Can't blame you, but I have had both, but don't want to know what's in them or how they're made. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dtel said:

Can't blame you, but I have had both, but don't want to know what's in them or how they're made. 

we always call the ingredients azzhole rings and eyebrows (which leads me to a funny story next time I see you)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

we always call the ingredients azzhole rings and eyebrows (which leads me to a funny story next time I see you)

IF ur hitting the pilgirmage let me know I'll throw some in the cooler.  Just googled the place and found this story from the Chicago Tribune...  Half hour down the road and it's freakin great w/french fried onion rings and a few beers.  Doesn't get any better imo!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/travel/sc-trav-0710-food-bologna-20120710-story.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Phils runs on 220 and house wiring looks like they've used 18 gauge zip cord. Oh, wait, they did... in some houses. Using 1/2 inch drill plugged into this extension box. Always makes me nervous.

IMG_20190110_37810.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Bologna is a cooked, smoked sausage made of cured beef, cured pork or a mixture of the two. The bologna might include choice cuts, depending on who's making it, but usually contains afterthoughts of the meat industry - organs, trimmings, end pieces

we have a polish market...  that uses only good ingredients.... So if you go to Wal-Mart.. Don't know the quality of their products..

https://www.polishfoodutica.com/our-history

• Like 2