Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Hey @tromprof was that you today on NPR’s Marketplace?  

https://download.stream.publicradio.org/podcast/marketplace/pm/2019/01/25/pm_20190125_pod_64.mp3?srcid=rss&siteplayer=true&dl=1&listeningSessionID=5b3f73ec2061812f_17579249_2MmRvO9P__0000001YS3J

If not, listen to the podcast at 26 minutes in.  I think you’ll find it interesting.

Not I. Glad to hear another of our small group educating the masses!

As I always tell my students, when in doubt blow in the small end of the horn.

• Like 4

@tromprof You’ll be interested in hearing that Max, our pet chinchilla, loved trombone music.  Chinchillas are nocturnal.  The sure way to lure Max from his dark hideaway out into the larger cage was live trombone music.  Recorded trombone music did not fool Max.  Live saxophone did not appeal to Max.  Eventually, the sound of opening the case would bring Max to the bars of his cage.

The say it takes 300 chinchillas to make a coat.   That’s because they have tiny hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@tromprof You’ll be interested in hearing that Max, our pet chinchilla, loved trombone music.  Chinchillas are nocturnal.  The sure way to lure Max from his dark hideaway out into the larger cage was live trombone music.  Recorded trombone music did not fool Max.  Live saxophone did not appeal to Max.  Eventually, the sound of opening the case would bring Max to the bars of his cage.

The say it takes 300 chinchillas to make a coat.   That’s because they have tiny hands.

If I can’t find any gigs I will advertise myself as a Chinchilla lure-er. Who knows, might pay better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The Rolex 24 at Daytona starts today. Wish I was there. It's a bucket list race for me.

One of my favorite drivers will make his first start there....Alex Zanardi. He lost both his legs in a race crash. It's amazing what this guy has accomplished.

I've worked that race before.  The infield is a blast come night fall.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've worked that race before.  The infield is a blast come night fall.

The attendance has really picked up in the past few years. They interviewed a foreign driver, he said last year at 3am he smelled someone cooking with BBQ sauce! He knew right then that he would enjoy racing in the US.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mornin'

after my speakers were auditioned

I feel somewhat deprived. Without going through all of the steps to finding good speakers, one jump ... I fell into a primo pair.  Still gaining appreciation for what I got.

I did not go to the Arivaca on display thing at the park. After the water being out and me needing to bathe... By the time I was "ready" the party was breaking up. They had a couple local bands, booths, food... mostly the people on display.  Missed my big chance, I know

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pete H said:

More snow, more coffee, time to go plow the driveway.  

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

What he said.

Have you two heard about the super cold stuff coming this way in a few days? -12 temps and -30 windchills? But 45 tomorrow ☹️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1