Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Charlotte is not a nice place to be anymore,

That's a shame.  It's been about 13 years since I've done anything in Charlotte besides fly in and out of, but when I lived in S.C. I was through there a lot,  went to quite a few races there, it was actually one of the cities I really liked, and they are few and far between. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know much about the place... there is an airport and my niece lives there.  es todo

 

 .... had some coffee the other day

2nd to none

 

  so bad, none came in 1st.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pete H said:

people riding bicycles that challenge vehicles by driving on roads that were built for motor vehicles

 

I had a old Toyota pick-up that had trailer mirrors that stuck out a bit.

They would ride up this steep two lane road with no shoulder right at 7:00AM, when people go to work in cars. I'd be getting a good run up the hill, and about half way,

there would four or five bicycle clowns blocking the lane...have to slam on the brakes...I hated that!

 

I'd try get as close I could with those trailer mirrors without actually tagging them...they'd move over real quick once they caught on to it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dtel said:

Local residents, they stay around all year, Canadians AH!

BECF5E98-5224-4D27-8F52-47C114F5E42D.jpeg

You need to invite some over for dinner. I remember in the late 70's when these were still protected birds. Then they started breeding like crazy and whole golf courses in SE Michigan became unusable at times every year from prodigious and copious mounds of crap every where. Here in southern Tn they are in every body of water bigger then a puddle. And it is Canadians EH! I count 11 meals there so get busy

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pete H said:

That's a shame.  It's been about 13 years since I've done anything in Charlotte besides fly in and out of, but when I lived in S.C. I was through there a lot,  went to quite a few races there, it was actually one of the cities I really liked, and they are few and far between. 

 The PC crowd is busy improving it. I have relatives who are part of that group from Davidson College and they have very strange ideas about what should work. She wrote a book once on how to raise children. The problem is she never had any to raise so how would she know what to do? Now they are busy helping Charlotte learn how to behave with the same results that mindset gets where ever it gains control. They were so disappointed over the behavior of certain groups during the riots and don't understand they helped create the monster they are saddened  by.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dave A said:

 The PC crowd is busy improving it. I have relatives who are part of that group from Davidson College and they have very strange ideas about what should work. She wrote a book once on how to raise children. The problem is she never had any to raise so how would she know what to do? Now they are busy helping Charlotte learn how to behave with the same results that mindset gets where ever it gains control. They were so disappointed over the behavior of certain groups during the riots and don't understand they helped create the monster they are saddened  by.

Living here off and on for close to 60 years.... I'm sensing sarcasm here, and love it!

Improved more or less = Destroyed in this instance

"New & Improved" is what they labeled Coca-Cola until they went back to the old formula. Heinz 57? nope it got a little sweet 20 yrs ago, I've called it heinz 58 since... it's not as good on my excellent salmon patties.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Charlotte is not a nice place to be anymore,

Only spent one weekend in Charlotte back in August 1974, at the Motor Speedway.  August Jam.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Only spent one weekend in Charlotte back in August 1974, at the Motor Speedway.  August Jam.

A day that has lived in infamy around the southeast since!

I was too young to partake.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Living here off and on for close to 60 years.... I'm sensing sarcasm here, and love it!

Improved more or less = Destroyed in this instance

"New & Improved" is what they labeled Coca-Cola until they went back to the old formula. Heinz 57? nope it got a little sweet 20 yrs ago, I've called it heinz 58 since it's not as good on my excellent salmon patties.

 

 

 

 

Even S&D coffee went south. My favorite coffee of all time was their Costa Rican but they got bought out and now their stuff is awful.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

A day that has lived in infamy around the southeast since!

I was too young to partake.

Hmmmm,  time for trivia again?  At what venue did Jim Dandy break the tip off of his sword?  He only had one sword he used in every show.  How and Where also.  Carry on!  :)  Been a bit busy modifying my mower for the rainy Ohio spring.  Think I've got it though!

Black Oak Arkansas.jpg

mower.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^

=== Oh Gawd — Black Oak? Jim Dandy even - ? Stick with Mercury driven Hustlers’, please - . Very innovative by the way —

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Been a bit busy modifying my mower for the rainy Ohio spring.  Think I've got it though!

Tell me about it.  Looking for wheels to rig up my Steiner 230 with dual fronts so I can get on certain sections of my yard, but after looking at your idea, maybe I need some pontoons and prop in the back. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Heinz 57? nope it got a little sweet 20 yrs ago,

high fructose corn syrup

As an aside, 57 referred to their number of varieties way back when...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

high fructose corn syrup

As an aside, 57 referred to their number of varieties way back when...

And the 58th is labelled 57 now! It was great tangy but kinda yucky sweet.

At least I can find their original hickory bbq sauce again now, it's not sweet-s*$t and it's great for chicken on the grill, or a ham sandwich with cheese and potato chips in it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing worse than getting a Hustler stuck in the mud...other than having it die and not start in the mud.

Getting high centered with one is no fun either.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Hmmmm,  time for trivia again? 

Don't know the answer, just wanted to say Kevin Harmon loved that band and seen them alot. He just got a new trailer to haul his speakers to pilgrimage but the last trailer had that logo on it he had someone make. The logo on that album with the acorn and the arm, it was about 2' wide and on his old trailer, his wife hated it and called it names and gave him a hard time about it, so we all teased him about it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Hmmmm,  time for trivia again?  At what venue did Jim Dandy break the tip off of his sword?  He only had one sword he used in every show.  How and Where also.  Carry on!  :)  Been a bit busy modifying my mower for the rainy Ohio spring.  Think I've got it though!

Black Oak Arkansas.jpg

mower.jpg

Little Rock ette. Following white haired woman...good to go Dave

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a great day at Wrigley Field.

Mid 60's, partly sunny, out of the wind and some cold Goose Island.

We stayed in an Airbnb 2 blocks away.

Visited the Cubby Bear, Casey Morans, Old Crow Smokehouse, John Barleycorn...dinner at Hutch and breakfast at Kanela Breakfast Club.

I am not a big Cubs fan but I love Wrigley.

Oh yea...Cubs Win, Cubs win.

Wrigley0.jpg

Wrigley1.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a nice time.

 

 I am not a very good urbanite. go figure...

I'm making a public appearance tomorrow.  Today is wife's b'day. We're going out for dinner. A better menu for Mom'sDay... so we go then.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...