Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

sounds like tequila. After the first 2 or 3, it starts to taste good. lol

 

Chuck. Looks cold 

 

 Work commences on our "cabin" as the wife's  aunt so politely called this place.. tomorrow.   Hope to some real improvements after this cosmetic crapola. I would love to get the kitchen and bath finished.  I have cookware that hasn't seen light of day in 7 years.  And dishes. You would think we don't have.  I have 2 generations of cookware and dishes. A set of Lennox in IN, still.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Work commences on our "cabin"

Nothing wrong with a cabin, we have a barn. :laugh: It started out as a pole barn and we changed plans halfway through, it's not too cold or hot and it does not rain in. :emotion-21:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must have been the genuine article. Was taught down here to chase shine with a beer. Tasted liked the way to do it. Like to know my contributors, best found out was Alabama, and Tennessee, with some Florida thrown in...good stuff baby...made me wonder if Grannie was right. Think so cause Jethro was in space...farm out...

Edit: A couple or 3 or four swallows and, I was no fittin' for the road although, I somehow found it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billybob said:

They must have been the genuine article. Was taught down here to chase shine with a beer.

These were very flavorful, if anything too sweet, I said you could put it on a snowball. The clear is very smooth also, no need to drink anything after tasting, very smooth and that can be a problem if you don't control yourself.

 

It kind of reminds me of Carl's martinis, all alcohol but the taste can fool you into not realizing how strong they can be.

 

 

.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dtel said:

These were very flavorful, if anything too sweet, I said you could put it on a snowball. The clear is very smooth also, no need to drink anything after tasting, very smooth and that can be a problem if you don't control yourself.

 

It kind of reminds me of Carl's martinis, all alcohol but the taste can fool you into not realizing how strong they can be.

 

 

.

From what have heard, can almost feel. A snow ball effect could be be dangerous if travelling alone. Joking of course yet, yes control and not letting friends or not drive...double vision...for real.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A "cabin" is a step in the right direction. There was an 8 X 24 travel trailer in the middle of the place. I reduced it to being the "floor in the bedroom". And, yeah. it does look like a cabin. It all wood. Redwood on the walls. Wood/bamboo floors. Fireplace for heat. Cabin, it is. Still rough, though.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It only has to please 2 people, if you worry about what anyone else thinks your wasting your time.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's getting a little scary, it's been over 24 hours since a post. 

Couldn't let it go 48.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's getting a little scary, it's been over 24 hours since a post. 

Couldn't let it go 48.

Yea really quiet around here. Everyone is at the Heresy3 thread!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit to looking in on it.

 

  I am still gaining appreciation for these LS.  I was "deprived" of working thru a half dozen set of speakers to get to where I am. I can't say I wouldn't like to have a bass to 20hz..

But that horn would rather imposing. I been following the super MWM thread, too

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still thinkin' 'bout Peach Moonshine.....MMmmmmmmm......:)

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I am still gaining appreciation for these LS.

You are a lucky man.....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

I was "deprived" of working thru a half dozen set of speakers to get to where I am.

What you did is really the smart way, and cheaper.

Find or ask around for some inexpensive DIY sub plans, it will make your LaScalas be truly full range.

 

49 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You are a lucky man.....

I was in Hope for a week so I may have missed it, how was your trip?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dtel said:

I was in Hope for a week so I may have missed it, how was your trip?

84 degrees and breezy off the Caribbean......

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed the HIII thread is gone. Hope Mark gets it sorted out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dtel said:

how was your trip?

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's funny, she feels sorry for him because he can't feel it or see what she sees.

 

 

 

 

.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geeze........ When is the sun ever going to come up??

Ok It's light out there! Been in here fighting with f'n win10. This room has navy nearly blackout type curtains in it.

After the pc rebuild my rig would not go to sleep, spent time troubleshooting and it was the new RX590 graphics card.... a "refresh" of an older gpu chip that was way newer than what I had...

Sent that sucker back and the primo cards were set at a very nice price `cause they are the old ones now.

Now I didn't set out to, and I don't care for bling...... but I've ended up with it twice now. The mags on the new car and my pc.. I was able to adjust it to turn off the lightshow when it's asleep and be just plain ATI/AMD (DAAMIT) red though. Here's what it's like angled out from the desk    (bows head & shakes side to side smiley)

 

Not going to use the watercooler for the cpu again I think, not after the Corsair cost me hundreds in the rebuild.

Anybody interested in a new factory sealed Corsair H115i Extreme Liquid CPU Cooling System?

 

 IMG-20190311-135242.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Geeze........ When is the sun ever going to come up??

Ok It's light out there! Been in here fighting with f'n win10. This room has navy nearly blackout type curtains in it.

After the pc rebuild my rig would not go to sleep, spent time troubleshooting and it was the new RX590 graphics card.... a "refresh" of an older gpu chip that was way newer than what I had...

Sent that sucker back and the primo cards were set at a very nice price `cause they are the old ones now.

Now I didn't set out to, and I don't care for bling...... but I've ended up with it twice now. The mags on the new car and my pc.. I was able to adjust it to turn off the lightshow when it's asleep and be just plain ATI/AMD (DAAMIT) red though. Here's what it's like angled out from the desk    (bows head & shakes side to side smiley)

 

Not going to use the watercooler for the cpu again I think, not after the Corsair cost me hundreds in the rebuild.

Anybody interested in a new factory sealed Corsair H115i Extreme Liquid CPU Cooling System?

 

 IMG-20190311-135242.jpg

 

 

 

 

with that set up.... it looks like the sun...

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man... I love what that guy does with the Yes youtubes!

Up at 5:30, back to almost normal for me and dark outside. 

Decade after decade..... DST messes with me every time for a couple weeks!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...