Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Have on very close to that but I don't think it's a junior, it was my dads. The trigger is not so great so I have a small bungee to keep it pulled when it does make contact, good thing I don't solder much.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Have on very close to that but I don't think it's a junior, it was my dads. The trigger is not so great so I have a small bungee to keep it pulled when it does make contact, good thing I don't solder much.  

This one is from 1954...

With a 2 stage trigger

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Possible record cold temps here tomorrow and Wednesday.  Lows of -20 with wind chill of -50.  Heavy snow right now.

That makes me fell better about -9 and -30, but not much.  There's a whole bunch of stuff that would not normally freeze but will with those temps.  

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

weller-jr-box.jpg

Haven't used this since the early 70's..

On my afx ho slot cars...

Thought my father had a newer one..

But I think it's a craftmans...

So I'm going to try my luck soldering..

IMG_20190128_115456_hdr.jpg

Hey a wood burner. You can carve your initials in a tree with that:)

• Haha 3

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

This one is from 1954...

With a 2 stage trigger

That might be older than mine? Apparently, my little bungee cord broke so I put tape on it. It's been through alot over the years.

39 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

If my soldering skills... Are not up to par..

my next venture is cauterizing ..

If I had any soldering skills I would not use this gun. I probably have done a little accidental cauterizing already I would think.

25 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hey a wood burner. You can carve your initials in a tree with that:)

:emotion-55:  Never thought of that.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I still have mine as well.
Back when my son was around 3ish he saw it and wanted to know what it was. Well, me being me, I told him it was my ray gun. plug it in, pull trigger on wood and the smoke started. Had to keep it pointed down so as not to hit any aircraft flying over.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That might be older than mine? Apparently, my little bungee cord broke so I put tape on it. It's been through alot over the years.

If I had any soldering skills I would not use this gun. I probably have done a little accidental cauterizing already I would think.

:emotion-55:  Never thought of that.

image.jpeg

weller-mickey-mantle-1958.gif

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Possible record cold temps here tomorrow and Wednesday.  Lows of -20 with wind chill of -50.  Heavy snow right now.

that sounds like winter the way I remember it. Record lows?   1976/1977... I was up there. Turned the heat down to 45` in the factories so there would be enough gas to heat homes.    Pneumatic tools don't work for dookie and the paint shop had to lay some paint to sag off, to prove to upper level mgt, it wouldn't work...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1