Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:
3 hours ago, dtel said:

They're saying this will bring the coldest temps this year, single digits or - anything is crazy. 

How often do you see single digit temps?

I have seen it once, 3 degrees...............we were on vacation in West Virginia. :lol:

Here, I have never, 13-14 is probably the lowest here, high teens almost every winter but just overnight. This winter we got to 28 one night and 30 a couple days ago, about normal, still have some tropical plants and a little green grass not wilted yet.

I'm not completely happy if I can not wear shorts and a tank top, lately, with a light jacket, I hate long pants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

… last time I flew on an airplane, coming back from Cancun, like 4 yr's ago, I just wore my flip flops and swimming trunks for the flight... because on the way down, it was a hassle to take off my steel toe work boot's in the airport customs line.... but on the subject of chicken... I like cold fried chicken leg's from the Kentucky colonel !!! … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Like cold chicken period, least being the thigh although will and have so. Careful up there in those frigid zones. Careful down here also as, not used to single digits for some time. Listening once again to Heep for inspiration...sure it makes sense somehow...Not tough enough..like ya'll...:emotion-14:

• Like 2

must be on a like road in  my interminable journey. thanks for that in spirational and keep on a truckin my man...

11 minutes ago, windashine said:

The Highway Engineering Exchange Program (HEEP) is an international organization that promotes advances in transportation engineering through the exchange of knowledge and information technology.... lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, windashine said:

The Highway Engineering Exchange Program (HEEP) is an international organization that promotes advances in transportation engineering through the exchange of knowledge and information technology.... lol 

Sorry that have not had the occasion but, have been a following your posts so, yea man.

"You may be right, I may be wrong but, I won't be wrong always...Count Basie"

Please fill me in ... Song on Youtube, if you venture there by 10 YEARS after1969...watch treble, lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, windashine said:

Ten Year's After, I'm goin home, somehow play's in rotation, under my hat, for about 45 year's now lol... a u-tube video...  nawwwww….

Only saw them once...Jax coliseum...well, well worth the trip...Ric Lee and especially all the rest but, watch Leo Lyons...what a hoot...alright then...bass extroidinaire...lol...:)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dtel said:

I'm not completely happy if I can not wear shorts and a tank top, lately, with a light jacket, I hate long pants. 

got ya fitted for a sarong... you'll love them.

I can't complain about our weather. I would prefer a little warmer, but it is January.  I'll have to settle for 70`.  No frost this AM.  Not saying it isn't pushing freezing...  I see some rain predicted for mid week. Here, that is.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, windashine said:

Ten Year's After, I'm goin home, somehow play's in rotation, under my hat, for about 45 year's now lol... (a u-tube video...  nope…. you had to be there)

A recurring Timothy Leary moment . Turn on, tune in, drop out

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, windashine said:

... I like cold fried chicken leg's from the Kentucky colonel !!!

Cold fried chicken or pizza leftover was always one of my favorites. For someone that doesn't like to eat in the morning, I'll have that for breakfast and revel with it. Never slows you down much, have to have a paper towel so you don't get the shifter or the wheel greasy! Only trouble with it is you gotta make something else for dinner when you polish off the leftovers before 7:00 am.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Cold fried chicken or pizza leftover was always one of my favorites. For someone that doesn't like to eat in the morning, I'll have that for breakfast and revel with it. Never slows you down much, have to have a paper towel so you don't get the shifter or the wheel greasy! Only trouble with it is you gotta make something else for dinner when you polish off the leftovers before 7:00 am.

=== a little grease on yer shifter never hurt nuthin’ - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4