The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

6 minutes ago, windashine said:

Cool Garage Project... Thanks for the pictures while it was underway... Definitely adding this project to my bucket list !

No problem.  The garage is almost 45 years old.  It was due for a little freshening up.

• Like 1

I bet is even sounds completely different when you walk in, In a couple of days, you will be able to feel a difference when the next chill gets here.  Looks like they did a great job, that is alot of foam, I know it's not cheap but will last and save money heating and cooling. Well done 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Done and gone.

20190118_153530.jpg

That's nice. They did a good job too. Where are you going to put those big black bags full of cash?

Keith

• Haha 3

That's not cash.  Just some stuff he is "holding for a friend."

• Haha 5

This whole foam thing was just a front to cover up a special delivery today.

If that is cutoff foam you should bust it open in the rest of the attic, couldn't hurt.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I bet is even sounds completely different when you walk in, In a couple of days, you will be able to feel a difference when the next chill gets here.  Looks like they did a great job, that is alot of foam, I know it's not cheap but will last and save money heating and cooling. Well done 

It reminds me of the aneonic chamber in Hope.  My daughter even commented the same thing.   Once the walls get up that should go away.  Right now you can shout in there and the sound just disappears.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Done and gone.

20190118_153530.jpg

That must be the famous slushie machine in the center there.   YUM! 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It reminds me of the aneonic chamber in Hope.  My daughter even commented the same thing.   Once the walls get up that should go away.  Right now you can shout in there and the sound just disappears.

The sound reflecting more off the walls more after drywall I would think, but it is still going to be a completely different sound. Even after it's done you will know the difference when you walk in the room.

• Like 1

The foam will make the wall assembly stiffer and more echoic. At least that's been my experience. Don't know how important one way or another that is to Cecaa in his garage. Acoustic treatment of course is still possible if wall space is available.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

The foam will make the wall assembly stiffer and more echoic. At least that's been my experience. Don't know how important one way or another that is to Cecaa in his garage. Acoustic treatment of course is still possible if wall space is available.

With a lower noise floor when closed.

• Like 1

Quite the nice project and ya nailed it CECAA. Tight and quiet too.  What more could you ask for?  Ha!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

What more could you ask for?  Ha!

… o O (invite fellow forum members by for free beer for an observation Wall party before January is over, and the expiration dates expire) 🍺

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

With a lower noise floor when closed.

It's reeeeeeeeealy quiet in there now compared to how it's been in the past.  I'm also curious as to how long it will hold its temperature.  It was mid 60s last night when a front blew threugh.  It's 53 outside now with a good wind.  Inside the garage is still 63.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (invite fellow forum members by for free beer for an observation Wall party before January is over, and the expiration dates expire) 🍺

There's always an open invitation for forum friends to stop by.

9 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

That must be the famous slushie machine in the center there.   YUM! 

The portable one works much better.

10 hours ago, T2K said:

That's nice. They did a good job too. Where are you going to put those big black bags full of cash?

Keith

I got that from a Nigerian prince.  Don't tell anyone.  I'm not declaring it on my taxes.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The portable one works much better.

Is that the Armstrong model?

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Is that the Armstrong model?

The very one.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I got that from a Nigerian prince.  Don't tell anyone.  I'm not declaring it on my taxes.

The entire Nigerian royalty lives in the United States.   They are the most generous individuals I know of.   Always sharing their wealth with Americans.   They are our true allies.

• Haha 2