Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, richieb said:

=== I do remember the look on your face when your trusty pour over maker fell from your car and met an untimely death in the Motel 6 parking lot — motel parking lots are a horrible place for things to end —

Thanks my friend.....I was going to mention that, but reliving that nightmare was simply too much to bear.....I think it was the Super 8....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Requested a glass of Guinness at an Irish bar last week and the bartender put a perfect Shamrock in the foam.  Yes I was impressed.

It's not a proper pint if they don't. I was in a bar and a guy got a Guinness without a shamrock. Conversation goes on between them. The guy went behind the bar and taught the bartender how to do it.

• Like 4

I had one vacation day to take before the end of the month or I'd lose it.   Thought I would start on my ceiling in the garage.  Every piece I put up will have to be ripped as the joists are not on 16" centers.  More like 19".  All I can say is that it's a ***** to do by yourself.  This is going to take me a while. 

20190222_091228.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I had one vacation day to take before the end of the month or I'd lose it.   Thought I would start on my ceiling in the garage.  Every piece I put up will have to be ripped as the joists are not on 16" centers.  More like 19".  All I can say is that it's a ***** to do by yourself.  This is going to take me a while. 

20190222_091228.jpg

Believe it or not, that's somewhat of a common joist or stud layout. Something like 19-3/16" OC, you eliminate 1 stud every 8'. Used more in decks, gazebos, garages.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Believe it or not, that's somewhat of a common joist or stud layout. Something like 19-3/16" OC, you eliminate 1 stud every 8'. Used more in decks, gazebos, garages.

Common yes.  Convenient no.  Wastes too much material.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 2/21/2019 at 9:35 AM, jimjimbo said:

I carry chocolate covered espresso beans in an old 35mm film canister in case of emergency....

Over the years those film canisters carried way more than film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Requested a glass of Guinness at an Irish bar last week and the bartender put a perfect Shamrock in the foam.  Yes I was impressed.

I hate when the only beer available is Guinness and you're stuck with a twice as bitter beer :lol: 

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

More like 19".  All I can say is that it's a ***** to do by yourself.  This is going to take me a while. 

That's not fun at all, kind of crazy the material gets wasted somewhere down the line, unless it's not going to be covered like for a deck as Ceptorman said.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, GeorgeK said:

you could try 12 ft OSB. Might be less waste

But then Carl would have wear one of those weightlifting belts just to get it on the lift, he's old that's asking alot.

Never heard of a 12' sheet of osb.............I even hate the long sheets of drywall well even the short sheets suck.

• Like 2